Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Man, it's almost crazy how good he looks the farther he gets away from the concussion and with a healthy lineup in fornt of him.

He still needs to work on seeingt through screens, reading tips and stopping 98% of the breakaways, but he's getting there.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He's sporting a .944 sv% in the 7 appearances he's had since the 10 day break.

.960 in his 5 December appearances.

Anyone still complaining about anything he's been doing during this run should have their heads examined. Even What the Puck knew it would be best to just walk away and wait for the inevitable bad game before he'll show his face again in this thread.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He's sporting a .944 sv% in the 7 appearances he's had since the 10 day break.

.960 in his 5 December appearances.

Anyone still complaining about anything he's been doing during this run should have their heads examined. Even What the Puck knew it would be best to just walk away and wait for the inevitable bad game before he'll show his face again in this thread.

I'm happy with this. I say keep it up.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
hint: the hardcore anti-Rask crowd will never change their tune. He could put up 3 40-save shutouts in a row and they won't say a word (in fact you won't find a post from them anywhere on the board), but in the next game a screened double-deflection gets past him and they're frothing at the mouth

yes rask career numbers are best of any goalie in history... but let him play 3 bad games in a row and that 3 games is what they will use to predict future

those of us who go on his career are not surprised by the last 3 weeks of great goaltending

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Man, it's almost crazy how good he looks the farther he gets away from the concussion and with a healthy lineup in fornt of him.

He still needs to work on seeingt through screens, reading tips and stopping 98% of the breakaways, but he's getting there.

Mental toughness is what I care about.

It would have been nice to see him demand to start the Caps game and want a shot at Holtby and let Anton play the lowly Wings.

But Rask gon Rask and start the easier game of a back to back. Some things never change. Imagine Tim Thomas doing that...

At least hes good head to head vs Henrik Lundquist and I'm glad hes playing well right now.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

It would have been nice to see him demand to start the Caps game and want a shot at Holtby and let Anton play the lowly Wings.

But Rask gon Rask and start the easier game of a back to back. Some things never change. Imagine Tim Thomas doing that...

At least hes good head to head vs Henrik Lundquist and I'm glad hes playing well right now.

Um, I think the coach has some say in the decision.

Reactions: Lobster57

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

Wait...how do you kn....know what, nevermind...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Stopping pucks is what I care about.And he plays when Cassidy tell him.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Wait...how do you kn....know what, nevermind...

Exactly. This is how ridiculous the Rask criticism can get. Perfectly fine to get on his case if his game isn't up to snuff, but he actually gets flack for games he HASN'T played, because... he didn't demand to play??

We need to stop with the mind-reading nonsense. I'm pretty sure every goalie, every Dman and every forward in the NHL wants to play in every game. They are, by nature of their vocation, competitive individuals. If you think Rask isn't competitive, go ask the milk crates.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am happy with this year keepers. Rask sinc Khodobin success got him on track, That Khodobin playing like he is mixed up with this year kids and vets merging seem to have upgrade Rask games. I think he has been stellar for a moment now and Bruins will go as Rask goes.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Acoording to Fluto Tuukka was one of the guys hit with the flu, how's that for mental toughness @BigGoalBrad ?
Was at game last night and Rask looked so calm in net I was worried about his blood pressure! He’s a thing of beauty when he’s in that zone.

And Marchand was a freak of nature last night. I can’t tie my shoes when I get the flu.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I really think the play of Khudobin does wonders for Rask. When he is not allowed to become complacent he is so much more engaged.

Being pushed is always a good thing for goaltenders. Just ask Thomas.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Was at game last night and Rask looked so calm in net I was worried about his blood pressure! He’s a thing of beauty when he’s in that zone.

A guy I work with was at that game too and he said the exact same thing. Great to see!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This team will be damn hard to beat if he keeps playing like this. Great to see his confidence back. He's had to steal us quite a few games.

It's been a good few weeks for my fantasy team! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->