Jun 16, 2012
He’s got a lot of talent. Got to
Be patient with him as he figures out his game

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He takes one extra second or makes one extra move when in dangerous areas, but it's easy to see once he makes that adjustment he is going to be very good in the offensive zone.

He made a lot of plays tonight right near the net that easily could have given him a multi-point game if not for excellent goaltending.

Oct 18, 2011
Watched the condensed highlights, Terry was involved in 4 very good scoring chances. During the live viewing I thought each period he got better, kid is getting valuable experience

Reactions: Trojans86

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He has a knack for offense that simply can't be taught. As he gains strength and learns what he can get away with at this level, this kid will just continue to look better and better.

He was all around the puck last night and even seemed a bit more physically aggressive.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Kid should put on a little bit of bulk so he doesn't get knocked around so much - he's almost as lanky as Pettersson.

Offensive instincts started to show this game - it's almost as if he was too willing to let Getzlaf and Rakell drive all the play, and didn't know what to do with himself.

Reactions: Doothpick

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Best for the player and the Ducks. He’s clearly not ready - while he showed flashes the number of times plays died on his stick was too many to justify the odd flashes.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good that he's been sent down, he was pretty bad this season to be honest. As others have said, he just needs to get stronger and get use to the pro game - glad he had a strong AHL debut.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
And an assist. Was in on the first 3 goals.
Before last night Milwaukee was 4-0-1, they are a strong team, and Terry just basically walked all over them, being the main reason for all our first 3 goals, being the dominant guy in them. Small sample size but very promising.
We just have to be patient with Terry as he will need to improve and adjust to the NHL level but man, he can be a difference maker for years to come, it seems.
PS
Eakins said he had a conversation with Troy after he was sent down. I like how Eakins handles Terrys situation, too.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry posted on his Instagram he's wearing 61 cause it's 19 backwards haha

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Terry posted on his Instagram he's wearing 61 cause it's 19 backwards haha

Pretty sure it’s Perrys old number. That can’t be a bad thing.

Also are we still doing the rookie number thing? Nobody else is wearing 19 but I thought we abandoned the whole High number thing.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Pretty sure it’s Perrys old number. That can’t be a bad thing.

Also are we still doing the rookie number thing? Nobody else is wearing 19 but I thought we abandoned the whole High number thing.

I always thought that that was a Burke "earn it" type of thing. Personally, I'm all for that type of mentality, but whatever. Rakell still rocks 67 (no idea if that was a "rookie" number), which I think is actually really cool because off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who has ever wore that silly number.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I always thought that that was a Burke "earn it" type of thing. Personally, I'm all for that type of mentality, but whatever. Rakell still rocks 67 (no idea if that was a "rookie" number), which I think is actually really cool because off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who has ever wore that silly number.

Yeah Rakell is wearing 67 which is pretty unique and cool but also Hampus is still 47 and Manson is 42. Meanwhile Larsson, a rookie is 32. I thought it was a Burke thing too that dragged on a bit in Murray’s first half dozen years.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Rakell’s was definitely just a rookie number. But I’m pretty sure he said he kept it for the simple reason that a lot of fans had already bought his jersey with that number.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Looked pretty decent against the Wild. Definitely nice to see him playing with some more confidence, Jones-Grant-Terry has makings of a handy line for this season.

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
He needs more NHL ice time to develop. Fairly owns AHL ice, and certainly displayed solid skills last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad