Raptors Discussion: V63 Round 3! First conf. finals in franchise history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, that was special.

I'm still waiting for our entire team to show up in the same game in these playoffs though. Last night, Demar, Kyle, and Biz made the difference but our bench got destroyed by their reserves, which is inexcusable.

Even with our injuries, if we could just get one solid game throughout the lineup I think we beat Miami with ease.

If we advance, we will have to be firing on all cylinders against Cleveland just to keep it close.

It all depends on JV. If he comes back, anything's possible - you never know which Raptor team shows up on any given night, if the good team shows up more often than not then yes, we have a shot. Without JV though, forget about it.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah it's hard to argue with that, it's all true but I'm still feeling unfulfilled, maybe my standards are too high? Winning is great. But the way we're winning/playing is still embarrassing at times.

Live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot. They were falling last night, great. Can't miss 'em all I guess. Still not impressed with DD, love Biyombo though. :yo:

Just enjoy the ride. This team is good. They play like complete idiots at times but they're our idiots and winning 56 games and 1 win away from the conference finals is massive. If you expect them to beat Cleveland I would agree that your standards are too high. Nobody expected this team to make the finals. Our max potential in my opinion is the conference finals and we're 1 win away.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just enjoy the ride. This team is good. They play like complete idiots at times but they're our idiots and winning 56 games and 1 win away from the conference finals is massive. If you expect them to beat Cleveland I would agree that your standards are too high. Nobody expected this team to make the finals. Our max potential in my opinion is the conference finals and we're 1 win away.

I hope they just finish them once and for all tomorrow. I am so sick of game 7s! Especially when you had a chance to close a team out earlier. Can we catch a break here? Just once, please!

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Any word on Carroll's injury? Really hope the guy isn't out long .. we need him to guard Wade and ESPECIALLY to guard Lebron

Doubt you'll be seeing him back anytime soon. I'm guessing done for the year. The way he stayed down for an arm injury and how he was holding it on the way off the court said a lot. Too bad for DC. I couldn't believe they give him an offensive foul on that play too. Dragic slid under him late - almost to the point of undercutting - and it was definitely a foul on the D or a no call at worst.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah you're right, that's a good way of putting it too. :laugh:

PS I never expected them to beat Cleveland even with everyone healthy. I would say I considered it possible but unlikely that they beat Cleveland, I would be happy if they put up a good fight and at least made them sweat a little. Honestly though, without JV I can't even complain if they get swept by them, I agree with you that our max potential (without JV) is the conference finals.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I hope they just finish them once and for all tomorrow. I am so sick of game 7s! Especially when you had a chance to close a team out earlier. Can we catch a break here? Just once, please!

Seriously. No Toronto sports team has won a series in less than the maximum number of games (5 for the Jays last year, 7 for all others) in 15 ****ing years with the Leafs sweeping the Sens.

I mean, that's just pathetic.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Geesh golden state just toys with you for 3 quarters ....then just turn it up lol. Nobody will touch them in the remaining playoffs IMO.

As a basketball fan I think it'll be great to watch a GS/Cleveland final. If both teams stay healthy and keep playing like they have been, it could be one of the great finals in recent memory between two of the greatest players of this generation.

The Cavs have been a far better team after some time to adjust with a new coach. Lue has done a great job turning up the tempo in their offense and guys like Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert and JR Smith playing great to compliment LeBron and Kyrie. LeBron almost single handedly won it last year, it'll be interesting to see what happens when he's got some help.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
doubt you'll be seeing him back anytime soon. I'm guessing done for the year. The way he stayed down for an arm injury and how he was holding it on the way off the court said a lot. Too bad for dc. I couldn't believe they give him an offensive foul on that play too. Dragic slid under him late - almost to the point of undercutting - and it was definitely a foul on the d or a no call at worst.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
As a basketball fan I think it'll be great to watch a GS/Cleveland final. If both teams stay healthy and keep playing like they have been, it could be one of the great finals in recent memory between two of the greatest players of this generation.

The Cavs have been a far better team after some time to adjust with a new coach. Lue has done a great job turning up the tempo in their offense and guys like Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert and JR Smith playing great to compliment LeBron and Kyrie. LeBron almost single handedly won it last year, it'll be interesting to see what happens when he's got some help.

Yes this could be a great series! I wouldn't count out SA os OKC just yet thought. And as a fan, I'm looking forward to tonight's OKC-SA game, they've been playing some quality ball. :)

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
the goal was to get to the Conference Finals and they're 1 win away. Whatever else happens is just gravy. Can't think of one person putting the Raptors into the NBA Finals. If we win on Friday or Sunday this will be a successful season. Especially with JV missing the last 3 games. If you would've told me at the beginning of the year that the Raptors would win 56 games and get to the Conference Finals you bet I would've taken that.

coach pops did.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Otoh, okc's coach, while on ESPN, was asked who he had going to the Finals, heat or Raps. He said heat. Asked why: because they have a lot of guys that hit key shots like Dwayne wade and....others."

Rolled my eyes at that, couldn't even mention dragic for one (for the other everyone else sucks).

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Otoh, okc's coach, while on ESPN, was asked who he had going to the Finals, heat or Raps. He said heat. Asked why: because they have a lot of guys that hit key shots like Dwayne wade and....others."

Rolled my eyes at that, couldn't even mention dragic for one (for the other everyone else sucks).

Yeah, if it wasn't for Wade, this series would have been over in 4 games, even with our team playing like crap at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln