Proposal: Trouba to Toronto

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
LOL take a walk. cmon now.
You think that Brown, who would contribute in our third line, Dermott, who would not crack the roster at all, and a first round pick is a good return for a 1D? We would be a surefire lottery team without Trouba, and I'm not entirely sure if that's an option our management wants to explore.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
LOL take a walk. cmon now.

He's not wrong, albeit Matthews would never be traded. Nothing else on the Leafs 1 for 1 would do it, based on last years results. No interest in ten dimes for my dollar either, like OP.

Marner - Nope, last thing we need is more offensive scoring wingers.

Kadri - No chance

Gardiner - Nope, not with his contract status

Reilly - Coming off a bad year

Nylander - Only piece maybe and only if he proves he can excel at C at the nhl level while producing. According to Leaf fans he won't get a sniff of C this year barring injuries. So this means the same thing as Marner, no interest in a winger.

Nothing else is remotely close. All the above players are nice players, but they either don't fill a need or contract status not good or just aren't on the same value level as Trouba.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
You think that Brown, who would contribute in our third line, Dermott, who would not crack the roster at all, and a first round pick is a good return for a 1D? We would be a surefire lottery team without Trouba, and I'm not entirely sure if that's an option our management wants to explore.

That seems extreme, your roster definitely doesn't look the part of a lottery team even without Trouba, have a feeling that it's gonna start to look better soon

fair enough on the OP, it's bad for the Jets, and obviously Matthews isn't going anywhere so we're at a stalemate and this should die

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
If he's so bad, why is damn near every team in the league after him? Not just their fans, but their actual GMs? If he was going to be traded for scraps it would have happened when he was holding out last season.

What exactly gives you that impression? Barring being a scrub, when a guy holds out, every GM in the league will inquire to see if they can get him for scraps. That's just due diligence.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To Toronto: Trouba

To Winipeg: Brown + Dermott + 2018 1st

But before the trade happens the Leafs are given permission to ask if the money is right would he resign in Toronto
Leafs pass, that's a sizeable over payment.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Leafs pass, that's a sizeable over payment.

As Jennifer Lawrence would say "ok, ok".

AHL D prospect with no chance of breaking our lineup, mid range 1st to a team loaded with prospects already and a guy who slots in on our 3rd line is a "sizeable over payment". Ok buddy....

Even other Leaf fans say that's not going to get it done, but you think it's a "sizeable over payment". Ok, ok. :thumbu:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That seems extreme, your roster definitely doesn't look the part of a lottery team even without Trouba, have a feeling that it's gonna start to look better soon

fair enough on the OP, it's bad for the Jets, and obviously Matthews isn't going anywhere so we're at a stalemate and this should die
I have seen way more than enough from the Jets without Trouba to know that it is not a far-fetched scenario at all. He is by far the best defensive defenseman we have, and when he has not been taking the toughest assignments and PKing, it has not been pretty.

Other than that, I agree.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
The Leafs are building with high character players, Trouba isn’t a fit.

That makes no sense.....especially with a team who employs Leo & Kadri.

What angle are you going to try next? B/c he's an American he isn't good character guy, oh wait better not use that angle on the Leafs. What about guys from Michigan are terrible people. Oh brother....

jetsjetsjets

Jan 11, 2016
This offer is insulting. Brown had 1 more even strength point in 22 more games, Dermott isn't a blue chip prospect, and the 1st will probably be middle to late. Jets would get much, much better value without any sort of extension talks. He would easily be the Leafs #1 defenceman.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

What angle are you going to try next? B/c he's an American he isn't good character guy, oh wait better not use that angle on the Leafs. What about guys from Michigan are terrible people. Oh brother....
It’s funny how quickly people forget.

Kadri and Komorov didn’t think the rules shouldn’t apply to them, and that they shouldn’t have to put in 7 years? They tried to force their way out of town?

Kadri and Komorov are both ‘team first’ players, literally the opposite of Jacob Trouba.

Reactions: NarcoPolo

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Kadri and Komorov didn’t think the rules shouldn’t apply to them, and that they shouldn’t have to put in 7 years? They tried to force their way out of town?

Kadri and Komorov are both ‘team first’ players, literally the opposite of Jacob Trouba.
If your future earnings were affected by having to drag Mark Stuart around for two years, you would be very, very disappointed with your situation too. Not that I believe that there isn't more to the story, but Trouba was utilised to offset the fact that we had an anvil as our defenseman for way too long. Then again, with the amount of misinformation you're throwing out there, I don't think facts matter all that much to you.

Reactions: Hunter368

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012

It makes perfect sense. Trouba is entitled, just like Drouin is. He literally tried to walk out on his teammates after his ELC was up and came up with some pretty stupid excuses why. Great player obviously, but not someone I'd want to surround younger players with.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Don't think the rules apply to him? Dude you have a hate on for a player b/c he's ACTUALLY following the CA as it's written and wants to maximize his earning potential in a short career? Trouba has not broken any rules or contract agreement. Wow....Let me guess are you one of the Leaf fans expecting AM to sign a team friendly deal take a discount at 9 million per year? Haha, AM will take as much as his agent can reasonably get.

Kadri & Leo sign their deals b/c at the time they thought they were good deals for them.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It makes perfect sense. Trouba is entitled, just like Drouin is. He literally tried to walk out on his teammates after his ELC was up and came up with some pretty stupid excuses why. Great player obviously, but not someone I'd want to surround younger players with.

