2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Wow, Biz destroying Marner during Intermission. Toronto fans must be roasting him.
Marner was really bad. Odd thing though is that once Matthews was out of the game he played better. Go figure....

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Didn't Marner score a goal that game? Something's gotta happen in TO to set that team right. They got jettison someone out, Tavares is not the type of captain that can fix that locker room.
A meaningless goal

Here's the full Rosehill rant for 13 minutes; we might over-do the bitching and moaning but, OMG, thank God I'm not a Leafs fan!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
A meaningless goal

Here's the full Rosehill rant for 13 minutes; we might over-do the bitching and moaning but, OMG, thank God I'm not a Leafs fan!

Don’t these people have jobs or family or anything else they should be spending time on instead of 13 minute useless rants?

Reactions: Throttle

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Don’t these people have jobs or family or anything else they should be spending time on instead of 13 minute useless rants?

Useless? Quite entertaining to me.

The Leafs are the Yankees of Canada; I read that there are THIRTY beat writers and of course all the Cable coverage on top of that. I don't have to say what would it be like if the Yankees went 57 years since their last World Series title. It's really an underappreciated phenomenon in the U.S. what the Leafs are to Canada.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
All those Brock Boeser haters here need to give him props . . . too slow, overrated, on the decline . . . 40 Goals in the regular season and 4 in 4 games in the playoffs, including last night's hat trick. Yep, he sucks . . .

2023-24 General​

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/stats/_/id/3899979/brock-boeser
STATS
Regular Season
Postseason

GPGAPTS+/-PIMSPPGPPASHGSHAGWGTOI/GPROD
81403373231420416900418:3620:38
441522111000120:3316:26

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Pelech, Pageau, Lee and Nelson for Tavares and Marner, and that's my final offer. :sarcasm:
Meet the new King of Toronto, Double Chili!!!!

Run it by Aryne first . . . she makes the call in the Tavares household. They have three kids already . . . didn't think he had it in him. All the playoff scoring is in the other stick!

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Meet the new King of Toronto, Double Chili!!!!

Run it by Aryne first . . . she makes the call in the Tavares household. They have three kids already . . . didn’t think he had it in him. All the playoff scoring is in the other stick!
Rumor has it the kids have wispy mustaches and light up when they see Uncle Auston. Hmmm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Big L

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

The Leafs are the Yankees of Canada; I read that there are THIRTY beat writers and of course all the Cable coverage on top of that. I don't have to say what would it be like if the Yankees went 57 years since their last World Series title. It's really an underappreciated phenomenon in the U.S. what the Leafs are to Canada.
I spent a bit of time in Toronto on biz. It was amazing to me that even when hockey season was over the Leafs were always the first sports story each day.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

At a minimum, all the nonsense makes Thursdays game must see TV

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
If let's say JT finishes out his contract in Toronto next season and resigns elsewhere, I wonder if he gets booed upon return. If the answer to that question is yes, how many borderline HOF'ers can say they played on two teams and somehow both fanbases would boo, amazing stuff.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If let's say JT finishes out his contract in Toronto next season and resigns elsewhere, I wonder if he gets booed upon return. If the answer to that question is yes, how many borderline HOF'ers can say they played on two teams and somehow both fanbases would boo, amazing stuff.
It would be even more amazing if the mayor of the city of the new team he plays for declares John Tavares day after het gets booed in Toronto.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Didn't Marner score a goal that game? Something's gotta happen in TO to set that team right. They got jettison someone out, Tavares is not the type of captain that can fix that locker room.

His goal was kinda epic.

But I cant deny that I giggled a lot when watching that video of Nylander " stop f***ing crying bro, this ain’t the juniors."

If it was any other team -- or maybe even that team -- with no camera on them -- it would be nothing.

But man thats embarrasing for Marner -- getting called out by a teammate on National TV,.. while playing for Toronto,,, in the playoffs..

LOL

Jerry - "Thats a shame"

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
His goal was kinda epic.

But I cant deny that I giggled a lot when watching that video of Nylander " stop f***ing crying bro, this ain’t the juniors."

If it was any other team -- or maybe even that team -- with no camera on them -- it would be nothing.

But man thats embarrasing for Marner -- getting called out by a teammate on National TV,.. while playing for Toronto,,, in the playoffs..

LOL

Jerry - "Thats a shame"

Nylander is soft AF too so the optics are even worse. A marshmallow calling out someone else for being soft and it was warranted... haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad