TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Some are witty at least. The Habs one exposed him/herself big time, it's not like we can mock anyone.

The Habs Twitter is more for kids and teens I’d say. The ones that are awful are the Kings Twitter. They try way too hard to be funny.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Has anyone seen Le 5 a 7's sketch today? It's hilarious, I laughed my ass off. Their impressions are bang on. It was pretty sarcastic but still some pretty nasty stuff said lol

Reactions: Bryson

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Has anyone seen Le 5 a 7's sketch today? It's hilarious, I laughed my ass off. Their impressions are bang on. It was pretty sarcastic but still some pretty nasty stuff said lol

Didn't watch it but the Habs have become the joke of the NHL it seems. :( The purple suit is a nice touch. :)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It should not be for kids, though. That's the thing.

I would say it should be. Us adults are already sucked in and can’t get away from this shit team. They need to draw in fans of the future through any means necessary because the on ice product certainly won’t attract them :laugh:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I bet someone will lose his or her job today except if he or she is a member of the fox hole or Maried to a member of mb immediate family

Reactions: Laurentide

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Doubling down on stupid:

I get what they are trying to do, but it seems a little forced. Reminds me of Poochie the Dog on Simpsons.

To be fair, I think it’s a hard transformation to make at the best of times. Trying to convince an angry and weary fan base you are now “with it” and funny is pretty much impossible.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I get what they are trying to do, but it seems a little forced. Reminds me of Poochie the Dog on Simpsons.

To be fair, I think it’s a hard transformation to make at the best of times. Trying to convince an angry and weary fan base you are now “with it” and funny is pretty much impossible.
I don't care how "with it" they are on social media. What they fail to grasp is this basic rule: you only get to crack wise when you win. When you do not win, you just shut up and go about your business. You have to earn the right to talk smack. It's the same thing I preach to entitled Leafs fans. If you want to trash talk with the big boys you have to actually achieve something first. You don't get to make jokes when your team is a joke.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't care how "with it" they are on social media. What they fail to grasp is this basic rule: you only get to crack wise when you win. When you do not win, you just shut up and go about your business. You have to earn the right to talk smack. It's the same thing I preach to entitled Leafs fans. If you want to trash talk with the big boys you have to actually achieve something first. You don't get to make jokes when your team is a joke.
who cares really...

Habs twitter cracked a joke on Marchand and Marchand clapped back...end of story.

Reactions: habdynasty

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
who cares really...

Habs twitter cracked a joke on Marchand and Marchand clapped back...end of story.
Habs twitter did nothing in that tweet to enhance my "fan experience" but they were "transparent" in their ignorance and got crushed for it. Even the local radio jocks here in Vancouver were laughing this morning about how badly the Habs twitter account got played, and they've hated Marchand and the Bruins since 2011.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs twitter did nothing in that tweet to enhance my "fan experience" but they were "transparent" in their ignorance and got crushed for it. Even the local radio jocks here in Vancouver were laughing this morning about how badly the Habs twitter account got played, and they've hated Marchand and the Bruins since 2011.
who cares lol

Habs twitter is one guy or girl who clearly got ahead of themselves. No reason to make this any more relevant than it is.

Surely you couldn't have been waiting for the Habs twitter account to "enhance your fan experience".

Marchand was being clowned on twitter left, right and center for 2 days, by everyone and anyone.

Reactions: David Suzuki

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
who cares lol

Habs twitter is one guy or girl who clearly got ahead of themselves. No reason to make this any more relevant than it is.

Surely you couldn't have been waiting for the Habs twitter account to "enhance your fan experience".

Marchand was being clowned on twitter left, right and center for 2 days, by everyone and anyone.

No it's proof above all that the Habs have fallen off!!! In the 1970's their twitter account never posted stuff like this!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Guys don't fall asleep on this especially if you speak french. This was a quality roast. Honestly if the french media are starting to turn on Bergevin, his days are numbered.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Guys don't fall asleep on this especially if you speak french. This was a quality roast. Honestly if the french media are starting to turn on Bergevin, his days are numbered.
They wouldn't want him to have the job if they couldn't roast him. The media doesn't care if the Habs win or lose as long as they provide fodder for them to sell ads in their newspapers and on their TV and radio airwaves. A dumpster fire is as entertaining as a Cup parade and just as lucrative. The Toronto media never had any issues selling newspapers or filling air time when Harold Ballard was in charge of the Leafs. It's the same reason why drivers slow down to look at traffic accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad