Olympics: USA Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
That's kinda some weird roster choices. Doesn't really make sense to me at all. I have extremely low expectation but I'd at least like to think USA hockey made the best of what they were given. Just give me a young skilled team.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
I'm willing to bet this is the final roster. Nothing on Twitter could possibly be inaccurate. I just hope nothing happens to Zaploski, otherwise it'll be hard to win games without an empty net.

BOS358

Jul 20, 2017
Boston
He liked that tweet mainly because it was another bum-kissing tweet from a self-professed authority on all things hockey.

EDIT: Not to say Gaudette isn't a great player (he is, no question.) It is more just a "take that writer with a grain of salt" thing. He pretends to be an authority on all things hockey when he's really just another blogger, and one with a big head at that.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He liked that tweet mainly because it was another bum-kissing tweet from a self-professed authority on all things hockey.

EDIT: Not to say Gaudette isn't a great player (he is, no question.) It is more just a "take that writer with a grain of salt" thing. He pretends to be an authority on all things hockey when he's really just another blogger, and one with a big head at that.

Maybe, maybe not. Don’t take that roster as a sure thing by any means. I’m not sure if you’re slagging on Jeff Cox (tweet liked by Gaudette) or John Hoven (alleged roster), but it would be completely fitting for the roster of this third-rate Olympic tournament to be scooped by a blogger.

BOS358

Jul 20, 2017
Boston
A little of both. Hoven's "roster" was obviously incomplete, as it's not legal to only have one goalie on the roster, and it's a bit of a dig at every writer who wants to scoop the big story via Twatter without any concern over accuracy.

As for Jeff Cox, well, my opinion of him cannot be disclosed in polite society. I've dealt with way too many of his type to take him seriously.

As for the US Olympic Team itself, I'm willing to wait until the roster is announced before crapping all over it. I haven't seen a bigger group of antiheroes in my life, and we're still two days away from finding out the team that most Americans seem to have preemptively written off.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
No mention of Steve Moses here. He is back in the KHL. Could be a good player in big ice tournament.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I think he was referring to Travis Morin, who will be on the team I think. Chris Bourque is on a straight AHL deal. I was surprised Kristo wasn't on the Deutschland Cup roster, not sure why he was excluded. I have a sneaking suspicion we will see more NCAA guys, Daniel Brickley and Ryan Donato for instance.

I will be excited to see Donaato. He has really turned it up a notch over the past two years. I would put Ryan and Bourque together with a big wing. Could be a very good line.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USAH already posted the roster: 2018 MOLY Roster

A little of both. Hoven's "roster" was obviously incomplete, as it's not legal to only have one goalie on the roster, and it's a bit of a dig at every writer who wants to scoop the big story via Twatter without any concern over accuracy.

As for Jeff Cox, well, my opinion of him cannot be disclosed in polite society. I've dealt with way too many of his type to take him seriously.

As for the US Olympic Team itself, I'm willing to wait until the roster is announced before crapping all over it. I haven't seen a bigger group of antiheroes in my life, and we're still two days away from finding out the team that most Americans seem to have preemptively written off.

@MayorNHL was 100% accurate in his report.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Troy Terry and Ryan Donato are easily the best decisions USA Hockey made for this roster

Reactions: Xokkeu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad