GDT: USA vs. Finland, Jan. 4th, Semi-Final; 1:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm local

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This. If sweden can play like they played against Canada, then USA is gonna really really hard game.

Problem is that Sweden has all the pressure and they have lost quite bit these finals in U20.

I think any combination of the four semi-finalists would have led to good games so I’m pleased regardless of the outcomes.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Nobody in this thread wants to talk about Canada’s choke job right now
Maybe you should run for white house... You speak for everyone?

I did not talk abotu Canada, I spoke about Bonk ONLY in case you missed it.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
The better team won, don’t think there is any doubt about that. Refs were bad all tournament and for most part all the teams suffered from it equally.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
More hockey is always fun.

It’s always sort of tongue-in-cheek.

I like seeing smaller countries compete for that bronze because it means a lot to them and their hockey programmes.
Oh yeah, it's a big game for them, really meaningful. And older generations in Finland remember well the time when medals were not routine for us either.

Reactions: SantosHalper

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh yeah, it's a big game for them, really meaningful. And older generations in Finland remember well the time when medals were not routine for us either.

I wasn’t actually thinking of Finland as I think you’ve graduated out of that. ;)

Thinking more of Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland.

But it’s a good experience for the kids and that’s what this tournament is all about.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Finns will get drunk and talk about winning the winter war - tomorrow they will have forgotten about this tournament anyhow ...

• Haha
Reactions: SantosHalper

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I wasn’t actually thinking of Finland as I think you’ve graduated out of that. ;)
Oh, I realized that - these days bronzes are bit of "laiha lohtu", thin or meagre comfort and not that meaningful any longer. But still it would be fun to beat the Czechs, and it would also be pretty fine to see them medal also... Hoping for a good game!

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh, I realized that - these days bronzes are bit of "laiha lohtu", thin or meagre comfort and not that meaningful any longer. But still it would be fun to beat the Czechs, and it would also be pretty fine to see them medal also... Hoping for a good game!

For sure.

Losing the bronze really does suck because you have to lose two in a row.

Better to be in the winning side.

Reactions: llwyd

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Great game by the Finns.

They almost had their game plan work

Johnston said they were gonna depend on their checking ability, get a and early lead and attempt to drag it out with defense , and at worst get it to OT which is more of a toss up.

2 minutes too late

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad