GDT: UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Cody also got his ass badly whooped. TJ was simply the better and way smarter fighter. No reason for rematch. TJ would destroy him once again.

Smarter how?

Cody got caught with a glancing head kick and that was the beginning of the end. He was beating TJ until that point.

Reactions: tmurfin

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I was getting worried, GSP was definitely gassing and while he was able to take Bisping down, Bisping was actually doing more from the bottom than GSP on top.

yeah, i definitely thought GSP was done after the 2nd period. Then, GSP lands the ONE strike that keeps giving Bisping trouble in his entire career: the counter hook, which i never would think in a million year GSP had it in him to throw a good hook to hurt Bisping.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
870343606.0.jpg

Reactions: Heaton and cyris

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Smarter how?

Cody got caught with a glancing head kick and that was the beginning of the end. He was beating TJ until that point.

Exactly, he fought too reckless. He let all that Team alpha male stuff get to his head and got too emotional. Normally Cody has fantastic footwork but in the fight he was standing still and throwing bombs trying to knock TJ out. He should've played a safer game.

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I don't remember a time where GSP has ever gassed.

He's just not a MW, it's too much weight on his frame. I'd be shocked if he took another fight at that class.

Great comeback for him though.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Smarter how?

He beat him at first round, that's true. TJ had perfect gameplan, start slow and find out his rhythm & one-dimensional style. After Cody made that stupid taunt he got absolutely destroyed. TJ whooped his ass whole 2nd round, even before that head kick. He had way better gameplan than Cody.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

He's just not a MW, it's too much weight on his frame. I'd be shocked if he took another fight at that class.

I agree, I don't think he can make a run at middleweight. Too many good fighters, and he's getting up there in age. Only really thought he would win tonight because it's Bisping.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He beat him at first round, that's true. TJ had perfect gameplan, start slow and find out his rhythm & one-dimensional style. After Cody made that stupid taunt he got absolutely destroyed. TJ whooped his ass whole 2nd round, even before that head kick. He had way better gameplan than Cody.

If round 1 went for another 10-15 seconds TJ was done. He got rocked bigtime and went down.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Hope he goes back to 170 and does his thing there.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I think it's more indicative of Garbrandt's chin than any gameplan from TJ because TJ wasn't having his way on the feet until that kick. Cody was evading with ease with his efficient footwork

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
If round 1 went for another 10-15 seconds TJ was done. He got rocked bigtime and went down.

Yes, can't argue with that. But after that Cody was only looking for a knockout, which was huge and stupid mistake. He didn't catch TJ even once in second round and got absolutely dominated. Headkick was the biggest factor, but TJ was totally dominating even before that. Cody didn't do shit in second round. Cody fought way too emotionally & one-dimensional on this one.

Still huge potential, but he needs way more on his arsenal if he wants to beat TJ.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think it's more indicative of Garbrandt's chin than any gameplan from TJ because TJ wasn't having his way on the feet until that kick. Cody was evading with ease with his efficient footwork

Exactly

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great night of fights. Happy to be wrong on Rose, wish I would have been wrong about Dillashaw. And I'm not sure what it means, but GSP is back and that's pretty cool.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It's going to be interesting how Rose deals with Andrade. I think Rose is the hardest single strike Striker of the division, but Andrade is a very Lineker-esque where she has an uncrackable chin and throws hard & long combinations. I want to see if she can handle the non-stop power-pressure of Andrade. We might just have a Rock-Paper-Scissors situation with the 3 best straw-weights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad