Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Tuuks is top 5 in GAA. Top half in sv% but if he keeps this up hell be top 10 in no time.

Same SV% as the godly Holtby
No doubt. His stats have been skyrocketing since his hot streak began. I have never understood the crowd who freaks out over small sample sizes for goalies. Take out a few of Tuukka's worst games this season and his stats are elite. With an improved defense in front of him this season he may very well be in the Vezina discussion by the end of the season. Not saying he will win the Vezina, but he will be in the discussion.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Both goalies have played a huge role in the amount of wins this team is racking up. Rask’s level of play is so important and that confidence extends forward to the team in front of him. It changes their level of competition dramatically.

It’ll be interesting to see how his season shakes out. His play has been really up and down over the course of the season the past couple years. Would be huge to have that stabilize this season and get himself back where he should be.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No doubt. His stats have been skyrocketing since his hot streak began. I have never understood the crowd who freaks out over small sample sizes for goalies. Take out a few of Tuukka's worst games this season and his stats are elite. With an improved defense in front of him this season he may very well be in the Vezina discussion by the end of the season. Not saying he will win the Vezina, but he will be in the discussion.

And you're not doing that in this post?

Reactions: fin8

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
And you're not doing that in this post?
I'm not part of the crowd cherry picking stretches here and there to proclaim the sky is falling on an "overpaid" goalie who has a CAREER of elite hockey goaltending. So, no. Tuukka's stats speak for themselves. When he plays great he is simply doing what he has done most of his career. I am not freaking out over a small sample size at all. I am pointing out this is what Tuukka actually is -- a great goalie.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
8-0-1 in his last 9 starts.

Vezina Rask says: Eat that haterz...
Agree. I'm surprised at how many Rask haters there are. I think we're lucky to have one of the leagues truly elite goalies. Amazing that some seem to want him to fail.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
It’s not amazing really. Fans like scapegoats, and when they pick one, they need their scapegoat to prove them right. Otherwise they’ll look like idiots.

A number of well documented Rask haters don’t have a single post on the forum since this recent stretch began. They look like idiots, so they can’t show their face.

We had the same during the Thomas era too. A bunch of guys were lurking until their chosen hate target had a rough game. I don’t expect this disgusting ‘fan’ behaviour to ever change.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's always been a top-10 goalie in the league, but now he is actually playing like it.

Good way of putting it.

Why have posters been critical of Rask? Over the previous 3 seasons 16 different goalies have gotten votes for the Vezina Trophy. Tuukka was not one of them. He did not play at an elite level. Nor did he this year until recently. But in the last month he's been one of the best in the game.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Good way of putting it.

Why have posters been critical of Rask? Over the previous 3 seasons 16 different goalies have gotten votes for the Vezina Trophy. Tuukka was not one of them. He did not play at an elite level. Nor did he this year until recently. But in the last month he's been one of the best in the game.

Exactly, some of us just had more faith that he was going to turn it around than others. I wasn't happy with Rasks performance to start the year, but I didn't take Khudobin's (as good as he was) stint as starter as anything more than some time for Rask to get back on track. The Bruins aren't going to win anything or any importance unless Tuukka Rask is playing up to his full potential.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Rask is playing better than he has in a long long time. Maybe he was not healthy but Im not buying in yet (love to be on the Rask love train in the end)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
8-0-1 in his last 9 starts.

Vezina Rask says: Eat that haterz...

Whether someone criticized him or defended him, isn't the end desire for him to be playing well? Which is what he's done this month. We should all be happy with that.

Keep it up, Rask.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Quite a turnaround for Tuukka and the B's.

upload_2017-12-28_0-25-10.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad