GDT: USA vs. Finland, Jan. 4th, Semi-Final; 1:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm local

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well good game, wasnt about refs even tho they took some role, uncalled highsticks while i didint like the acting about it but still uncalled. US was better but not so much that we couldn't have stolen the victory from them, smallish margnins.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Refs blatantly gave us a powerplay to make sure we wouldn't score.
Who knew that passing the puck back and forth for 1 minute with no shots would not lead into a good outcome.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I just don't understand how bad we're always in 2nd period. It kind of killed us again..

Guys like Hämeenaho and Nyman should've stepped up..

USA was today better. Superior in PP.
Yeah, I seem to remember we had other really bad 2nd periods too. Anyway, we kept it even and it could have gone either way, but they clearly were the dominating team.

Having seen both matches, I kind of think Sweden is a slight favourite tomorrow - though now through to the final the USA might be little more direct and efficient tomorrow. Will be a very interesting match!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can't finish lower than silver. Nice

Silver???? Eww.

1704402689344.gif

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What brutal officiating. About 7 uncalled high sticks and then 2 calls on nothing plays in the final moments. Good battle despite all that, hopefully it's better tomorrow.
I don't care jack-shit about some f***ing Bronze game.
The Bronze medals should share both Semifinal losing teams after the semifinal games.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
This type of reffing man. Missing so many calls both ways then calls one wrongly, that leads to a goal. Then tries to compensate for it and can't even make a simple (non)icing call. Swedish refs in Sweden and this Swede doesn't like it.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think USA are the favorites tomorrow against Sweden. Too many weapons on that team.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I don't care jack-shit about some f***ing Bronze game.
The Bronze medals should share both Semifinal losing teams after the semifinal games.
A very North American attitude, and of course here younger generations do imitate it - often those games can be very entertaining and something is better than nothing. I'm not hugely excited about bronze matches but they can be fun :)

Reactions: PWiz30 and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A very North American attitude, and of course here younger generations do imitate it - often those games can be very entertaining and something is better than nothing. I'm not hugely excited about bronze matches but they can be fun :)

More hockey is always fun.

It’s always sort of tongue-in-cheek.

I like seeing smaller countries compete for that bronze because it means a lot to them and their hockey programmes.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What a f*** happened after the 1st period.
40 minutes absolute horse-shit without any goals with 2 idiotic penalties.

And that f***ing prancie Mikkola has not balls to keep any discipline into team.
I'm so f***ing done with this tournament i don't care anymore who's gonna win Bronze tomorrow.

Mikkola can grew a balls and prove that you're not nobody coach.
You're not proved nothing yet so do better job otherwise your rumored extension is a total mistake.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Issue is USA defense is very bad and Sweden has way more offensive firepower. It’ll depend a lot on Augustine.

This. If sweden can play like they played against Canada, then USA is gonna really really hard game.

Problem is that Sweden has all the pressure and they have lost quite bit these finals in U20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad