Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah DKH's post shows Rask is up there as one of the best goalies of all time. Our fans should expect big things from him. He is simply better than his contemporaries. Most of the other assbags making what he earns are just big dudes with illegal over sized pads who block the net (Fleury/Bishop/Crawford.) And he has 5 years on Rinne and Lundquist 2 guys I think he is better than but very similar to career-wise so should be better than right now.

ANd I don't think our fans have been that hard on him. We would absolutely destroy a guy like MAF or Bishop if they played for us and carried an enormous cap hit.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Tuukka Rask has been the hottest thing on ice - The Boston Globe

There is an easy solution to ease the sufferings of the frostbitten masses: Huddle around Tuukka Rask.
The Bruins goalie is hot enough to make anybody within his perimeter peel off the layers. In his last 12 starts, Rask is 10-1-1 with a 1.43 goals-against average and a .943 save percentage. He has two shutouts within this 12-start segment, including a 25-save laugher Saturday in the Bruins’ 5-0 licking of Ottawa.
Of the 14 NHL goalies who have made 12 or more starts since Nov. 26, none has a higher save percentage than the skinny Finn — not the inimitable Carey Price, not Bruins killer Braden Holtby, not even Vezina favorite Sergei Bobrovsky.
“He’s dead-on,” said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy.

Square Hammer*

Jan 22, 2017
Khudobin would have been 11-0-0 with a .989 SV% & 0.91 GAA. Oh, and he would have brought peace to the middle east and discovered the cure for cancer, too.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah sure he went 9-0-1 and let in 13 goals, but I bet they were all soft and his fault.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Rask playing like an elite goaltender is the way he should play and is paid to do so. I'm glad to see he's turned it around again. He was probably the MVP of the team last season for the first 30 games or so before the wheels started to come off. This year, he's actually got support now with a revived Doby and a team defense that isn't allowing a lot of chances, so hopefully things don't fall apart for him down the stretch.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rask playing like an elite goaltender is the way he should play and is paid to do so. I'm glad to see he's turned it around again. He was probably the MVP of the team last season for the first 30 games or so before the wheels started to come off. This year, he's actually got support now with a revived Doby and a team defense that isn't allowing a lot of chances, so hopefully things don't fall apart for him down the stretch.

i play alot of espn fantasy hockey and always make sure to get rask on my teams... so i do alot of stat watching

what alot of people forgot last year is he was having a vezina season that first 30 games

of course as we know it went south... but then at end of year we leart he played hurt all year and needed surgury

isnt it strange how injuries in the groin can affect goalies?

and start of this year was concusion related... again how strange might that effect play?

rasks current stretch of hockey is very similar to career norms. weve seen multiple stretches of games where he plays like this

he is a past vezina goalie after all... and has taken a team to the cup finals too

people that talk about trading him when hes injured or making a 30 year old career backup the starter after a 10 game stretch of decent hockey really suffer a lack of credibility with me.

these same posters who were passionately trying to run rask out of town last month should have been ashamed of themselves then... but theres really no excuse for them not to be here today eating crow.

this guy rask has has an amazing career for us and this month is quite normal for him

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Rask was bad last night. ... he gave up a couple of softies before the Bruins willed their way to a 5-3 lead

the 4th goal was on a blunder by chara and bergeron in the PK. But what about that 5th goal? A goal scored from the outside of the outside..... Rask can't let that goal in

It would be nice to see Rask steal a high pressure game once in a while....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rask was bad last night. ... he gave up a couple of softies before the Bruins willed their way to a 5-3 lead

the 4th goal was on a blunder by chara and bergeron in the PK. But what about that 5th goal? A goal scored from the outside of the outside..... Rask can't let that goal in

Starting against first overall Tampa he won 11 games

Gotta say you nailed it all 11 wins looked low pressure games

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Starting against first overall Tampa he won 11 games

Gotta say you nailed it all 11 wins looked low pressure games

none of the games past games except vs the Caps compared to the intensity of last nights

The team play has been exceptional the last 12 games or so. Most shots coming from the outside

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
none of the games past games except vs the Caps compared to the intensity of last nights

The team play has been exceptional the last 12 games or so. Most shots coming from the outside
Yah he Sucks

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'd hate to be your kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad