Player Discussion Troy Terry

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Is he snakebitten right now or what?
Is it a slump? Coaching?
Not really snakebitten. I think it's a combination of things. First, the Ducks spend 70% of games in their own zone so scoring opportunities are few and far between. Second, the PP has emphasized getting one timers for McTavish lately and Terry hasn't had many PP shots. Third, opposing D are more familiar with his moves and are doing a better job of keeping him to the outside.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not really snakebitten. I think it's a combination of things. First, the Ducks spend 70% of games in their own zone so scoring opportunities are few and far between. Second, the PP has emphasized getting one timers for McTavish lately and Terry hasn't had many PP shots. Third, opposing D are more familiar with his moves and are doing a better job of keeping him to the outside.
This, plus he’s trying too hard, because his linemates are either streaky (Henrique) or have been in a funk (Zegras), or are a rookie who sometimes is lights out/sometimes a half-second behind the speed of the game (McTavish.

Reactions: Boo Boo and Deuce22

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Look at those crossovers the entire way up the ice, love to see it.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Agreed, still very scary and risky but I'm sure they're in good hands and I hope it all ends well. Would not even blame Terry if he had to sit out home games as well.

It is a scary situation. I think the baby isn't due for several weeks, so even though it sounds like it is a risky pregnancy, it must be a relief that she didn't deliver yet.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Not sure if anyone's heard anything about Terry's situation with his baby, so hope he's alright.

Where do we see his contract landing?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Based on comparable contracts, I’d expect 8 years between 7 and 7.5 per.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Verbeek is not giving out 8 year contracts.. He said he isn't already. We will see
No he didn’t.

And there is a difference between giving an 8 year deal to a 28 year old defensemen with 9 seasons of miles on his legs and multiple long term injuries to show for it, and a 25 year old with only 4 seasons on his legs and no major injuries.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
No he didn’t.

And there is a difference between giving an 8 year deal to a 28 year old defensemen with 9 seasons of miles on his legs and multiple long term injuries to show for it, and a 25 year old with only 4 seasons on his legs and no major injuries.
Terry has had 2 major injuries already.. yes hes young.. But he had had a busted shoulder and busted knee.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Terry has had 2 major injuries already.. yes hes young.. But he had had a busted shoulder and busted knee.
Our definition of major is clearly not the same. Terry has not had to have anything surgically repaired. Pretty sure Hampus has had 2 surgeries for labrum repairs.

And surgeries aside, are you actually going to disagree that Hampus had a hard time staying healthy?

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad