UFA Frenzy/Offseason Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I saw this today and was wondering about moving Eric Robinson or Bemstrom - the Rangers are set at D, but they could use a forward with a low cap hit. But do we need another young right D that is not a proven guy in his own end? And Robinson is friends with Gaudreau. And Lundkvist is 5’11”. So I decided against it. If they were looking to move him last year, I would have been in favor of it. But not now.
I’m not giving NYR a speedy depth piece.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If you looked at our roster and thought "we need more players like Bean and Boqvist" then sure. Lundqvist is another one of those guys that really only makes sense in PP2 and sheltered 5v5 minutes. I think that's a player type that you can fit zero or one of per team.
I just dont agree with that line of thinking (and your view of his 5v5 game). Same type of comments have been made of Girard, but I'd happily take a defense of 6 Girards.

Loved Lundqvists game in SHL. He was a 21 year old NA hockey rookie last season, so struggles were expected, but Im happy to bet on him being able to adjust. What he team needs is good Dmen that provide positive value on ice. I really dont care whether the value comes from 6'9'' goon or 5'8'' figure skater.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just dont agree with that type of thinking. Same type of comments have been made of Girard, but I'd happily take a defense of 6 Girards.

Loved Lundqvists game in SHL. He was a 21 year old NA hockey rookie last season, so struggles were expected, but Im happy to bet on him being able to adjust. What he team needs is good Dmen that provide positive value on ice. I really dont care whether the value comes from 6'9'' goon or 5'8'' figure skater.

I think of Lundqvist as closer to Boqvist than Girard. It's not a size issue mostly, it's a defensive ability problem.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Like what happened to that guy? He went from at 25+ goal scorer to nothing overnight.
I’ve been wondering that for a while. He always seemed to make plays against us when he was on the penguins. Looks like a combination of age and an ankle injury. He also got a nice contract from Calgary so maybe he lost his desire to work hard.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ve been wondering that for a while. He always seemed to make plays against us when he was on the penguins. Looks like a combination of age and an ankle injury. He also got a nice contract from Calgary so maybe he lost his desire to work hard.
He was a solid player in the Stars even though he injured Brassard. Played with a hard edge. Still put up numbers for the Penguins and Vegas. Then just disappeared once he went to Calgary and Edmonton.

Unless his body started giving out its hard to say why he just fell off like that. Several consistent years of production that just dropped to nothing. Maybe he’s still got a little gas in the tank to play a 4th line roll with some edge but who knows.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hello Amigos, I am just trying to figure out if Chychrun was almost a BJ. Lots of opinions going around that some how Chyc foolishly stopped a trade to the BJs.

Did your media pick this up? Approximately the date, before or after draft. Appreciate any insight.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hello Amigos, I am just trying to figure out if Chychrun was almost a BJ. Lots of opinions going around that some how Chyc foolishly stopped a trade to the BJs.

Did your media pick this up? Approximately the date, before or after draft. Appreciate any insight.
A Columbus dispatch reporter (our local paper) did pick it up. However, he’s kind of hit or miss. He seemed to imply we were really onto him at the draft but Arizona wanted 6. And we didn’t want to give it. Aaron Portzline, however, says we weren’t that hard after him but we did call about the availability. So yeah, it was out there, but the degree of interest is open to interpretation.

As far as him nixing any deal to come here, I don’t recall hearing anything about that. But I could be wrong

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A Columbus dispatch reporter (our local paper) did pick it up. However, he’s kind of hit or miss. He seemed to imply we were really onto him at the draft but Arizona wanted 6. And we didn’t want to give it. Aaron Portzline, however, says we weren’t that hard after him but we did call about the availability. So yeah, it was out there, but the degree of interest is open to interpretation.

As far as him nixing any deal to come here, I don’t recall hearing anything about that. But I could be wrong
My recollectrion supports all of this. There was no locally-reported word that a deal was balked at by the player himself, just that the Jackets expressed interest.

Reactions: Mangosteen

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Chychurn has no trade protection so he wouldnt have a say in that regard. I was actually just looking at it recently, Garrioch said Columbus believed there was a deal but it fell through last moment and not sure why. So do with that what you will but Chychrun blocking a trade to Columbus doesnt add up

I guess he could have been a whiny Jeff Carter but I doubt it

Reactions: Mangosteen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: