Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I don't know what you are talking about... what did i ask for , that was unreasonable?

The team play has made it easy for both Rask and Dobby the past 12 games. Its not alot to ask for once in a while for Tuuka to steal a game and bail the team out in return

This is absolutely ridiculous. Has he given up more than 2 goals in a game for the past month and a half? Rask is part of the team, too. You can't discount what he's done because the team has been great. He has one bad game against a frustrated team that's loaded with offensive superstars, big whoop. GDTs are awfully quiet when he's doing well, he has one bad game and everyone is right back at it.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
He is elite haha

I'm going to try and play devil' advocate here.

Listen over the last 10 games Rask has been fantastic, but the first 15-20 or so games he was awful. I hate hearing that our back up needs to step in so Rask can "find his game" that being said Rask appeared to "find his game" so it is what it is. Rask was bad last night but hey everyone has a bad game no matter who you are So lets not over react about it.

I' looking forward to seeing what Rask will do against the Canadiens. Dont discount these games as they are BIG and the knock on Rask is he freezes when it starts to matter. These games matter!!!

He played a good stretch of hockey here, but I'm looking for him to carry it over for the remainder of the season and hopefully in the playoffs.

I think either way DS is going to find out what he really has between the pipes this year.

As for the question is Rask elite. Thats all a matter of personal opinion and sooooo many factors.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
He is not elite...thats the reality

Bruins will only go as far as Rask takes them

There's a wide expanse between opinion and reality. You're entitled to your opinion that Tuukka's not elite. I disagree. But what you're not allowed to do is declare your opinion to be the be-all, end-all reality. Because it's not. It's an opinion.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
the knock on Rask is he freezes when it starts to matter.

The alleged knocks* on Rask are:
1) Oddly out of position way too often, including on big goals like the LA game
2) attitude problem when the night starts going bad
3) The teammate staredown. See #2
4) Teams go glove on him with great success
5) Tendency not to show up for big games.
6) Overpaid with diminishing returns if overworked

Now, he did have a nice December and a great stretch, so I'm inclined to look the other way for this game. Cassidy should have pulled him and didn't.

Reactions: fin8

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It was hilarious hearing Felger rip on Rask for last night's game all while ignoring the run he's been on over the last month and a half...

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
It was hilarious hearing Felger rip on Rask for last night's game all while ignoring the run he's been on over the last month and a half...
At least with Felger, you know he's doing it to get a reaction out of listeners so they'll remain engaged in his show. here on the boards, i'm more concerned because certain people (like clockwork) come out of the woodwork when Rask has a bad game, but are strangely silent when he's on a run.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
At least with Felger, you know he's doing it to get a reaction out of listeners so they'll remain engaged in his show. here on the boards, i'm more concerned because certain people (like clockwork) come out of the woodwork when Rask has a bad game, but are strangely silent when he's on a run.

Fair and accurate point. :laugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Oh this is gonna be a fun week around here without any games.

Add the fact that they lost in OT last night will just bring out the charter members of The P&M Club™, the “expert” GM wannabes, the angry Ananas comosus, and the prolific pontificating prince of lower case prose to enlighten us all with their pearls of wisdom and well grounded opinions, er I mean factual analysis.

Should be a blast!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Oh this is gonna be a fun week around here without any games.

Add the fact that they lost in OT last night will just bring out the charter members of The P&M Club™, the “expert” GM wannabes, the angry Ananas comosus, and the prolific pontificating prince of lower case prose to enlighten us all with their pearls of wisdom and well grounded opinions, er I mean factual analysis.

Should be a blast!
This made me LOL IRL. :laugh:

Reactions: Chief Nine

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I don't know why it has to be black and white for people. He's been lights out for over a month and was the 1st star for December. Yes, he sucked last night (better words than he used to describe his play) but unless and until it is a pattern, why worry about 1 game. We got a point, hell, that point has extended Rask's career long point streak. So with this team, even a bad game gets you a point.

Bring on the Canadiens.

Reactions: Chief Nine

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The alleged knocks* on Rask are:
1) Oddly out of position way too often, including on big goals like the LA game
2) attitude problem when the night starts going bad
3) The teammate staredown. See #2
4) Teams go glove on him with great success
5) Tendency not to show up for big games.
6) Overpaid with diminishing returns if overworked

Now, he did have a nice December and a great stretch, so I'm inclined to look the other way for this game. Cassidy should have pulled him and didn't.
You overlook this as well

NHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Goals Against Average Leaders

NHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Save Percentage Leaders

NHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Playoff Save Percentage Leaders

NHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Playoff Goals Against Average Leaders

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Some poster was talking about how this young team wasn't facing any adversity, getting ahead early and staying ahead.

Tuukka sensed this problem and clearly gave the Pens the early lead. The B's did fine, coming back in one period to erase a 2 goal lead. Sometimes the greats sacrifice more than we know for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad