SV% .849

Overall-
30-23
SV% .928

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You are either a goalie who wins a cup.....Or you are a goalie who has never won a cup. Your level of greatness is defined by what you do in the playoffs.

The 3rd goal at 59 seconds of the 2013 Stanley cup game 6 was so bad and so mis played that it was sad. It was an epic choke job to be so out of position and out that high. I mean, how does that puck go in in a Stanley Cup game? That is what he is to me. It is what he has done. It is his legacy for me. Bad goals at bad times. It is not only about how many you give up....But when you give them up.

Whoever wants to kiss the guys ring can be my guest. I apparently have a different evaluation criteria for what is great at great times and what is great vs the poor teams....

Now slow down everyone...until he wins a cup he hasn't done anything.

Edit: Am I the only one LMAO with seeing a specific poster liking this post?

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Now that we know a 36 year-old accountant-rec-league-player can just step into an NHL game and handle the Lightning easily, its clear anybody could put up great stats in the current NHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Philly Game 7 Loss 4GA
Toronto Game 7 win 4GA
Chicago Game 6 Loss 3GA
Montreal Game 7 Loss 3GA
Ottawa Game 6 Loss 3GA
I realize I sat right in back of Rask all 5 of these games first or second row next to goal judge

Well first and third period

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Rask for month of March;
10-0-1 2.53 GAA .914 SAV

Rask's last 37:
31-3-3 2.07 GAA .927 SAV

He's frustrating because it really does seem like he lets im a bad goal fairly often, but you can't argue with those numbers. Rolling.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He's frustrating because it really does seem like he lets im a bad goal fairly often

That's only because the vocal minority here constantly claim that all goals he lets up are bad goals, even when they are the result of deflections or guys left alone in the crease. Textbook example of people repeating something so much, it becomes truth.

Reactions: hrdpuk

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Tuukka Career Record and Save Percentage by Playoff series games

Game 1-
5-4
SV% .936

Game 2-
7-2
SV% .924

Game 3-
7-2
SV% .957

Game 4-
5-4
SV% .928

Game 5-
4-4
SV% .932

Game 6-
1-5
SV% .901

Game 7-
1-2
SV% .849

Overall-
30-23
SV% .928
So statistically speaking, it seems the Bruins best chance of Tuukka stealing the win is in 4-5 game series in their favor.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
A statistician would say that his sample sizes for individual games of playoff series are so small, that you can't really glean any useful information from them.
Not to mention different defenses, different systems, different opponents, different coaches etc all heavily factor into the mix.

Reactions: BiGBear8

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That's only because the vocal minority here constantly claim that all goals he lets up are bad goals, even when they are the result of deflections or guys left alone in the crease. Textbook example of people repeating something so much, it becomes truth.
Every single goalie in the history of hockey has let in bad goals, from hall of fame goalies down to crud goalies. Rinne, for example, this season has let in some of the biggest head scratchers I've ever seen, yet he is an awesome goalie and his team is vying for the President's trophy and the Cup. Tuukka does not let in any more softies than other elite goalies in the league. If people would watch other teams more they would certainly see this.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
A statistician would say that his sample sizes for individual games of playoff series are so small, that you can't really glean any useful information from them.

I feel like a statistician would be perfectly fine with 53 playoff game sample size with 3,450 minutes of play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Almost every team in the league is in a love/hate relationship with their goalie. It's funny to look at a thread like this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/playoff-goalies.2475053/

Who are the good goalies anymore? The position is just so watered down and it's almost impossible to separate yourself from the pack anymore. Even Rinne is just a good but inconsistent goalie having a great year.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Almost every team in the league is in a love/hate relationship with their goalie. It's funny to look at a thread like this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/playoff-goalies.2475053/

Who are the good goalies anymore? The position is just so watered down and it's almost impossible to separate yourself from the pack anymore. Even Rinne is just a good but inconsistent goalie having a great year.

Not sure it's watered down, but I think I understand your point. The differences aren't monumental. In addition, goalies by nature run hot and cold, so even the best can hit rough times when it counts most. In terms of the whole "talk to me when he wins a cup" line of thinking:

Lundqvist
Price
Rinne
Holtby
Luongo (meh)
Cujo, back in the day

ZERO cups.

Meanwhile Matt Murray has two?

Bruins employ the philosophy that it's best to lock in a very good goalie who'll give you a chance to win for period of years. Rask does, and has done this.

With a little Timmy Thomas sort of luck, 2013 ends differently for Rask.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Not sure it's watered down, but I think I understand your point. The differences aren't monumental. In addition, goalies by nature run hot and cold, so even the best can hit rough times when it counts most. In terms of the whole "talk to me when he wins a cup" line of thinking:

Lundqvist
Price
Rinne
Holtby
Luongo (meh)
Cujo, back in the day

ZERO cups.

Meanwhile Matt Murray has two?

Bruins employ the philosophy that it's best to lock in a very good goalie who'll give you a chance to win for period of years. Rask does, and has done this.

With a little Timmy Thomas sort of luck, 2013 ends differently for Rask.
Yeah watered down was a poor choice of words. I just don't see much separation at all for "elite" goalies vs. "good" goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad