Raptors Discussion: V63 Round 3! First conf. finals in franchise history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't if Derozan is going to sign with the Raptors and on the hand I don't think if Raptors would be will to give him a max contract

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't if Derozan is going to sign with the Raptors and on the hand I don't think if Raptors would be will to give him a max contract

The Raptors aren't exactly in the best cap situation either so do they really want to give DeRozan a max contract and then have to make changes to fit his number in? I don't think so. I can realistically see a sign and trade happening with the Lakers. The Lakers have a boat load of money to throw at any decent free agent (and they are desperate for any type of talent) plus DD is from Compton so he's from the area. Seems like a match made in heaven. Plus we all know he wants to be Kobe v.2 with the way he chucks up tough jump shots with a hand in his face/fadeaways from 20 ft out.

Also if we give DD a max deal, Biyombo is out the door cause we'll have zero chance of signing him. I'd rather give Biyombo 10+ mil and have some sort of flexibility with the cap then to completely strap ourselves with a max contract.

The Ross contract really sucks for us cause even cutting it down to 6-7 million gives us 3-4 mil to play with. 10 mil for a bench player is kind of ridiculous. I think if we have any ideas of signing both Biyombo and DD Ross will have to be moved for sure.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It would be one thing if he was taking those shots at the end of the shot clock when we couldn't get a better look. He actually hunts down those shots which is what makes everything so frustrating.

Hopefully he attacks today. I can live with him getting into the lane and missing a bunch of floaters because that will allow our bigs to own the offensive glass. Much harder to get a rebound off a missed jump shot.

Exactly. When he gets the ball with 10-15 seconds on the shot clock, dribbles around with his head down and then tosses up a fade away jumper from far away I just want to slap him. :help:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Exactly. When he gets the ball with 10-15 seconds on the shot clock, dribbles around with his head down and then tosses up a fade away jumper from far away I just want to slap him. :help:

And if he dribbles with his head up, well there goes any sort of ball possession.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
And if he dribbles with his head up, well there goes any sort of ball possession.

LOL! Never seen a guy bounce the ball off his leg/thigh/foot so often as he does. He's just not suited to be handling the ball late in quarters or games. I really don't get the stubbornness of Casey of letting it happen all the time. Put the ball in Lowry/Cujo's hands and have DeMar strictly as a catch and shoot option in those situations. Also this brings me to a major point/rant. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE PLEASE AVOID GIVING UP RUNS LATE IN QUARTERS!! OMG the level failure of this team before the half in game 5 was extremely high.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

3 way sign and trade with the Hawks and Lakers. I'll take Al Horford on a max deal. Send Derozan to LA and the Knicks/Nuggets pick to Atl as well as another piece from the Lakers.

Something like that would be ideal although highly unlikely.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
3 way sign and trade with the Hawks and Lakers. I'll take Al Horford on a max deal. Send Derozan to LA and the Knicks/Nuggets pick to Atl as well as another piece from the Lakers.

Something like that would be ideal although highly unlikely.

Lowry - Ross - Carroll - Horford - JV

Not too bad.

Also wouldn't mind trading DD for a young shooting guard and signing Harrison Barnes

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
No arena announcer in the NBA is more annoying than the Heats
Dude needs to ****

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Let's end this tonight I don't wanna see these annoying ****s ever again lego baby

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
so sloppy

Miami isn't playing well either, 3/10 isn't good enough. PP should be hitting that open three.

We are so lucky Joe Johnson and Dragic didn't hit wide open 3s.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
hey guys look!!!! it's Kobe-wannabe early and often tonight. JUMP SHOT-BRICK, JUMP SHOT-BRICK, JUMP SHOT-BRICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00