More false information to fit the agenda but good try. Trouba completely filled his contractual expectations. He simply didn't sign a new deal, which he is not obligated to sign as per the CA...instead he first asked for a trade and then revoked the trade request and sign a new extension. There was no "walking out" on his team mates. Drouin situation was completely different, Drouin was under contract and did walk out on his team mates and employer. You really need to do your homework better.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
If your future earnings were affected by having to drag Mark Stuart around for two years, you would be very, very disappointed with your situation too. Not that I believe that there isn't more to the story, but Trouba was utilised to offset the fact that we had an anvil as our defenseman for way too long. Then again, with the amount of misinformation you're throwing out there, I don't think facts matter all that much to you.
What have I said that’s factually incorrect? Trouba wanted to play somewhere else despite not putting in the years to have that choice like everyone else. He thought he was special and he should be an exception. He requested a trade and was absent from training camp. It wasn’t about money, it was about him not wanting to respect the process that everyone else had to.
Don't think the rules apply to him? Dude you have a hate on for a player b/c he's ACTUALLY following the CA as it's written and wants to maximize his earning potential in a short career? Trouba has not broken any rules or contract agreement. Wow....Let me guess are you one of the Leaf fans expecting AM to sign a team friendly deal take a discount at 9 million per year? Haha, AM will take as much as his agent can reasonably get.

Kadri & Leo sign their deals b/c at the time they thought they were good deals for them.
It was never about money. He doesn’t like Winnipeg and apparently doesn’t want to play in Canada. He tried to force his way out by asking for a trade and more money than he was worth.

Trouba is an entitled little *****, I want him nowhere near any of the teams I cheer for... I say this as a Red Wings fan as well, who some believe to be Trouba’s preference.

Reactions: NarcoPolo

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017

Komarov and Kadri are rats but they're 100% team players.

There hasn't been one instance of either player putting themselves ahead of the team.

That said, I have no issues with Trouba asking for a trade. He played out his ELC and shouldn't be criticized for preferring to play elsewhere.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What have I said that’s factually incorrect? Trouba wanted to play somewhere else despite not putting in the years to have that choice like everyone else. He thought he was special and he should be an exception. He requested a trade and was absent from training camp. It wasn’t about money, it was about him not wanting to respect the process that everyone else had to.
I only see a couple of claims that you are unable to prove. Or, if you wish, you can prove me wrong. I highly doubt you are able to.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I only see a couple of claims that you are unable to prove. Or, if you wish, you can prove me wrong. I highly doubt you are able to.
Which are?

Everything I’ve said in this thread has been published by a reliable source at some point in the process.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

On this one, i will argue with you. One would assume that poster was talking about Trouba holding out when speaking of character. Now, if anybody has a reason to turn a middle finger up to his team, it's Kadri....Ron Wilson and the former management treated him like shit...and he still just signed a very team friendly contract.

And who could dislike Uncle Leo??:laugh:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
He's not wrong, albeit Matthews would never be traded. Nothing else on the Leafs 1 for 1 would do it, based on last years results. No interest in ten dimes for my dollar either, like OP.

Marner - Nope, last thing we need is more offensive scoring wingers.

Kadri - No chance

Gardiner - Nope, not with his contract status

Reilly - Coming off a bad year

Nylander - Only piece maybe and only if he proves he can excel at C at the nhl level while producing. According to Leaf fans he won't get a sniff of C this year barring injuries. So this means the same thing as Marner, no interest in a winger.

Nothing else is remotely close. All the above players are nice players, but they either don't fill a need or contract status not good or just aren't on the same value level as Trouba.

Kadri is a "No chance". Really tells a lot of how much you watch/follow the Leafs.

1) Kadri is on a long term deal for $4.5m/yr
2) Last year Kadri got 30 goals playing on the 3rd line
3) Kadri is 2g2a in 3 games played this year

Now take into account everything else he brings to the table. He is a center playing against other teams best lines every night. He is creative offensive player who can play on your PP and PK.
But you are right, Kadri is a "No chance"...give me a break

Reactions: david999

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It was never about money. He doesn’t like Winnipeg and apparently doesn’t want to play in Canada. He tried to force his way out by asking for a trade and more money than he was worth.

Trouba is an entitled little *****, I want him nowhere near any of the teams I cheer for... I say this as a Red Wings fan as well, who some believe to be Trouba’s preference.

This is all just your uninformed opinion with no facts. In reality both Trouba and his agent debunked the whole not wanting to play in Canada or Winnipeg rumours (now you can choose to believe them or not, but that is their words). Plus "wanting more money then he's worth"? How did you come up with this gem considering Chevy, Trouba and his agent all confirmed money was never discussed not a single time.

If you don't like the guy cool, everyone is entitled to an opinion but let's not make up lies to fit your personal opinion/bias.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
On this one, i will argue with you. One would assume that poster was talking about Trouba holding out when speaking of character. Now, if anybody has a reason to turn a middle finger up to his team, it's Kadri....Ron Wilson and the former management treated him like ****...and he still just signed a very team friendly contract.

And who could dislike Uncle Leo??:laugh:

In end he was talking about off ice actions, I was referring to on ice actions.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
im not sure the leafs could afford trouba even if an actual trade could be worked out.

Assuming matthews, marner, and nylander are going to cost around $25 million, it would be tough to sign another player who will likely cost $7 million +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad