Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
df55999.gif

Damn, did Joanna land on Rose's knee? :o

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Amazing card from top to bottom. Definitely one of the best in recent memory.

It's incredible what GSP just did after four years away. He definitely got tired and took some punishment you usually don't expect when he's on top but I'm sure he'll get that gas tank fixed next time out since he knows what to expect now at 185. Well, that's if he decides to fight at 185 again. I think the Whittaker fight is the one to make but he didn't really commit to anything when Rogan asked him.

It's just great to have GSP back. I used to be a big fan of his and then less so in his recent fights because of how safe he became but there was nothing boring about tonight. MMA, especially in Canada, is just better with him around. Hopefully he sticks around and isn't just one and done.

Equally impressive performance from TJ. I expected a close fight that could've gone either way so that was surprising. I figured it would've been a decision if TJ won. They can go in a few different directions with him now. The Cruz/Rivera winner makes sense or you could do Mighty Mouse.

Not even sure what to say about Rose/Joanna. Going in I couldn't think of a way Rose could win this fight and only gave her a puncher's chance. Her stand up looked great tonight. I'm not a fan of immediate rematches unless it's after a long-time dominant champion loses so I'd be okay with one here.

Wonderboy looked pretty good. No chance he's getting another crack at Woodley because no one wants to see that again but there are some good fights for him at 170.

Costa/Hendricks went pretty much as expected. The result we saw is why they put that fight together. It was to showcase Costa and he delivered in a big way. Really looking forward to seeing what's next for him. Also, when the hell did he change his name? Wasn't he just Borrachinha earlier in the week?

Please give Vick a ranked opponent. He has earned it.

Reactions: 1specter

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Cody doesn't deserve the rematch. TJ absolutely dominated the fight, soon as he found his timing. How he can be that cocky in post-fight?

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
GSP looked sloooow. If he's actually interested in competing, he should go down to 170. Otherwise, fight Silva, fight McGregor and retire a rich man.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This was one of the best cards I've ever watched. Thoroughly entertained. GSP looked slow and rusty but I still lost my shit when he won, the bar I was at went crazy. I do think he needs to cut some mass and go back down to WW. Just happy to have the guy back, he's the one who got me into MMA many years ago when I watched his first match with BJ Penn.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I was really glad to see Joanna KO'd. She really needed to get humbled but idk if she comes back better. Her chin has been a bit suspect for a few fights now.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I was really glad to see Joanna KO'd. She really needed to get humbled but idk if she comes back better. Her chin has been a bit suspect for a few fights now.
Was very Ronda Rousey-esque. At least she seems to be taking the loss way better.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
good card , good fights
UFC brought out a lot of old fans for this one
GSP needs a big fight and call it quits , love to see Silva
shame it wasn't ten years ago

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I agree. I think she got a little too full of herself and losing is probably the best possible thing for her, provided she gets over the loss. She seemed pretty composed in the interview after the fight, and had already broken down film with her coach, so I think she will be back.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Smarter how?

Cody got caught with a glancing head kick and that was the beginning of the end. He was beating TJ until that point.

You're wasting your time trying to use logic and reason with that guy. He clearly was rooting for Dillishaw, and no matter what actually happened in the fight that favored Garbrandt, he'll dismiss it. Fact is, Cody caught him and dropped him in the first, and TJ dug deep to come back hard in the second. Have to give him credit for that. He could have easily rolled over and gotten finished.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't remember a time where GSP has ever gassed.

He's just not a MW, it's too much weight on his frame. I'd be shocked if he took another fight at that class.

Great comeback for him though.

They asked White after the fights if GSP would stick around that weight or move down, and he emphatically said stay at MW.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Where are you Georges haters now?

He's the undisputed GOAT.

Can't speak for others, but I'm still here. :laugh:

If he trades and is willing to actually fight like he did last night, I'm good with that. His style before he quit last time was to hug people to death and lie on top of them. That was boring as f***. One fight doesn't change a thing. Let's see him keep this up. If he continues to mix it up and not play it safe, I'll gladly change my opinion of him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
McGregor, St Pierre, Woodley, UFC has some real good draws now.

Woodley? Really? His last 3 fights have been boring as f***. Two snooze fests with Wonderboy and that abortion of a fight against Maia say he's not a draw at all. I'd put Holloway ahead of Woodley as a better draw any day of the week.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
GSP is not going to fight any of those guys with grenades for hands at 185...

He said as much after the fight where he pretty much said he's Built up the perfect amount of mass for 170.
They asked White after the fights if GSP would stick around that weight or move down, and he emphatically said stay at MW.
thats not what I took from GSPs comments after the fight.

He pretty much said he's sitting at the perfect size for WW now

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
GSP is not going to fight any of those guys with grenades for hands at 185...

He said as much after the fight where he pretty much said he's Built up the perfect amount of mass for 170.

thats not what I took from GSPs comments after the fight.

He pretty much said he's sitting at the perfect size for WW now

On the post fight after show on Fox, they asked him point blank if GSP would stick at MW or move to WW, and he said flat out, stay.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Woodley? Really? His last 3 fights have been boring as ****. Two snooze fests with Wonderboy and that abortion of a fight against Maia say he's not a draw at all. I'd put Holloway ahead of Woodley as a better draw any day of the week.
I feel like him throwing Woodley at the end was sarcasm lol.

They said before this fight that GSP had it written into his contract that he MUST defend the middleweight belt. They just didn't say when.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...iddleweight-title-if-he-beats-michael-bisping

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why is everyone assuming GSP wants to go back down? Maybe a tough weight cut isn't something that interests him any longer, and he can stay comfortably at MW and not have to subject himself to that. FWIW, at no point did I say White was forcing him to stay and defend, just that he seemed pretty adamant that GSP would. That speaks to him knowing something about the situation, no? Time will tell though.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I hope he fights Whitaker next because I like when champions defend their belt against the number one contenders rather than chasing super fights. That said, there's probably too much money involved in the McGregor vs St. Pierre fight for it not to happen.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The contract specified he MUST defend the middleweight strap first and foremost.
This came from both GSP and Dana White.

It doesn't matter what the contracts says when GSP can just retire and leave the company without their 2nd biggest star

If he wanted his next fight to be at heavyweight, he'd get an immediate title shot against Miocic

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00