Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CBJ] Jonathan Quick (50% retained) for Michael Hutchinson, 2025 7th round pick

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I wouldn't say exponentially better. Has he been better? Yes, but he hasn't been a world beater either. There are some of his performances that leave me scratching my head wondering how the Kings came out with a win.
Quick wasn't that bad at the start of the year and actually had a .895 sv% or better in like 9 of 16 games, but since November 28th he had a sv%below .890 in 13 of 15 games he played(one of the 2 others was just 1 period of relief facing 7 shots) below .880 in 9 of them and .870 in 7 of them and phoenix copley was exceptionally better during this time.

Quick was mediocre to start year then just basically fell off a cliff at the we end ofnnovember

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
So far Vegas is winning the deadline deals. Barbashev has been a difference maker and Quick has almost a .940 Sv %, 3-0 with 1 shutout.

Cassidy’s system always makes goaltenders look good. His teams force everything outside more than any other coach right now. Much easier saves.

Take nothing away from Quick though. He’s been as solid as it gets.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I'm just glad that now that Quick is out of LA, people will finally treat him like the KING that he was

watch all these articles now say stuff like, "Is Quick the Best goalie of our generation?" asks THN and so on..

good

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I'm just glad that now that Quick is out of LA, people will finally treat him like the KING that he was

watch all these articles now say stuff like, "Is Quick the Best goalie of our generation?" asks THN and so on..

good
Kings are 4-0-1 since the trade so.....

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Quick looks happy to be in Vegas and not in the dump Columbus.

Screenshot_20230312-173308_Facebook.jpg

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
As a Kings fan, it was so sweet to see Martinez pass the cup to Quick. Even sweeter to see Quick lift the cup after being so traded so disrespectfully by LA/Blake. It was the right move on paper for the Kings, but I’ll always have a bad taste in my mouth how the trade was handled.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
As a Kings fan, it was so sweet to see Martinez pass the cup to Quick. Even sweeter to see Quick lift the cup after being so traded so disrespectfully by LA/Blake. It was the right move on paper for the Kings, but I’ll always have a bad taste in my mouth how the trade was handled.
What's for lunch today?

Reactions: shadow1

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Availing oneself of contractual rights that were bargained for between parties of equal power = disrespectful. Interesting.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Wondering if anyone offers anything for his rights and starts talking to him pre draft?
I think Quick retires. He was really good for us for a few games when there literally was nobody else, but then started to fade. The mind is willing, but the body is unable to go very long without substantial rest.

FWIW, I think he did Broissoit and Hill some good about playoff tending. He'd probably make a great goalie coach if he were so inclined, but also probably doesn't need the bucks.

DtP5000

Dec 27, 2020
Quick could possibly need some cleanup from the surgeon, if so he may be able to keep on for a couple seasons with some rest and rehab. Of course, it could also be the end of line. I’d love to see him take over the winningest U.S. goaltender spot, if possible.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Wondering if anyone offers anything for his rights and starts talking to him pre draft?
Quick was abysmal in LA this year, then while not as bad with Vegas, he had slightly below league average stats behind a Vegas defense that made adin hill and brossoit look like vezina contenders. Vegas chose to have a hill that had very little career track record and hadn't played in over a month back up brossoit over quick.

Even 5th/6th strong goalie hiring patera looked better than quick in his 2 games. No reason to give up anything for quick. He is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad