NESN UPDATE - NESN’s Jack Edwards announces retirement

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Wont be the same without him. Enjoyed his love for the Bruins during that 2011 cup run. Wouldn’t have been as fun without him.

I really hope the next pbp has a personality and isn’t dry and boring

I already miss him and hope to run into him and buy him a beer someday

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Bittersweet day. I was 12 when he took over the PBP gig full time and will always be the voice of the Bruins to me but as the days have gone on its become more and more clear that his best days are far behind him. Big shoes to fill for whomever gets picked for the spot next whether its Faust or someone else, I don't think Jack in his prime will ever be topped. Enjoy Retirement!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Knew it was coming but it hits different seeing it. He’s broadcasted so many incredible memories for so many people.

Very well deserved retirement. If ever gets bored, I’d love to see him in a guest role in some capacity. Think he could still do really well in pre/post/intermission segments. I’m sure we’ll hear him again, but hope he takes some time to relax and enjoy life.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Underneath all of the "over the top" things Jack would say, Jack was a damn good PbP guy before his decline. It doesn't get said enough.

He was the voice of the Bruins' "return to relevance" in 2008 and was damn good at capturing some great moments over the years, obviously including some great playoff runs.

All the best to him. I've never been one to shy away from complaining about him when he goes over the top, but I will miss his call.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Voice of my childhood, took over full time as the bruins announcer when I was like 9. Will always have love him and his eccentricities. But it was time, and I'm happy that even jack seemed to recognize that. Hope he has a healthy and happy retirement and knows that Bruins fans love him.

Also if NESN wants to give him a segment during their studio show akin to coaches corner where he can rant to his hearts content, I would not be opposed to that. He clearly still has the passion, just can't quite keep up with the pace of play anymore.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Man, Pat Maroon gets into a game and Jack retires.

I kid.

All the best to Jack in his next steps. Best wishes for a long, happy, healthy retirement with his loved ones. Thanks for the memories (and awesome cameo for our wedding from our STH crew, before cameo was actually a thing back in 2014)

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
1wrzzmg.gif

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
During my college years I was a freelance journalist covering the Bruins for a bunch of magazines.

Had the opportunity to talk to Jack a few times after a practices and he was so kind and generous with his time.

Regardless of how you feel about him he loved this team, and the game.

I hope he enjoys his retirement. Thank you for the memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad