TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
felicita!!!
I was going to cry of laughter at work... Peter just yelling FELICITA over and over, not even singing it.... holy **** that was too funny.

What does Lavoie say?

He says that Holtby takes deep breaths before every period and that getting a lot of oxygen in your lungs is good for athletes. Basically just saying that breathing is important.

Jul 6, 2016
Politics aside it proves the exact opposite.

Get yesterdays news in the newspaper today or see it happening live with twitter.

90% at least of all tweeter's feeds are garbage.
+ You can get all the news almost in real time, all the time.

Reactions: Laurentide

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can't listen to the audio but I see Tony had a segment on how easy it is to build a contender and used the jets as an example? I hope he realizes that some of the core pieces like Buffy, Enstrom and Wheeler were acquired back when they were the Thrashers and Scheifele, their number 1 center was drafted 7 years ago.

He was quickly corrected, as well. A bunch of the names he named were with the Thrashers before the relocation. But he still kept going.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Politics aside it proves the exact opposite.

Get yesterdays news in the newspaper today or see it happening live with twitter.
What news? Who's news? You don't even know if what you're getting is real or just some BS designed to get the tweet trending. There's no context. That's what the legitimate news media is for: to provide that much-needed context rather than just the noise.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
What news? Who's news? You don't even know if what you're getting is real or just some BS designed to get the tweet trending. There's no context. That's what the legitimate news media is for: to provide that much-needed context rather than just the noise.

If twitter is such BS why are all the major news networks on it?

And what is legitimate news? The same story can be spun in a ton of different directions. Twitter makes it easy to see all these perspectives plus you can get first hand accounts of events.

Is there a lot of noise? Ya sure but you can easily filter it out.

Its a useful tool

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Renaud Lavoie always pissing in our ears and telling us it's raining.

LavishInconsequentialCrossbill-max-1mb.gif

So sick of that guy with his excessive makeup and red blush on his cheeks.
With his stupid opinions and ideas.

Reactions: roy munson
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie always pissing in our ears and telling us it's raining.

View attachment 120857

So sick of that guy with his excessive makeup and red blush on his cheeks.
With his stupid opinions and ideas.

He turns every ordinary, meaningless subject into something much bigger than it should. Always. And he says all that like he's talking to a group of 3rd graders.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He turns every ordinary, meaningless subject into something much bigger than it should. Always. And he says all that like he's talking to a group of 3rd graders.
Out of all the idiots in the French media covering the Habs he is the guy i hate the most. Actually i hate Mario "Le Bleuet" Tremblay waaay more.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I am amazed on how the media can turn this stuff upside down............GM's talk all the time, names get mentioned etc which doesn't mean those names are being traded, or even shopped, so to speak..............
The media whether it's Dreger, Freedman, etc are all making stuff up as they go..............they speculate, just like the guys on here do.............
Rumour has it, the Habs really need a Centre this off season............it's not really journalism is it...?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Brunet was on 690 the other day. Said Habs had Gerald Gallant on their radar if they couldn't sign Julien. Could see a W. Karlsson solving our center position if this had occurred.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Brunet was on 690 the other day. Said Habs had Gerald Gallant on their radar if they couldn't sign Julien. Could see a W. Karlsson solving our center position if this had occurred.

Karlsson was part of the Expansion Draft. If Habs had hired Gallant, Karlsson would still be part of the Golden Knights.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While on the subject of 690, I can't take that snooping neanderthal who checks up on what his wife is doing while surfing the internet in that Montreal Auto Prix commercial.

They changed it recently as he was super creepy obsessed, came across as a #metoo maggot who was all too controlling and rude.

Now they have him preparing breakfast for his wife but still snooping on her. And still sounds like a neanderthal.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
While on the subject of 690, I can't take that snooping neanderthal who checks up on what his wife is doing while surfing the internet in that Montreal Auto Prix commercial.

They changed it recently as he was super creepy obsessed, came across as a #metoo maggot who was all too controlling and rude.

Now they have him preparing breakfast for his wife but still snooping on her. And still sounds like a neanderthal.
I haven't noticed yet....unlike the Carlos and Pepe's commercial, that was previously super stereotypical Mexican, then replaced by a super white guy over-articulating every word, making sure to pronounce every word perfectly , then ending with his understated, lifeless arriba....

Now they're back to the super Mexican version again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I haven't noticed yet....unlike the Carlos and Pepe's commercial, that was previously super stereotypical Mexican, then replaced by a super white guy over-articulating every word, making sure to pronounce every word perfectly , then ending with his understated, lifeless arriba....

Now they're back to the super Mexican version again.

Yeah, they had Dan Laxer of CJAD doing the voice over. He is as bland as they come. His "arriba" lacked a lot of conviction, as laid back as his name suggests. And as one poster showed, Carlos and Pepe's isn't even Mexican-owned and operated -- it's a convenient advertising gimmick using stong accents for effect. I don't think they're fooling too many people.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Yeah, they had Dan Laxer of CJAD doing the voice over. He is as bland as they come. His "arriba" lacked a lot of conviction, as laid back as his name suggests. And as one poster showed, Carlos and Pepe's isn't even Mexican-owned and operated -- it's a convenient advertising gimmick using stong accents for effect. I don't think they're fooling too many people.
Haha, when I heard it, I was thinking "I don't think you're allowed to use that voice anymore", they're gonna get in trouble, unless they are actually Mexican. Then it was gone, but now it's back.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When I tune into Tony's show and he's talking soccer I usually turn it off and try again at noon for Habs lunch. Today though I've kept him on hoping I was gonna hear a grown man cry on air over how bad the Impact are. :)

I thought it was really gonna happen when a texter or twitter user said he would stop going to the stadium if they traded Piatti. Emotional Tony told him and any others like him to just stay away because they (whomever they are) don't need fans like him there who only go to watch one player. Campbell piped up saying that statement kinda insulted him because fans show up for many different reasons. I don't often agree with Campbell but who the hell is Tony Marinaro to tell anyone to stay home?

Last season I once heard Tony complaining about the Impact not getting enough attention and now he's on the air telling fans to stay home because "they" (again whomever they are) don't want fans there who only go to see one player. :dunno:

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Trading Alex Galchenyuk would be a treacherous task for Marc Bergevin

"He isn’t dealing from a position of strength given he’s made it clear he desperately wants to improve certain areas. He’ll likely be moving a player who hasn’t hit his full potential due heavily to injuries, inconsistent deployments, and other coaching factors."

what I read is : Marc is desperately trying to save his job and other GMs know this.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad