Speculation: UFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Sales taxes and income taxes are obviously different. I worked in "La Belle Province" for a year and let me tell you, it eats a nice little portion of your pay.

With that being said, its now Brieres problem

Yes income tax is a little higher than in Ontario but not by much maybe a couple % at the high end for these guys.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
patience people, he knows what we need. We are pretty much set at defense and we just need a backup goalie. I believe in him, it has to happen someday lol

ChesterCopperpot1*

patience people, he knows what we need. We are pretty much set at defense and we just need a backup goalie. I believe in him, it has to happen someday lol

We are not a destination city in the NHL(still don't understand why) so we have to get players by either vastly overpaying of forcing them(like claiming them on waivers).

And even overpaying for them doesn't work. You think Grabbo is going to seriously consider NSH when he can have his choice of 20 other teams?

I don't like the sit on our hands and wait attitude Poile has sometimes. And I'm generally a GMDP fan.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Yeah i give it to Poile he is trying..
He was up to the end for Biere and ultimately he lost out to Biere heart that always wanted to play in Montreal and win a cup. Multiple sources say he was in the mix for Seguin. Looks like Boston got more for him than we could offer. It's not over yet.....

ChesterCopperpot1*

Yeah i give it to Poile he is trying..
He was up to the end for Biere and ultimately he lost out to Biere heart that always wanted to play in Montreal and win a cup. Multiple sources say he was in the mix for Seguin. Looks like Boston got more for him than we could offer. It's not over yet.....

I don't blame him for Seguin. We just didn't have the assets. But Grabbo? That's all on him.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Why would Poile claim Grabo, we just got rid of one pouty player, why get another? And if we pick him up we are on the hook for his salary aren't we?

How many times do I have to say this? Nashville is NOT a prime destination right now. We are perceived as a low budget defensive minded team in a market no one in the media cares about. These guys want the spotlight that come from playing in a big market primarily in the East (Horton even if he goes to Columbus will still be playing in the East). Note that Seguin going to Dallas was a trade. A deal we could not match.

While Poile shares some of the blame for squandering picks and not trading excess players, there is simply not much we can do about perceptions.

Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Why would Poile claim Grabo, we just got rid of one Belarussian why get another? And if we pick him up we are on the hook for his salary aren't we?

How many times do I have to say this? Nashville is NOT a prime destination right now. We are perceived as a low budget defensive minded team in a market no one in the media cares about. These guys want the spotlight that come from playing in a big market primarily in the East (Horton even if he goes to Columbus will still be playing in the East). Note that Seguin going to Dallas was a trade. A deal we could not match.

While Poile shares some of the blame for squandering picks and not trading excess players, there is simply not much we can do about perceptions.

So you pass on a three time 20+ goal scorer because of his nationality? :shakehead We just bought out an American as well so, using your logic, we should dump our 1st round pick due to his nationality matching that of a player we just bought out.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Why would Poile claim Grabo, we just got rid of one Belarussian why get another? And if we pick him up we are on the hook for his salary aren't we?

Because not all Belarusians are the same?

Free agency hasn't even opened yet, and we are already writing the whole thing off? Damn, the bitter pessimism is starting early this year.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Because not all Belarusians are the same?

Free agency hasn't even opened yet, and we are already writing the whole thing off? Damn, the bitter pessimism is starting early this year.
one must admit, the early signs aren't positive.

props to poile for going after it.

id have a fat contract waiting for horton tomorrow. 7 years 35 million 5 million AAV.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I have edited my post. My intent was not to be xenophobic. My point is that Grabovski has a "reputation" not too dissimilar from another player no longer on our roster. For better or worse, some Russian players do not seem to have the team first mentality. They are prima donnas who think they deserve special treatment because they are Russian. From what I have read, Grabovski does not seem interested in playing a team game. And will likely not appreciate Trotz's coaching style. He might score 20 goals for us or he might be a season long headache.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
I don't know why, but out of the blue I predict Ryan Clowe is a Nashville Predator by this time tomorrow. All of the gushing Trotz has done over him in the past leads me to believe Poile is holding back everything to spring for his signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad