GDT: USA vs. Finland, Jan. 4th, Semi-Final; 1:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm local

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good luck to the boys. You gotta beat every team in your way to win and this is the next one.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
anyboty a feel afraid for paid homerreferee. i still remember with plenty anger early 90s homegames @swedenland they buy referee and whole event party for team sweden . they playd games 5 on 4 whole games. included in deal was personal records to their favourite players. they not feel shame for this. still they not winning event. and that is great great shame my friend. obvious here something a going on. yesterday dance team sweden cheating in over winning swissteam. they putting swiss players to penaltybox til they win. no penalty but still penalty. horribull

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who ever is Finland's goalie he basically needs to stand on his head if we wanna win.
Kokko hasn't impressed me and Vali was OK vs Sweden despite allowing 1 soft goal ( Sweden's 4th ).

If i remember correctly in Plymouth U20 WJSS tournament Finland won USA.
And Vali was a starting goalie in that game so i would go Vali in USA semifinal
but our coach is from Jääli and former Kärpät coach so it is Kokko who's gonna play.

I don't start predict any final score results but i say USA wins

Reactions: hn777 and illone84

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Who ever is Finland's goalie he basically needs to stand on his head if we wanna win.
Kokko hasn't impressed me and Vali was OK vs Sweden despite allowing 1 soft goal ( Sweden's 4th ).

And Vali was a starting goalie in that game so i would go Vali in USA semifinal
but our coach is from Jääli and former Kärpät coach so it is Kokko who's gonna play.

I don't start predict any final score results but i say USA wins
Interesting thinking about Summer Showcase. Kokko beat us twice; we beat Vali once. Not sure it matters much,but kind of interesting I guess

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
anyboty a feel afraid for paid homerreferee. i still remember with plenty anger early 90s homegames @swedenland they buy referee and whole event party for team sweden . they playd games 5 on 4 whole games. included in deal was personal records to their favourite players. they not feel shame for this. still they not winning event. and that is great great shame my friend. obvious here something a going on. yesterday dance team sweden cheating in over winning swissteam. they putting swiss players to penaltybox til they win. no penalty but still penalty. horribull

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

No.

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
It's worth keeping in mind that the US was in that tournament with a split squad, USA Blue, and USA White. Now they have the best of both worlds.

I don't think this will be a rout, but I definitely think the US have too much firepower. We have yet to even see them with everybody rolling on the same day.

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
The US did have some defensive lapses in the Latvia game and we had a bunch of breakaways.

Finland can play a similar game, just at a higher level and I can see an opening for Finland here.

The US are still the favorites, though.

Reactions: hn777

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
USA has 10 first rounders. Finland has 0.
Finland's defense is very weak and goaltending shaky.
USA has a lof of offensive talent.
Easy win for USA. 7-2

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
USA has 10 first rounders. Finland has 0.
Finland's defense is very weak and goaltending shaky.
USA has a lof of offensive talent.
Easy win for USA. 7-2
Finland has 5 second rounders (Halttunen could have been picked at first round) and 4 third rounders. Also two upcoming first rounders.
Yeah the defense is bad on paper but not that special on USA's side either.
USA do have bunch of first rounders in offense.
Finns are having a strong season also among undrafted players and they all play against adults.
Finland is at its' best on tough spots if it is a one goal game.
Sure USA is a clear favorite but there's a lot of nuance to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00