Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
IMac says management have done nothing wrong and blames the fans.

He's the worst

I use to really like I mac, but he really has become the worst. The Canucks could trade Bo for Vanek in the offseason for the chance to re-sign him before anyone else and he would find a way to say it was a good move.

I am a Gillis fan but I can admit the mistakes he made on the way or the good move Benning made. If you can't you just lose your entire credibility.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I use to really like I mac, but he really has become the worst. The Canucks could trade Bo for Vanek in the offseason for the chance to re-sign him before anyone else and he would find a way to say it was a good move.

I am a Gillis fan but I can admit the mistakes he made on the way or the good move Benning made. If you can't you just lose your entire credibility.

The guy basically tore gillis apart every time he wrote a column, but since management changed he somehow finds it impossible to criticize a team that finishes last for three straight years.

It is absolutely pathetic.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The guy basically tore gillis apart every time he wrote a column, but since management changed he somehow finds it impossible to criticize a team that finishes last for three straight years.

The only thing I like about it now is I can find out exactly what management is thinking.

Reactions: Pavel96

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
This whole new thing the stations are running now about the Vancouver media being so negative! Who brought up this controversy ad nauseam? Maybe...the media? Again creating their own controversy. It is so frustrating to listen to that I am left with no choice but to turn it off.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018

I've had a couple people tell me He and Sekeras are huge in with Trevor. They get a lot of their material or rumors from Trevor. Can anyone confirm this?

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
All 42 games of his career. I find it funny that once in a while he recalls scoring his first NHL goal, while omitting the fact that it was his first and last.

At least he played, unlike a lot of us here. Honestly how many ex-nhl players are there on this board? I don't like everything he says, but he played in the league. More than I have ever done.

Reactions: bobaloo88

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I've had a couple people tell me He and Sekeras are huge in with Trevor. They get a lot of their material or rumors from Trevor. Can anyone confirm this?

Seems incredibly likely.

He was talking about linden for president long before it was even reported. I posted the link before.

Edit: talking about iMac. No clue about Sekeras.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
At least he played, unlike a lot of us here. Honestly how many ex-nhl players are there on this board? I don't like everything he says, but he played in the league. More than I have ever done.
Milbury had a more than respectable NHL career (over 750 games). I might still hold your opinion on hockey matters higher than his.:)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I ragged on Gilman being boring when he was first on the radio, but he's been must-listen lately. Great stuff today about his regime's issues with drafting in the WHL and how they overvalued the Q.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

Imac is 100% in with Linden/the Canucks. Every article he writes supports their movement and is usually painful to read. That article on how a Gudbranson deal for picks would have been bad was awful to read and was clearly a "pass the message" type article.

Sekeres 100% has a source with the Canucks, but I also think they've gotten more negative towards the team in the last year and I can't see him being close to Linden. There was also rumors of the Canucks trying to get 1040 to tone down their attitude against the team if I remember correctly.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It just shows his laziness. To not do any research in the last 20 hours on motte.

I think I actually agreed with Pratt's side, he just isn't knowledgeable enough to win that debate with Tomlinson.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
I think I actually agreed with Pratt's side, he just isn't knowledgeable enough to win that debate with Tomlinson.
I am not sure how anyone could agree with Pratt's side, if his side was get anything for Vanek. They got something and he says they got nothing. However, I can understand taking Pratt's side if you meant you wanted picks.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Just have to say how much I appreciate reading Jason Botchford. The Provies is the best read in Vancouver.

He is the guy who has got our back. He is the guy who gets it and tells it like it is.

Unlike the other Vancouver media shills who never ask or bring up the hard questions. I also have time for JPat.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Agreed. Botch is the only writer I read these days. I use to read Imac's work but have no time for his garbage anymore. Botchford isn't perfect but at least he tells it like it is.

Reactions: bobaloo88

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yeah the provies are must-read this morning, if only for this section.

I’ve seen media, like A&W for example, throw up hands in disbelief. He doesn’t understand the reaction this week in Van.
Why did fans build this particular TDL into some potentially organization-altering watershed moment?
Uh, that’s not what happened.
The reaction this week, in general, was a culmination of emotions which trace back all the way to 2014.
The reactions were, in part, because messages from the font office back then still echo to this day.
Their talk about how they were going to win and were impatient to do it:
screen-shot-2018-02-28-at-4-02-25-pm.png

The talk about turning the team around quickly:
screen-shot-2018-02-28-at-4-05-02-pm.png

The anti-rebuild talk:
screen-shot-2018-02-28-at-4-05-12-pm.png

It took until April, 2017 for the Canucks to say the word “rebuild.”
If you weren’t here, you may not got it.
It took three years for the org to publicly get to a point many fans wanted them to be at on Day 1 of the Linden and Benning era.
Their harshest critics, buoyed by a successful ’17 TDL were intrigued enough to think:
Maybe things will be different.
Maybe now, the Canucks would do, you know, rebuild moves,.
They hoped.
They waited.
At this TDL, dismiss it all you want, there were players to trade.
One of the biggest, most coveted and most expendable was Guddy. It was sitting right there. A hanging curveball.
But the team chose to extend him, and those who always defend the team said “Meh, cap space doesn’t matter and maybe he’ll be a matchup guy one day.”
When it was over, many lost hope.
Things they feared would not change.
And that right there is why you got the outpouring you did this week.

Not because they didn’t get a third for Vanek.

Whether you agree or not, whether you support Benning as GM or not, it is important to understand that this is where most of us are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad