UFA Frenzy/Offseason Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kadri Is a great player. 7 years is too much, but 7 million is perfect. He’ll probably be overpaid by year 3 of the deal, however with his style of play I think he’ll still be a valuable piece throughout his mid 30s. Calgary really banking on the next two years to win something. Bold move but I applaud the aggressiveness

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Kadri Is a great player. 7 years is too much, but 7 million is perfect. He’ll probably be overpaid by year 3 of the deal, however with his style of play I think he’ll still be a valuable piece throughout his mid 30s. Calgary really banking on the next two years to win something. Bold move but I applaud the aggressiveness
Yep pretty much. By the time Kadri is overpaid, it won’t really matter.

Looking at their team, I think you could make a case that they are equal/better than the previous year (especially if someone like Coronato or Pelletier can contribute).

They still have their 2023 1st, if they move that it for something valuable at the TDL look out..

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Voracek+Jiricek+Foudy+1st
Not to be dramatic but I'd be calling for Jarmo to be fired if they did that, I don't think Chicago will get that type of haul for him either.

My default is to believe it when people say we're looking in to a big move now. If this is another situation where we can capitalize on having relatively liquid cap space we could make it work perhaps. We saw what DeBrincat went for....

Also another note: our number may very well be blocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowumbus

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Voracek+Jiricek+Foudy+1st
I wouldn't trade him for Liam Foudy either. Let Chicago find another fool to trade a 33 year old player whose contract is up after the season for talented youngsters, a first round pick, and Voracek, who is not only a great player, but a great person.
Although I'm 100% sure it's bul...it and not a serious inside

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Johnny is 29. We’re in win now mode. Go get him. Kent Johnson and Sullivan are coming up the pipe as centers. We’ll be fine in a year when they’re ready to play C.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Johnny is 29. We’re in win now mode. Go get him. Kent Johnson and Sullivan are coming up the pipe as centers. We’ll be fine in a year when they’re ready to play C.
One of those kids is almost certainly going the other way if it were to happen

Reactions: CBJx614
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad