Raptors Discussion: V63 Round 3! First conf. finals in franchise history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
What a game. Biz, DD, Kyle were great. Shouldn't really have been that close given a 20 point lead, but a win's a win. Those horrendous pro-Wade calls and some whiny US media make this even sweeter. Finish the job on Friday!

Pete Dunham

Nov 8, 2015
What a game by Bismack Biyombo. He was the difference maker on the defensive end. That alley oop, block on wade, dunk sequence was the best thing I've seen.

You can't beat the Heat by 20. They are a well coached team and they got Wade, Joe Johnson, and Deng. Veteran presence goes a long way in the league.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Geesh golden state just toys with you for 3 quarters ....then just turn it up lol. Nobody will touch them in the remaining playoffs IMO.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
When Tony Brothers called that phantom foul for Wade I was absolutely gonna snap

He made it a 1 point game at that point and who knows what could have happened. Lowry hit 2 HUGE shots at the end. Finally he delivers

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Also that sequence with Biyombo had the ACC rocking it was beautiful basketball

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
It is so hilarious reading your opinion about Dragic and opinion on Slovenian sport sites. They think that refs don't blow a whistle for fouls on Dragic, and you think he is the dirtiest player in the game. And I have to agree with you, he gets mad and starts playing dirty, when he is pissed that refs are not giving him fouls that are done on him.

And good for Raps to win, I wish them Conference finals. But I doubt they have much chance in there, especially now that JV is missing, he would be only advantage for Raps.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
If we don't have Carroll on defence for game 6 I think we might lose a tight one. Then take it in 7 imo. Don't think they can handle us at the ACC.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It is so hilarious reading your opinion about Dragic and opinion on Slovenian sport sites. They think that refs don't blow a whistle for fouls on Dragic, and you think he is the dirtiest player in the game. And I have to agree with you, he gets mad and starts playing dirty, when he is pissed that refs are not giving him fouls that are done on him.

And good for Raps to win, I wish them Conference finals. But I doubt they have much chance in there, especially now that JV is missing, he would be only advantage for Raps.

the goal was to get to the Conference Finals and they're 1 win away. Whatever else happens is just gravy. Can't think of one person putting the Raptors into the NBA Finals. If we win on Friday or Sunday this will be a successful season. Especially with JV missing the last 3 games. If you would've told me at the beginning of the year that the Raptors would win 56 games and get to the Conference Finals you bet I would've taken that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough to beat the refs and the Heat but the Raptors held strong last night. Get it done in Game 6!

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

I think the main thing is he tried to initiate contact when he drives and the refs just aren't calling that for anyone (outside of Wade). I really don't like seeing the elbow and fist swings - that's completely unnecessary.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
the goal was to get to the Conference Finals and they're 1 win away. Whatever else happens is just gravy. Can't think of one person putting the Raptors into the NBA Finals. If we win on Friday or Sunday this will be a successful season. Especially with JV missing the last 3 games. If you would've told me at the beginning of the year that the Raptors would win 56 games and get to the Conference Finals you bet I would've taken that.

Yeah it's hard to argue with that, it's all true but I'm still feeling unfulfilled, maybe my standards are too high? Winning is great. But the way we're winning/playing is still embarrassing at times.

Live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot. They were falling last night, great. Can't miss 'em all I guess. Still not impressed with DD, love Biyombo though. :yo:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

No matter what happens at least we got this sequence.

Yeah, that was special.

I'm still waiting for our entire team to show up in the same game in these playoffs though. Last night, Demar, Kyle, and Biz made the difference but our bench got destroyed by their reserves, which is inexcusable.

Even with our injuries, if we could just get one solid game throughout the lineup I think we beat Miami with ease.

If we advance, we will have to be firing on all cylinders against Cleveland just to keep it close.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Any word on Carroll's injury? Really hope the guy isn't out long .. we need him to guard Wade and ESPECIALLY to guard Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->