TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I couldn't get over their self love on twitter enough to subscribe

Your loss mate. But if ego drives you away from reading stuff related to sports, probably stay away from traditional sports media as well. These boards too.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yesterday I read the sports section in the Gazette for the first time in awhile. Jack Todd, the pompous ass hat, wrote an article calling people who criticized the Habs management as haters.

Thanks for posting about that article. I just went and read it. Why is it so bad that fans criticize management when they don't like the direction the team is going or the job being done by management. Sure some fans overreact but that's the case with many large fanbases and not only the Habs fanbase. Does Jack Todd expect all fans to think that everything is great and we should happy and support the team no matter what?

There seemed to be a shift in the lack of support for MB after he sat by and watched his team implode the year Price got hurt and he did absolutely nothing. Although IMO what really seemed to really turn fans from him was the day he traded Subban. That trade just ticked off a lot of Hab fans. Also keeping MT for far too long certainly didn't help gain any support back for himself.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Mcguire is a mess guys, a real hate on for the Habs...he is consistantly crapping on them, for years now...

I remember the Markov / Komi quote during a Leaf game, years ago...the guy is such a joke...

He seems way worse since being back on the air with Melnick to start this Habs season. He seems extra salty and douchy this year. It's like Pierre really believes that he's smarter than everyone else involved in hockey and what he says is always correct. I hope Mete plays great for the entire season just to prove this guy wrong yet again.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He seems way worse since being back on the air with Melnick to start this Habs season. He seems extra salty and *****y this year. It's like Pierre really believes that he's smarter than everyone else involved in hockey and what he says is always correct. I hope Mete plays great for the entire season just to prove this guy wrong yet again.

worse part is if Mete gets sent back down he will come on the air with his I told you so, what did I say Mitch etc...

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Hey guys

Sorry if this was already asked.

Is there any legal way to watch habs games other than the traditional Bell/Videotron cable?

Thanks

Dazn and another site called SetTV. They carry NFL and supposedly hockey too but last time I asked DAZN if they have the hockey package they said it was't working right now. DAZN was having trouble with NFL, lots of people complaining. They offered subscribers an extra free 30 days while they fix it. Soon as you go to their website there is a chat at the bottom of the screen. You can ask them if they have the hockey working. DAZN and settv is $20 a month. You can load it on 3 devices. I know the NFL was better on settv. Both I believe have a free 3 day trial so you can check it out see how you like it first. You also get movies, KHL and bunch of other stuff to watch. Best is to check it out yourself. Here are the links.

http://watch.dazn.com/en-CA/sports/

https://www.setvnow.com/#jwalk99

Last edited:
Reactions: Luigi Habs

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
worse part is if Mete gets sent back down he will come on the air with his I told you so, what did I say Mitch etc...

McGuire put himself in a win-win unless Mete breaks out and has a borderline Calder season lol Even then he would find a way around it lol

If he gets sent down , McGuire will say I told you so
If we keep him and he becomes a bottom pairing or gets destroyed , McGuire will say I told you say and add it to his list of Players Ruined

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yesterday I read the sports section in the Gazette for the first time in awhile. Jack Todd, the pompous ass hat, wrote an article calling people who criticized the Habs management as haters.

It's not enough that I had to put up with his sorry-ass face as one of the draft dodgers who was interviewed in Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary. I guess I'm also a "hater" on account of that.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I tuned into a bit of Tony's show this morning and he mentioned there being some empty seats at the practice arena this year compared to last season. Said he doesn't feel there's the usual buzz about the Habs this season and even back to last years playoffs. Fans starting to tune the Habs out a bit?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Mcguire is a mess guys, a real hate on for the Habs...he is consistantly crapping on them, for years now...

I remember the Markov / Komi quote during a Leaf game, years ago...the guy is such a joke...

More bitter than hatre I think.

I think he sees himself as a guy that could have done a better job than Bergevin had he been given the chance. I think he actually likes the team.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
McGuire is exaggerating as usual. Mete might not even be here at the end of October.
He raves about Sergachev, and we did the same thing with him last year
There is nothing wrong in keeping him around for the first few games and even take him on the California trip.

BintZ

Nov 4, 2007
Amsterdam
Can anyone confirm whether tonight's game will be blacked out on TSN2 for Montrealers with videotron? Most of the preseason games were blacked out so I'm assuming that will be the case all season.

It's incredibly annoying that videotron won't let me have RDS without taking RDS2 since my plan only includes 10 channels to begin with. I have NHL gamecenter but i'm sure the game will be blacked out. Fortunately I know of other ways to stream the game but it's a nuisance nonetheless

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From this morning's Marinaro show, another gem. He was interviewing Mete's mom, asking about his heritage and as soon as she said that both she and her husband are Italian, Marinaro saw an opening for his usual schtick (paraphrased):

Marinaro: Did your son play soccer?"
Mete's mom: He did.
Marinaro: Really?
Mete's mom: Only one year.
Marinaro: Oh ... however, I imagine you and your husband love soccer?
Mete's mom: Not really. It's slow and boring, my sport is hockey.
Marinaro: (caught off guard)

:laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listening to Ray Ferraro earlier and Melnick asked him if the Habs will make the playoffs and Ferraro said he didn't pick them to make it.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Is Chris Nilan the only host of a show who has his own show that doesn't really lead and control it? Coleman or whoever ese is with him for his show always starts up a topic or subject and then has to prod Nilan into responding to which he always begins with the phrase "yeah, and again..." when he hasnt even said anything yet.

I tend to notice Nilan is always sort of directed or prodded with a question to get him going, no matter the segment or show.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nilan is far from a radio personality and can't even tell a story without interrupting himself with pauses, hems, haws and "again".

And to make matters worse, this afternoon he made a lewd comment involving a sexual situation which is totally inappropriate for a daytime audience. And he seemed proud of himself for having attempted it. Jeez Nilan, get a grip.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Listening to Ray Ferraro earlier and Melnick asked him if the Habs will make the playoffs and Ferraro said he didn't pick them to make it.

I like Ferraro. He is the best analyst during games. But one thing I will say, this year, they are all saying the same things they were saying last year. Last year, Habs were either missing the playoffs or be a bubble team or just squeeze in as a Wild Card team. I respect a lot of these analysts (minus McGuire), but I do not hold any of their opinions on these matters too seriously.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I like Ferraro. He is the best analyst during games. But one thing I will say, this year, they are all saying the same things they were saying last year. Last year, Habs were either missing the playoffs or be a bubble team or just squeeze in as a Wild Card team. I respect a lot of these analysts (minus McGuire), but I do not hold any of their opinions on these matters too seriously.
I find Le brun and miller the most truthfull,but could be good showmanship.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Nilan is far from a radio personality and can't even tell a story without interrupting himself with pauses, hems, haws and "again".

And to make matters worse, this afternoon he made a lewd comment involving a sexual situation which is totally inappropriate for a daytime audience. And he seemed proud of himself for having attempted it. Jeez Nilan, get a grip.

I dont know how anyone can honestly sit there and listen to Nilan, He is awful, I wanna put my head through a wall when I hear him.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Another thing lately is this whole Coleman and Gallo "hype" on their station. They make a big deal of it when Gallo joins the scrum a half hour in....they constantly prop his shows up and now he's doing a spot for this pillow, and he doesnt come off naturally although he improved slightly from when he just began it. Plus he has a commercial ad for it, on top of already slotting in moments to dedicate a pillow to somebody for whatever reason. I cant really take it, and the guy is a Leafs fan which makes things worse. Just too much of them, but Gallo especially.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Another thing lately is this whole Coleman and Gallo "hype" on their station. They make a big deal of it when Gallo joins the scrum a half hour in....they constantly prop his shows up and now he's doing a spot for this pillow, and he doesnt come off naturally although he improved slightly from when he just began it. Plus he has a commercial ad for it, on top of already slotting in moments to dedicate a pillow to somebody for whatever reason. I cant really take it, and the guy is a Leafs fan which makes things worse. Just too much of them, but Gallo especially.

I stopped listening to Melnick show because I cant handle Gallo or that stupid laugh from Rod Francis.
Nilan drives me up the walls with his hew, huh, ha, stuttering every 4 words
McKenna is the worst and Marinaro tries to be funny when he really isnt.

Basically I tune in way Bob Mckenzie, Ray Ferraro, Gord Miller or Pierre Lebrun are on, thats about it

Reactions: JJ68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad