Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
we will continue from here http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tuukka-rask-part-iv.2221031/page-35#post-140749073

However anyone coming to troll and by that I mean make statements intended to incite with no factual basis as determined by a moderator will immediately be thread banned at a minimum.

As per the site rules you agreed to.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others.

7) Forum Management: Threads and posts that are redundant, in the wrong forum, or deemed unnecessary per the assessment of moderators are subject to being merged, moved, edited, deleted or closed. Thread titles must be as specific and informative as possible (no clickbait) and first posts must provide relevant commentary (“discuss” is not enough, for example). One account is allowed per user and you are responsible for what’s posted from your account. Please check the sticky threads at the top of each forum for any forum specific rules. If a moderator gives you a specific instruction in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to an account review.

10) Moderator Interactions: If you disagree with the actions of a moderator, please either contact a moderator via PM or send an e-mail to [email protected] (for the latter, include your user name in the e-mail). Do not post publicly about your moderation history or the actions of moderators. Interactions with moderators are subject to all the rules listed above, including flaming. When dealing with a moderator, be respectful and considerate.

Last edited:

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Multiple things can be true at once:

Rask can be a great goalie.

Rask can be not worth his contract.

Save percentage can be an important statistic overall, but not be an indicator of timely, clutch play.

Reactions: fin8

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Save percentage can be an important statistic overall, but not be an indicator of timely, clutch play.
You are obviously a disliker of Rask and the only thing you have left to grasp to is your lamens opinion of his contract.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I'm just going from what I've seen over the years. Optics have shown me when the pressure is on he shits his pants.
@fin8 You should back up your opinion with some facts instead of dismissing the rest of us
I hope im wrong, and all you Rask lovers are right. Stats don't win championships. Optics have shown me, that when the pressure is on, or the team isn't playing well in front of him, he craps his pants. You can hate me for my opinion on him, but that's how I feel.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I think you are on to something

My idea is employ former goalies to assess saves and assign values of difficulty

I bet we realize Rask wilts under pressure

'two T's, two U's, too many easy saves'

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm just going from what I've seen over the years. Optics have shown me when the pressure is on he ****s his pants.

I hope im wrong, and all you Rask lovers are right. Stats don't win championships. Optics have shown me, that when the pressure is on, or the team isn't playing well in front of him, he craps his pants. You can hate me for my opinion on him, but that's how I feel.

Based on your own criteria , as loose as it is, name us who you see as better than him in the league and where he places .
Using your ‘rule’ as documented above.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Thats it.
Thats the best you got after all of this?

‘If I dont die today I could die tomorrow. But surely I will die some day’

Thanks for contributing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Way too complicated, just eyeball it. He's a bum.
I need verification with an advanced stat

I was at the Devils game sitting right and I mean right behind Rask and I watched him make great save after great save in that first period and for a split second I thought he was not a bum but then he let 2 goals in the second

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

I was at the Devils game sitting right and I mean right behind Rask and I watched him make great save after great save in that first period and for a split second I thought he was not a bum but then he let 2 goals in the second

Since he played well that isn't a big game. When he makes a mistake it automatically becomes a Big Game

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

All funnin' aside, we have been blessed for 12 seasons (Timmy and Tuukka) with above average netminding. Don't need glasses to see that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All funnin' aside, we have been blessed for 12 seasons (Timmy and Tuukka) with above average netminding. Don't need glasses to see that.
In that time each has won a Vezina as the top goalie - not sure if any other team can equal that

Reactions: Chief Nine

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
You are obviously a disliker of Rask and the only thing you have left to grasp to is your lamens opinion of his contract.
Well considering that the contract is the entire crux of my argument...

And make false accusations that he's "not clutch" without backing it up.

Since he played well that isn't a big game. When he makes a mistake it automatically becomes a Big Game
Wrong. He has played well in plenty of big games, and there are many big games they've lost where he hasn't been at fault at all.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
And make false accusations that he's "not clutch" without backing it up.

as well.

I won't even count the regular season meltdowns down the stretch in recent seasons because those were lost seasons in my mind anyway and they were over before they even started, so I don't care that he was really bad at times there.

He's won them a lot of big games as well, there have been a lot of games they've lost in the playoffs where you can't fault Rask at all.

Doesn't mean he's worth his contract. No goalie in the modern NHL is worth 7 million, not a single one.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

No, it wasn’t...

You changed the “crux of your argument” when every other “point” you made was utterly destroyed. Then you kept moving the goalposts until all you had was... this.

The “crux of your argument” all along was that you think Rask sucks which, in and of itself, has been disproved time and again on this thread.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Wrong. He has played well in plenty of big games, and there are many big games they've lost where he hasn't been at fault at all.

The ENTIRE crux is a falsehood. Period.
As a matter of fact I agree that he is over paid. Then again as a matter of principle I feel every player of every sport is over paid. For what they make they should cure cancer.

You on the other hand serpentine your way into contrarian incitement for some reason I have yet to understand.
But it will not play long.

So your ENTIRE crux is what I expect you to stick to if you want to contribute in here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rask is a beast and if you asked every player in that room they would say that too more or less.Cannot see why so much complaining about him.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad