TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
I agree. It's an inconvenience but you can find the game on RDS if you don't mind watching it in french. Plus Pierre Houde is a better play by play guy than Bartlett in my opinion.

Oh I really dont care about the play by play. I want to hear the intermission analysis when Mike Johnson or Pierre Lebrun are on.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Oh I really dont care about the play by play. I want to hear the intermission analysis when Mike Johnson or Pierre Lebrun are on.

Yeah. Not a fan of Denis Gauthier unless it was NHL 04 :laugh:. Johnson is probably one of my favourite analysts on TSN. I'm glad he's back.

Reactions: PaulD

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Does TSN690 have downloadable podcasts of their shows anywhere?

Thanks

I'm not sure if there's any downloadable podcasts or not but you can listen to some audio segments from guys like McKenzie, McGuire, Lebrun, etc.. and any other interesting tidbits throughout the day. I'm not sure if they have podcasts of entire shows or not but they do post quite a bit of material to their webpage in the "Audio" and "Shows" sections..

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not that i know of and its annoying . Toronto has em and has 100 % of their segments broken down but you know Toronto....

Yes, its quite handy. I can access of all them through a podcatcher

I'm not sure if there's any downloadable podcasts or not but you can listen to some audio segments from guys like McKenzie, McGuire, Lebrun, etc.. and any other interesting tidbits throughout the day. I'm not sure if they have podcasts of entire shows or not but they do post quite a bit of material to their webpage in the "Audio" and "Shows" sections..

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690

Ya, I use that if I need to, but unfortunately streaming is not reliable in my office. See above for what I do for TSN1050 stuff.

Thanks, though

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Its the radio you need diversity. I get most people want everyone at 690 to rip the habs to shreds but you need differnt POV. Some of us fans like the team etc and don't mind hearing a voice that echo's those sentiments, just like some fans just want to here trashing all day.

If everyone praised habs all day it wouldn't be good, but same goes for bashing the team all day.

Please! Diversity is fine, but it should take a back seat to reasoned argument. Same thing in reverse: if someone denigrates no matter what, that is also disingenuous and grating to listen to. Have you listened to Nilan? His show might as well be called Off The Cuff With Chris Nilan Sponsored By The Montreal Canadiens. If it were, at least you would know what you're getting when you tune in.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Does TSN690 have downloadable podcasts of their shows anywhere?

Thanks

They discussed this on Melnick's show a while back and management has taken the conscious decision to not allow downloadable podcasts on places like iTunes so that it forces people to visit their website. They want the clicks. I think it's a stupid decision, but that's apparently the reason.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys

Sorry if this was already asked.

Is there any legal way to watch habs games other than the traditional Bell/Videotron cable?

Thanks

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Some TSN idiot with Nilan seriously just said 'When the bullets start flying and the puck drops' .. then giggled and said 'I guess that's not appropriate'. Nilan says 'No it isn't' and the dolt giggles again... I just caught it, what a serious tool

What a clueless bunch of idiots on this show, and its playing in the background all day..Edit it was Coleman who said it

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hey guys

Is there any legal way to watch habs games other than the traditional Bell/Videotron cable?

Thanks

Center Ice but if you are in MTL then expect black outs. Maybe DAZN but I don't think they stream TSN, I know they have all NFL games.

Outside of that all you got left is not so legal ways.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys

Thanks

In one of the GDTs, someone posted a link to a Facebook group that could answer your question. I tried the search function but unfortunately it didn't come up.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The Montreal media is a bad state right now. They're all terrible across the board. The only one with a head on straight right now is Arpon.

It seems like the rest are struggling with the fact that the democratization of media has caused them to lose control of the narrative that accompanies the club. The English media in particular is more focused on attacking and proving fans wrong than reporting these days. It's quite pathetic.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
In one of the GDTs, someone posted a link to a Facebook group that could answer your question. I tried the search function but unfortunately it didn't come up.

hockeydabeast I think if I am not mistaken.

But I wouldn't consider that legal per say, more like gray area. and BTW I watched the last 3 pre season games and it worked flawlessly so far.

I know another gray area one but I don't want to post because I think its against site rules...

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The Montreal media is a bad state right now. They're all terrible across the board. The only one with a head on straight right is Arpon.

It seems like the rest are struggling with the fact that the democratization of media has caused them to lose control of the narrative that accompanies the club. The English media is particular is more focused on attacking and proving fans wrong than reporting these days. It's quite pathetic.

Yesterday I read the sports section in the Gazette for the first time in awhile. Jack Todd, the pompous ass hat, wrote an article calling people who criticized the Habs management as haters.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The Montreal media is a bad state right now. They're all terrible across the board. The only one with a head on straight right is Arpon.

It seems like the rest are struggling with the fact that the democratization of media has caused them to lose control of the narrative that accompanies the club. The English media is particular is more focused on attacking and proving fans wrong than reporting these days. It's quite pathetic.

The Athletic Montreal/Athletique Montreal is excellent.

Reactions: Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad