U18 World Championship Game Discussion

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
1st period is over. Stamkos and Turris are the best forwards for Canada, Cann looks very good under pressure and Cherepanov with Vojnov are the best russians, Imo.

Kaktus*

1st period is over. Stamkos and Turris are the best forwards for Canada, Cann looks very good under pressure and Cherepanov with Vojnov are the best russians, Imo.
Vojnov was the youngest Russian in WJC? He scored a few goals.. Glad to hear that this kid is doing good.

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Very impress by Stomkos Doughty and Arniel!

Turris did good too at both end. Cherepanov didnt do much of anything... I dont know much about other russian player.

Esposito, Gilles and Katic were pretty much invisible. I didnt see Gilles all period long, Esposito some shifts but nothing great. Katic only played 1 shift on the PP I think and he lost the puck trying to skate end to end.

Stomkos is really flying out there he was the best player on the ice and by far. Didnt see much of couture but he did good in SH.

1-1 good game so far. I hope to see more of Katic in the 2nd.

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Stamkos won the chase to the puck in the corner, backhanded out front as he was going behind the net. Looked like Arniel tried to get a quick backhand off, but didn't get alot of it. Boychuk was going to the net intercepted the wide shot and put it into the open net as Russian goalie was out challenging the shot.

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Esposito just robbed by Russian goalie(just tuned in this period, havn't caught his name). Picked up puck in the crease turned and fired, nice glove save.

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Churliev(sp) turned it over at the point, nice 2-1 for Boychuk to Arniel, Arniel puts it top shelf, play under review.

Looks like waived off, puck went off top of Crossbar and straight down.

Macman

May 15, 2004
4-1. Bastien on a nice goal. Took a pass at the blueline, cut in on goal and beat goalie on a backhand. Canada dominating now. Russian goalie pulled.

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Wow 4-1 Canada.

Yves Bastien with the goal. Dman passes off the boards from Canada end, Bastien gets behind the Russian D, Left hand shot coming from the left wing, makes a quick move to the back hand and get the goal. Kinda weak goal to let up really. Goal change for Russia

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Pechurshik has made a few nice saves since coming in. One on Turris, one on Bastien, and another on a goal mouth scramble.

Macman

May 15, 2004
4-2. Goal by Korostin. Shot from the point was deflected by Russian at side of net to Korostin, who knocked it in. Canada getting another penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad