Speculation: UFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
I haven't seen confirmation on Briere - just one twitter post that was retweeted en masse. Haven't seen anything official. He may still be unsigned.

As for Grab, we won't know anything until tomorrow.

ChesterCopperpot1*

Sounds like Briere signed w/ the Habs 2 years/8 million according to Twitter.

One would think the "no state tax" would be a strong selling point as well as a great place to live and raise a family.

I've never been to Montreal so I really can't compare cities but still, it sucks that no free agents, top ones at least, care to sign here.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
One would think the "no state tax" would be a strong selling point as well as a great place to live and raise a family.

I've never been to Montreal so I really can't compare cities but still, it sucks that no free agents, top ones at least, care to sign here.

Its in Quebec, so huge taxes. Its something on the line of 7% and then you get an extra 7.5% on top of that lol.

In other words, it should be a huge leverage point

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008

I've been to Montreal (Mom is Canadian) ... beautiful city ... horrid people.

*not painting ALL with a broad brush but the French Canadians are, let's say, a difficult people to get along with; especially if you are not a Francophone.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Is Sergei a done deal? Just wondering if, despite the alleged bad blood in the past, the acquiring of a fellow Belorussian in Grabovski would give SK some desire to stay put.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Its in Quebec, so huge taxes. Its something on the line of 7% and then you get an extra 7.5% on top of that lol.

In other words, it should be a huge leverage point

Sales tax in Quebec is 14.975% very similar to the rest of Canada so it really isn't leverage for free agens if they are that worried about sales tax then they need to find a better investor for their millions.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada

*not painting ALL with a broad brush but the French Canadians are, let's say, a difficult people to get along with; especially if you are not a Francophone.

I'm a francophone but not from Quebec and I find it extreamly hard to get along with anyone there but, we can't judge everyone the same way though.

I'm refreshing twitter and these boards to get some news on Briere or anything to the preds. Dallas has been aggressive and we need to be too. I just hope its for a reasonable cap hit and not signed for too long..

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Really? I have never had any issues in Montreal or Quebec city or Gatineau or anywhere in between. I have relatives in MTL who moved there from England as did my grandparents the place is always so much fun. Best nightlife going and shopping is amazing among other things. Best strip clubs in North America also and with DB apparently being newly single that would be a bigger draw than sales tax lol.

ChesterCopperpot1*

I've only been to Canada once(Vancouver) and aside from the influx of Asian tourists(they're everywhere) the people were awesome. Beautiful city, great people, taxes were hella high. It was something close to 15% sales tax on Victoria Island...just wasnt sure what the taxes were like from province to province.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I am so pissed I was hoping you guys would get him he is not someone I want on our roster in MTL FAKKKKKKK. 2 years too many and 8 Million too much.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Hum, Poile left at the alter again... Hopefully this will force his hand on Grabo who is younger and more of a need at center. Sign Stalberg who is big, fast, and who i think would shine with more ice time and out of the shadows of the dream team in Chicago.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If we could just sign Filppula and Stalberg I think we would be just fine. We probably will end up with Skille and Gomez though...

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
Notable forwards still available:

Horton, Roy, Grabovski, Stalberg, Clarkson, Brunner, Filppula

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Screw it, lets get Iggy. Good size, can score some goals and a winger.

EDIT: Forgot about Ryder too, he could be had at a good price

thegreatgasby*

No disrespect , but i think you are completly wrong. french canadians are awsome ppl .especially in montreal where 75% of the francophones speak very good english.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Sales tax in Quebec is 14.975% very similar to the rest of Canada so it really isn't leverage for free agens if they are that worried about sales tax then they need to find a better investor for their millions.

Sales taxes and income taxes are obviously different. I worked in "La Belle Province" for a year and let me tell you, it eats a nice little portion of your pay.

With that being said, its now Brieres problem

tserberis*

If Grabo hits Ufa his is with Detroit. Played with Datsyuk during lockout in cska. Loved it.

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
Craig Custance @CraigCustance

Appears to be little doubt among those I've checked with that Grabovski will clear waivers.

SIGH. :shakehead :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland