Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
When did TSN1040 change their website? Now, they have all their radio stations recording in one list after users hit the "load more" button.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
That's his job. Try to run with a story for 3 hours. At least it isn't about him and Price running the marathon. The segment also got attention so he did his job. It's pretty much confirmed that Pettersson hasn't made up his mind yet. This isn't some made up story with zero credibility. Factor in the report on Dahlen not feeling like he is ready and it's certainly something worthy of discussion and debate.
Of those 3 hours, how may minutes of content is actually produced? Take away commercials, product placement reads, intros with sound f/x, talking about what will be coming up, sports updates, inside jokes, banter between the hosts, more jokes with the guests about their zany routines after they are introduced.....12 minutes per hour?

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Of those 3 hours, how may minutes of content is actually produce. Take away commercials, product placement reads, intros with sound f/x, talking about what will be coming up, sports updates,inside jokes, banter between the hosts, more jokes with the guests about their zany routines after they are introduced.....12 minutes per hour?

Sports radio is a dying media. They dance a fine line of advertising which keeps them alive, but not so much that people complain and notice it's taking up actual listening time. If they didn't have so much, it probably wouldn't survive, but it's also whats turning people off from listening.

Especially that Telus ad. Don't use up all the memes dad! ugh.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Of those 3 hours, how may minutes of content is actually produce. Take away commercials, product placement reads, intros with sound f/x, talking about what will be coming up, sports updates,inside jokes, banter between the hosts, more jokes with the guests about their zany routines after they are introduced.....12 minutes per hour?

And when he has a story he can run with it that generates a lot of fan interest like Pettersson may not sign here there's more "content" than usual. Get the point?

Reactions: cabinessence

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I turned on 650 this morning instead of listening to music.

Kenward in regards to questionable moves the Hurricanes have made - Paraphrasing, but he said stuff along the lines of "Jacob Slavin should not be making over 5 million dollars a year. He's not an upper echelon player - he's just an NHL player." "Faulk is their best defenseman"

Noped out of there real quick.

Just going to continue listening to Sekeres and Price in the afternoon and then avoiding all other Vancouver sports radio.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Kenward in regards to questionable moves the Hurricanes have made - Paraphrasing, but he said stuff along the lines of "Jacob Slavin should not be making over 5 million dollars a year. He's not an upper echelon player - he's just an NHL player." "Faulk is their best defenseman"

Just going to continue listening to Sekeres and Price in the afternoon and then avoiding all other Vancouver sports radio.
We don't really have any knowledgeable hockey hosts on either 1040 or 650. It's guys who never really played any sports at the elite level (certainly not hockey) talking about hockey. It's their opinion, or what they hear from others. I would really like to have hosts (at least one of the two guys, who are regular) who were actually hockey players! I like when Dave Tomlinson is on 1040. He's excellent.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

Kenward is a knob. No surprise here. What an absolute farce of a take.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Jesus Christ. What an embarrassingly awful take.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Hahahah.

It's sad because for casual fans who have never heard of Slavin before, that's an actual lasting takeaway they may have.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Botch just said on 1040 people think BenningOnEmpty is a burner twitter account for someone within the front office
:scared::scared: Can someone point me to a link online where I can hear this?? :laugh:

Botchford has acknowledged my strip on Twitter itself plenty of times, of course, but he’s never mentioned it before (so far as I know) in audio, so this is very exciting for me!

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am Ryan Johnson, @vancityluongo, although I would note that I have been using this moniker online since Johnson was a UND student, so there’s that... :laugh:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It was on hour 2 of the Halford and Brough show. It'll show up here soon: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/audio
Thanks a bunch, can’t wait!

And the stated reason was that he seems to have real insight on how things happened inside the front office which is mind-blowing
:laugh: Holy ****, too funny.

Jyrki playing the long con. Joined all the way back in 2004 just so he wouldn't seem suspicious in 2018.
And verifiably lives in Ottawa... it’s the perfect cover! The commute is a massive pain, though.

Reactions: Pavel96

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Hold on...they let Joey Kenward talk on a radio show?

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This whole 76ers Bryan Colangelo thing is even funnier because the hardcore Benning supporters think the idea that any management would ever feed into social media and forums is stupid.

Yet here we are.

More and more clear.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
4nGTJIz.png

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
And the stated reason was that he seems to have real insight on how things happened inside the front office which is mind-blowing

The fact that a seemingly exaggerated comic take on Benning's stupidity could be mistaken for planted inside information because of how accurate it was in terms of how the team actually worked is legitimately the funniest thing I've ever heard. And also the saddest.

Edit : And also great fodder for a meta-strip.

Reactions: ccjon and Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->