GWT: UCL Matchweek 6 & R16 Draw

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
To me it's more Athletico isn't as good as they've been in the past. I also don't think they have the huge managerial advantage they would have before United changed. To me this is going to be a pretty boring draw and might have the worst games of the round. Could see a couple of 0-0 draws, maybe a 0-0 and 1-1 games, seems destined for PK's to settle it.
I do think Atletico are a different beast. They are like a more technical Burnley. They are very frustrating to play against with their physicality and antics. The way United could beat them would be if they (Atletico get an early red card) or if Manchester United can get a PK. They are not easy to break and they have one of the best shot stopper in the world.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And they have some nice firepower, though their system doesn't use it much. Lemar, Griezmann, Felix, Suarez, Carrasco, De Paul...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Both. They're seeded in the first draw (group stage) and then protected again in the last 16. That's WAY too much for smaller teams to be competitive.

They do not care about small teams being competitive, they care about marketability and revenues. That's why the process is what it is and that's why it is not likely to change... and that's also a big part of why guys like Perez wants the Super League... so they can control that marketability and those sweet revenues... and not have to share it with the rest of the football pyramid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Atleti’s problem has actually become the reason why they became a powerhouse.
What I noticed about them is that they are kind of half measuring it right now. They have the fire power and they have the shut housing, but aren’t really committed to either right now so it’s a bit disjointed. They are still very dangerous and would much rather they had drawn the other Manchester team.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This. At this time last year, Chelsea drew Atletico while Atletico were seemingly running away with La Liga and Chelsea were beginning to implode. Every Chelsea fan thought it was a dire draw.
And then Atletico got hit by Covid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad