Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm not really seeing the reason for the heat on Sekeres and 1040. They have a Swedish reporter/"insider" on and he presents a situation where Pettersson may stay in the SHL, talks about the influence his former team, coach, gm etc have on him. Ferraro and (I think) Button go on and say this is a somewhat the same thing.

Sekeres tweets there are rumblings he could stay in Sweden. Did I miss him tweeting or saying on the radio that he was 100% staying and stirring up that controversy?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I'm not really seeing the reason for the heat on Sekeres and 1040. They have a Swedish reporter/"insider" on and he presents a situation where Pettersson may stay in the SHL, talks about the influence his former team, coach, gm etc have on him. Ferraro and (I think) Button go on and say this is a somewhat the same thing.

Sekeres tweets there are rumblings he could stay in Sweden. Did I miss him tweeting or saying on the radio that he was 100% staying and stirring up that controversy?

He made it a story when there was no story, the only report was that the GM of Vaxjo saying they’d want to keep him for another year which should go without saying.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They had that Mike Zanier reporter on and he was talking about it being a possibility too. Ferraro talked about him being ready or having the confidence to play in North America with all the hype about him.

It wasn't just Sekeres being a drama queen. I mean despite what John Shannon said it's still a possibility until pen hits contract.

It's not like when Aaron ward reported the Iginla trade as a "done deal" sekeres is just pushing information given to him. I just don't think it's really a big thing.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Sekeres has become such a farce. One brutal take after another, just says stuff to be outlandish, it's clear he doesn't even believe most of what he says.

Reactions: bobaloo88

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Who is interviwing michael Dipietro on sporstnet 650 right now ??

Whoever it is they are amaetur. Kept calling Dipietro " my friend " but worse of all he cut of Dipietro mid sentence on multiple occasion. What a garbage station.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018

Whoever it is they are amaetur. Kept calling Dipietro " my friend " but worse of all he cut of Dipietro mid sentence on multiple occasion. What a garbage station.
They are both garbage stations filled with horrible shows and worse hosts.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

I didn't hear it, but the "my friend" habit belongs to Brook Ward.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He made it a story when there was no story, the only report was that the GM of Vaxjo saying they’d want to keep him for another year which should go without saying.

That's his job. Try to run with a story for 3 hours. At least it isn't about him and Price running the marathon. The segment also got attention so he did his job. It's pretty much confirmed that Pettersson hasn't made up his mind yet. This isn't some made up story with zero credibility. Factor in the report on Dahlen not feeling like he is ready and it's certainly something worthy of discussion and debate.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I find Jahnda a lot easier to listen to than Ward. And I should have remembered that Ward is on 1040, not 650.
Janda’s takes are ok it’s his voice that I have a problem with. He talks like he has a mouthful of sand. I guess it could be worse. Rintoul sounds like a creep, Mckletchie and Sekeres sound like cokeheads and that Kurt guy in the morning with Pratt and Jake sounds like his balls just dropped

Reactions: Luckylarry
Feb 24, 2017
Janda’s takes are ok it’s his voice that I have a problem with. He talks like he has a mouthful of sand. I guess it could be worse. Rintoul sounds like a creep, Mckletchie and Sekeres sound like cokeheads and that Kurt guy in the morning with Pratt and Jake sounds like his balls just dropped
What do cokeheads sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad