Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Two first periods against Tampa I couldnt say Rask was good or bad since the Bruins as a hole were dominating. The third period he was fantastic.

Today against Philly, I am happy he got a shut out and hope this boosts his confidence but Philly is also abysmal.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Rask was great today. Like Mike said on game thread you can tell with Tuuk where he's add with his body language more than any goalie I can remember. He was so confident today. Challenged, great rebound control...this guy on top of his game is top 3 easily.

Agreed. Today he was on and this is the Rask the Bruins need.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Great game by Tuukka yesterday,maybe the extra rest he got ,or maybe the pressure coming from Khubodin has him playing better.Hope it lasts.But if it doesn’t I think Khubodin has proven he can step in and play.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was only able to watch the first two periods from yesterday`s tilt although I recorded the game but decided not to watch the 3rd as it appeared not much happened.

Tuuk looked pretty composed in the limited shots he faced, excellent save on Konecny on the breakaway, rebound control stellar, played very quiet in the net

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Well he has now recovered to above league average after the couple post concussion games tanking his sv%.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins Tuukka Rask gets the start vs. Islanders - The Boston Globe

Three weeks ago, the radio call-in crazies were calling for Rask, a former Vezina Trophy winner, to be dealt away for a draft pick or two, and for Khudobin to be installed as the No. 1 — all, of course, with no obvious heir apparent in the minors to provide backup duty.

Coach Bruce Cassidy named Rask the starter against the Islanders. Rask, 30, made his fifth start in the club’s last six games. He posted a 3-1-0 mark in the other four, allowing an average 1.75 goals per game and turning away 99 of 106 shots for an impressive .934 save percentage.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
hrdpuk said:
Rask is staying. He's a top goalie . If he's hitting a bad pump He'll fix it. He hasn't come this far in his career to not know how to handle some diversity​

bmwmc said :
What planet do live on? With Rask in net, the game is in the Lighting hands and theirs to lose.

Have you changed your mind about Rask yet?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
hrdpuk said:
Rask is staying. He's a top goalie . If he's hitting a bad pump He'll fix it. He hasn't come this far in his career to not know how to handle some diversity​

bmwmc said :
What planet do live on? With Rask in net, the game is in the Lighting hands and theirs to lose.

Have you changed your mind about Rask yet?
hint: the hardcore anti-Rask crowd will never change their tune. He could put up 3 40-save shutouts in a row and they won't say a word (in fact you won't find a post from them anywhere on the board), but in the next game a screened double-deflection gets past him and they're frothing at the mouth

Last edited:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Against Philly and the Isles I think you could tell from puck drop he was going to have good games. Calm, confident body language and clearly dialed in. Great to see.

Outside of those games I don’t see a largely different Rask. The team in front of him has gotten healthy and improved. Things seem to be coming together between him and the defence. There are shaky moments from either side still but the support has been there from the other. I don’t think he was as bad as his numbers before sitting for Dobby, nor do I think he’s been an entirely different guy in all his wins.

I have to give big props to Cassidy for his handling of the goalies again this season. He’s known exactly how to play it. Must have been tempting to continue playing Dobby when he couldn’t lose but he timed the return of his starter perfectly and handled a tricky situation well.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
hint: the hardcore anti-Rask crowd will never change their tune. He could put up 3 40-save shutouts in a row and they won't say a word (in fact you won't find a post from them anywhere on the board), but in the next game a screened double-deflection gets past him and they're frothing at the mouth
Strangely enough when he's doing bad there are multiple pages a day, then when he's heating up there are no posts for 7 consecutive days....

Reactions: Dr Hook

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Strangely enough when he's doing bad there are multiple pages a day, then when he's heating up there are no posts for 7 consecutive days....

People come here to vent/complain more than circle jerk. Just my opinion at least.

Also, not sure what 7 consecutive days you are talking about. There is a post on Sunday December 10th, next post 2 days later, Tuesday December 12th complaining that not one's posted for 7 days. Also the Bruins haven't played since the 9th, so not sure what's expected from the message board.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
People come here to vent/complain more than circle jerk. Just my opinion at least.

Also, not sure what 7 consecutive days you are talking about. There is a post on Sunday December 10th, next post 2 days later, Tuesday December 12th complaining that not one's posted for 7 days. Also the Bruins haven't played since the 9th, so not sure what's expected from the message board.
Post on December 3rd and the next one is on the 9th. 6 days so whatever.

All the other threads like Heinen, McAvoy, Pasta, etc. are still booming when they are playing well. Rask is full of people who want to shit on him until he's playing well. Khudobin's thread was booming when he went on a tear, mostly with people shitting on Rask.

The only other player I notice this for is Krug and the odd time people use role players as a scapegoat too and go quiet once they start to perform.

I don't even think the criticizing on Rask is unwarranted this year, it's just comical how much it dies down when he's playing well. Certain people will demean him, but the same people will never praise him.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Rask seems to be on his game. Glad the #1 scare woke him up. He now plays square to the shot, active in the crease and is up near the top of the paint instead of being inside his goal posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad