Useless Thread MDCCCLVIII : VKM Depreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
WWE desperately trying to stay relevant by signing non-wrestlers.

What happened to Casey Catanzaro? She slept her way to the top of American Ninja Warrior, then came to the WWE, started dating Ricochet, and went f***ing nowhere because she's not a wrestler.

Sep 19, 2008
WWE desperately trying to stay relevant by signing non-wrestlers.

What happened to Casey Catanzaro? She slept her way to the top of American Ninja Warrior, then came to the WWE, started dating Ricochet, and went f***ing nowhere because she's not a wrestler.
the bret hart rant you can't see because you blocked instagram outlines perfectly what's wrong with wwe today

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
the bret hart rant you can't see because you blocked instagram outlines perfectly what's wrong with wwe today

I don't need to hear Bret Hart ranting to see the plainly obvious problems with the WWE today.

No natural babyfaces.

Wins and losses don't matter.

Storylines go nowhere and make no sense.

They book like they're trying to spite the fans.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't need to hear Bret Hart ranting to see the plainly obvious problems with the WWE today.

No natural babyfaces.

Wins and losses don't matter.

Storylines go nowhere and make no sense.

They book like they're trying to spite the fans.
"It's all more about the glitz, the introduction and going out to the ring and going on a ramp, lights and fireworks. All that's great and I love all that stuff too and it's almost like a different world than the wrestling that my dad used to put on.

It was very black and white in the sense it was just good guys and bad guys. I just think the old kind of wrestling is sorely missed by a lot of people. It's like, you know, if the old wrestling was around, like my dad's wrestling, we'd come see it kind of thing.

I'm trying to advise my son Dallas and help him deliver the kind of wrestling show that I would enjoy watching more, you know, where the wrestler actually knows what a headlock is rather than sort of doing this scripted ballet of leaping and twirling and dancing around like a bunch of ballet dancers.

I don't really enjoy today's wrestling for those reasons. They've lost a lot of steps towards the reality or credibility of wrestling.

Wrestling always, in my opinion, needs to pretend to be real. It needs to pretend really hard to be real, always has pretended really hard almost to the point that you believe it is real. I think wrestling is so far-fetched today.

When I think of WWE, for example, and I see 20 wrestlers crowd together outside on the floor of the ring and some guy runs over and dives over the top rope and knocks them all down like bowling pins, I really roll my eyes at how pathetic wrestling is today.

From top to bottom, all the top wrestlers and all the middle and bottom wrestlers in WWE and AEW all slapping on their legs on every punch and every slap, it's to the point now where I can't watch wrestling today.

Sadly, it's getting too phony. I really question the direction that the people that are in charge."

- Bret Hart on HN Live

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"Wrestling always, in my opinion, needs to pretend to be real. It needs to pretend really hard to be real, always has pretended really hard almost to the point that you believe it is real. I think wrestling is so far-fetched today."

While I agree with his general argument, this is where I really disagree with him.

The entire show can't be serious and realistic otherwise those moments would become less special. That's literally what the undercard is for, less serious characters and matches to break up the monotony.

No one would have given a shit about CM Punk's pipebomb if it was the 7th shoot promo on that episode of Raw.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
The most successful wrestlers of all time have more in common with Hulk Hogan than Bret Hart.

However, the best wrestlers of all time have more in common with Bret than Hulk.

While Bret has a point, wrestling is a business and the point of any business is to make money.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Only knowing her from American Ninja Warrior, she seemed like a shameless fame-chaser.

She's talented, but it always felt like she was just using Ninja Warrior as a stepping stone to something bigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad