GWT: UCL Matchweek 6 & R16 Draw

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why couldn’t Villarreal play LFC there?

Not that I cared for that matchup but I don’t see why that couldn’t have been?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Psg and madrid the biggest losers of the redraw.

Atleti the biggest winners
Doesn't change much for PSG really. As long as they avoided Bayern and Liverpool, they were fine with any draw.
Lille was REALLY unlucky though.

I'll stress again that the draw forbidding intra-country games is a farce.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Becasue Inter could only play against Liverpool.
Ah. Makes sense. Don’t think I could have handled another re-draw.

honestly I like the Inter matchup better than Salzburg. More fun.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The screwed up the pots. Teams who couldn't draw against others were in the wrong bowls. They tried to reswap out some of the balls on the fly. Didn't work.

So they had to redo.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I understand it in the group stage but for me they need to get rid of these country/group restrictions in the knockout phase, if somebody like Villarreal has to face Man United again in the R16 so be it. Also UEFA has a TV market restriction too which makes things more complicated

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I understand it in the group stage but for me they need to get rid of these country/group restrictions in the knockout phase, if somebody like Villarreal has to face Man United again in the R16 so be it. Also UEFA has a TV market restriction too which makes things more complicated
Same with a Villareal/Real or Atletico game. It's stupid and only protects bigger countries and influences the coefficients.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It doesn't really matter for Liverpool.

Should be the favorite in either one. I think the other is easier (though admittedly, I think Salzburg might be a bit more dangerous on the counter) but you could make an argument that Inter might get Liverpool up for it a bit more with all of their veterans and the prestige.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It doesn't really matter for Liverpool.

Should be the favorite in either one. I think the other is easier (though admittedly, I think Salzburg might be a bit more dangerous on the counter) but you could make an argument that Inter might get Liverpool up for it a bit more with all of their veterans and the prestige.
The word was all the players LOVED being at San Siro too, and a lot of the regulars missed out. They will be up for this game. I like it better than Salzburg matchup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Doesn't change much for PSG really. As long as they avoided Bayern and Liverpool, they were fine with any draw.
Lille was REALLY unlucky though.

I'll stress again that the draw forbidding intra-country games is a farce.
Well Chelsea was never going to get a tough draw in Russia :)

Yeah, the bolded is something that I am coming around on. I don’t think same group should be matched up but besides that it’s feels unnecessary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad