GWT: UCL Matchweek 6 & R16 Draw

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well Chelsea was never going to get a tough draw in Russia :)

Yeah, the bolded is something that I am coming around on. I don’t think same group should be matched up but besides that it’s feels unnecessary

The draw was held in Switzerland.

Lmfao Citeh. Have these guys like even once landed a difficult draw?

I was surprised to not see a team from League 2 gifted to Citeh:sarcasm:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
So Mbappe+Messi+Di Maria+Ramos+Navas will gangbang Real :D

I dont know what would make it more interesting (but all are great for drama); Mbappe has already signed a pre-contract with Real before the games start, Mbappe hasnt signed and its daily rumors and back and forth like it was this summer, Mbappe shuns Real and signs with PSG.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I understand it in the group stage but for me they need to get rid of these country/group restrictions in the knockout phase, if somebody like Villarreal has to face Man United again in the R16 so be it. Also UEFA has a TV market restriction too which makes things more complicated

I think the group restrictions should stay in place for R16 just to add more diversity to the matchups, but the country restrictions should go.

Nobody wants to watch United vs Villarreal 4 times in a few months.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The draw was held in Switzerland.

I was surprised to not see a team from League 2 gifted to Citeh:sarcasm:
Final in Russia and Arshavin fumbling balls all over the place. May as well be.

Honestly I think Sporting is pretty tough. They won’t beat City but think they had a shot against Juve. This round will have a lot of chalk.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I see it as a 50/50 draw much like mbappe actually. We will know more in January

I honestly think PSG should be heavily favored. I think we can beat them, but it would be a large upset. It is not a 50/50 situation.

However, as I mentioned, beating them and then stealing Mbappé would be AWESOME! Hopefully both things happen, but I'll settle for just stealing Mbappé ;)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I honestly think PSG should be heavily favored. I think we can beat them, but it would be a large upset. It is not a 50/50 situation.

However, as I mentioned, beating them and then stealing Mbappé would be AWESOME! Hopefully both things happen, but I'll settle for just stealing Mbappé ;)
Both PSG and Madrid are in that second tier of favorites. Will be nice that one of them don’t advance.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To me PSG is favourite and should not lose to that Real. If not it's a failure (provided the reffing is fair obviously).
Let's not forget Zidane could join too. Would make it all the more fun.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yes and Pool and Chelsea too.

Chelsea and Pool? Meh, to me they are a little below. I mean, both are contenders, but I do not see them as good as City, PSG or Bayern.

Chelsea and Liverpool are more on the Real tier to me. Maybe we are a little under them. We have been in great form lately and have had a very good group stage (despite the loss). Drawing PSG is a big blow.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think Liverpool, at their home stadium over two legs, is always going to be considered a favorite in most of the matchups. I wouldn't put them as favorites against Bayern or PSG, but other than that?

Most of that side has won a Cup before, so they know what it takes (you can say the same for Chelsea and Bayern).

A lot can change however, over what is a very busy period for a lot of the players for EPL clubs especially.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bayern City Liverpool top three favorites

Chelsea Madrid PSG second tier

This is alphabetical btw

Overwhelmingly agreed. With the away goals rule abolished, guys like Salah and Lewandowski are gonna have open season -especially if the aggregate is tied at any point. "On the shoulders of giants" kind of stuff. This also means Pep's team can simply outscore their problems if they have any.

Some of these games are gonna be blood baths and others will see bus parking at the end of games that would make even Jose Mourinho proud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad