Speculation: UFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
From Twitter:

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 13m
Daniel Brière says no decision has been made on a contract but it could come later today.
Retweeted by JoshuaCooper

Grabovski on waivers gives Poile leverage on Briere to make a decision. If Briere is interested in coming here, he will do so today.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh does it extend into next season? I was under the impression it was this off season only.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
The more I think about, the more I think the grabo buy out is a godsend for us. He has to get through Colorado, Florida, and Tampa (don't think he will) but if he does, he get a first line center for nothing. Not a quality first liner, but a does liner.

Jubal

May 29, 2012
The more I think about, the more I think the grabo buy out is a godsend for us. He has to get through Colorado, Florida, and Tampa (don't think he will) but if he does, he get a first line center for nothing. Not a quality first liner, but a does liner.

They already got their forwards while at the same time stopped us from getting one. If any of them does it again I'll be pissed.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Leafs buying out Grabovski.

find that hilarious given some of the ridiculous trade requests the TO posters were making..

you want Wilson? Klein?

no thanks we will just try to get him for... NOTHING thank you

edit: and the rumor monger who shall not be named says we are now in on horton, especially if briere doesn't sign with us

Horton would make sense... The Preds want to get bigger. Briere and*Grabo do not fit the bill.

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
Not directly Preds related, but this also broke on Twitter a few minutes ago for those not following the FA Forum:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 10m
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Yes, I used to live in San Diego haha. I'm also looking to get back in a year or so. Once you get away from the coast, it gets into the 80s and 90s frequently. The general toungue-in-cheek rule of thumb is for every mile inland you go, you add one degree to the temperature. I used to go to school in El Cajon which is about 20 miles east of the coast. High 90s to low 100s is common out there. But it's obviously very dry. "Warm" is a general word I'm using. When I think of NHL cities like LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix, Florida, Tampa I'm thinking of the generally warm and dry climates during the fall/winter/spring, when the player and his family would be living there. If I put myself in one of those above cities (Vegas included) on any typical day throughout hockey season, the odds are it's going to be warmer than it would be in Nashville on any given day. In Nashville, we tend to get excited if it's 70 in January, and when it does, a storm is usually coming the next day. We have our bits and pieces of consistent comfortable weather in the winter, but it's always seemed pretty rare to me.

I remeber i went ti San Diego 5 or 6 years ago to party for a weekend in mid August. It had been in the 100s in Nashville for several days in a row. I think like two weeks straight.
When me and my buddy got in the plane in Nashville it was 104 degrees. When we got off the plane in San Diego around 4pm west coast time it was 72 degrees. It was*shock to the body. We had to wear long sleeve shirts and pants for the night outings..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think Nonis is looking at the cap lowering, looking at Kadri having such an impressive year, comfortable with Bozak and realizes that he only has the compliance buy outs this year. He has to clear space to make moves. Grabo was just the odd man out. He may have reestablished his value after next season, but if he didn't... well... suddenly Nonis is looking like a fool. It's a gamble for sure, either way.
The problem with this theory is that compliance buyouts are possible NEXT year, too.

EDIT: ...annnnd I'm slow. :)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The problem with this theory is that compliance buyouts are possible NEXT year, too.

EDIT: ...annnnd I'm slow. :)

Yeah it's been a while since I've looked at that part of the CBA. I've done a few things between then and now :P

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Not directly Preds related, but this also broke on Twitter a few minutes ago for those not following the FA Forum:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 10m
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

Oh my gosh as a Boston fan I am absolutely stoked. That is an awesome return. Great deal for both teams.

For the Preds... Oh dear if Seguin gets his head on straight.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Dallas is getting fleeced if Dreger is right. Eriksson+? Really? Eriksson straight up is fair IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad