GDT: UFC 295: Prochazka vs. Pereira

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Very clear path to victory for Jiri... Let's see if he swallows his pride and takes it or if he tries to stand with Alex and test his power/warrior spirit against being slowly picked apart.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think defending an interim belt is the dumbest thing ever. If you have time to win the belt and then defend the belt, then that's the real belt.

It's just the reality though with long-term injuries.

Reactions: Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I actually think the stoppage was fine. He was out and then woke back up I think - you can see his hands drop and go limp.

I always like seeing definite finishes though, so you gotta let it play out.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
That's so disappointing especially for the type of buildup this fight had. Two of the ultimate warriors in the sport and Goddard blows it dead while Jiri is pulling guard. Sorry but that's just horrible.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I actually think the stoppage was fine. He was out and then woke back up I think - you can see his hands drop and go limp.

He wasn't close to being out.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

He is reaching for Alex's hands when they go to the ground, which to me tells me he's trying to intelligently defend himself but we never got there so we don't know. He was clearly rocked but I don't think that's a good time to stop any fight let alone a title fight.

But I like Pereira so it's okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad