Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CBJ] Jonathan Quick (50% retained) for Michael Hutchinson, 2025 7th round pick

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Note in that same game Kings held the Isles to 18 total shots the entire game.
Yep, but I don't seem to recall a lot of rebounds, that is where those shot totals start to add up.
Guy is smart and understands the game so well, but I think most the hockey world had talked about his style and how it would play later in life. Quickie was probably the best athlete on the team for many years.

If he re-invents himself who knows what he is capable of, but his "scorpion" days are probably behind him :)

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Goaltending is a government psy-op, just like birds
kq1ovlabfoc31.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Iggys Dome

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
So Jarmos deadline;

- scout trip over Europe
- talk about trading someone and leave it on queue for few days
- whine about Bruins bad ethics for taking a better deal
- take Quick as cap casualty
- immediately flip Quick to a Kings rival who they might play in the best-of-seven
- trollface
Kinda how Sharks got Jones. Shipped to BOS, then right to us. Unfortunately Jones turned out to be Jones, but his first few seasons were great.

I miss the dance off... You guys need to get back in the playoffs
those were all fun and games until ya'll won the cup. Then your fanbase became entitled SoCal'ers. :/

Reactions: fsanford

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Of course and not good. It still remains that he will have better defensive support in Vegas than he did in LA. Sure, he has regressed and could have played better, but he was left out to dry far more nights than not.
Advanced defensive metrics say otherwise. And Phoenix copley a guy who was 3rd stringer I minors, is playing to alnost his exact career averages. Copley who has a sv% 20 points higher isn't some stud whose numbers are dragged down by the defense or thriving in spite of defense.

Quicks sv% went down every single month since November, even when the team was winning behind mediocre copley play that was much an improvement.

Brossoit is back already and has played about four games, all pretty well. This trade makes little sense.
Broissoit got injured again after those 4 games and is now on injured reserve. He was placed on injured reserve 2 days ago

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Cassidy’s system forces everything outside. His number will improve by default. I won’t doubt him succeeding there.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like risky deal, in the sense that is Quick now your presumptive starter come playoff time? If you don't think you're going to have Thompson/Brossoit available, i guess it's a non-issue. But if those guys are ready to rock, a guy like Quick with that kind of clout makes it difficult to sit him...even if it's for the currently better goaltender.

Obviously they wanted to shore things up and that's fair. But a high profile guy like Quick presents some different challenges, depending on how everything else shakes out.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Could someone explain this to me? Aiden Hill is the current starter I thought? Brossoit is back? And I thought logan thompson the real starter this season was hopeful of returning yet?

And now quick? Is brossoit getting sent down?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
His and ppetersons performance is why they have a bad goal differential. You realize the goalie letting in goals effects the differential right? What's their differential with copley?
I was curious, so I looked it up.

With Copley in net (27 games): 87 GF 71 GA or 3.46 GFA 2.82 GAA
With Quick in net (31 games): 82 GF 99 GA or 2.90 GFA 3.50 GAA

So, their differential with Copley was +16 and their differential with Quick was -17. You're right: big difference.

That said, there's also a big difference in scoring at the other end while they were in net. If we imagine that they supported Copley with the same 2.90 goals per game that they gave Quick, their differential would be only +2 (2.90-2.82*27), and if we imagine that they supported Quick with the same 3.46 goals per game that they gave Copley, their differential would be -1 (3.46-3.50*31). That's not to say that it's the rest of the team's fault, just that they played differently in front of them. Perhaps having a leaky goaltender affected their confidence and morale, so maybe it's still somewhat on Quick, but another team might respond differently and give him more support. Who knows. I'm curious to see if his numbers improve or not behind a different team.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Could someone explain this to me? Aiden Hill is the current starter I thought? Brossoit is back? And I thought logan thompson the real starter this season was hopeful of returning yet?

And now quick? Is brossoit getting sent down?
He got injured while Hill was injured..... Just think of the Vegas Goaltending position like Hogwarts Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher and it all makes sense. :laugh:

I have however managed to obtain the discussions with Quick, Columbus and Vegas

81363.jpg

85735.jpg

89288.jpg

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I guess this only makes sense if thompson and brossoit both wont be back in the regular season. Even if one of thems back you got aiden hill already.

Lets say logans back in 2 weeks, they wouldnt send hill down would they? My mind is all over the place with this absurd stockpile of goalies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I really don't understand Columbus' motivation here. Retaining 50% for a 7th round pick 2, years from now? Even with the retention being basically a paper transaction, this seems almost not worth it....

I mean they couldn't do even a 5th or 6th?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I really don't understand Columbus' motivation here. Retaining 50% for a 7th round pick 2, years from now? Even with the retention being basically a paper transaction, this seems almost not worth it....

Could be just trying to do right by Quick.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It saves money to get rid of the player. You either pay half in a trade or you don't trade him and pay 100%.

I was surprised someone was willing to take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad