Proposal: Trouba to Toronto

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He wouldve been top 7 in points and top 4 in goals on the oilers last season. "Maybe 4th liner on the oilers" my ass

McDavid, Drai, Maroon, Lucic, Rnh, Letestu, strome, jokinen(8 less points in 13 less games similar ppg). Not to mention the guys who are off the team now and guys who were injured with better ppg

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Your evaluations of every single leafs player is embarrassingly terrible.

Seems every leafs related thread, you can count on Ctrain2k to be on the first page trolling.

I think this might be the one of the first leafs proposal I’ve commented on lol

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Ok I like Brown and I'd entertain Trouba offers but Toronto would be very foolish to pass on this. Trouba's basically a #1 already - his value is huge.

Reactions: Hunter368

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
obviously maroon.

but he might give looch and rnh a run for their money, too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why would Winnipeg trade him? Winnipeg is in win-now mode. They're not looking to rebuild.

They could use with some tinkering to sort out their roster in other areas (more depth scoring) and maybe get a D that won't ask for the moon when his contract negotiations come up again.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Based on what? One 33 point season in 4 seasons? He isn't elite offensively and he sure as heck isn't defensively. I saw the Leafs tear him a new one in Winnipeg, ate him for breakfast. He's a 2nd pairing defenceman on a contender and a fill in first pair guy on a mediocre team, just because he's top pairing on that brutal Winnipeg D means little. He's no Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Suter just to name a few.

If he's so bad, why is damn near every team in the league after him? Not just their fans, but their actual GMs? If he was going to be traded for scraps it would have happened when he was holding out last season.

They could use with some tinkering to sort out their roster in other areas (more depth scoring) and maybe get a D that won't ask for the moon when his contract negotiations come up again.

They could. But that still doesn't mean accepting the offer the OP offered makes any sense. And like I said... this is coming from someone who likes Brown and thinks he's a great middle six winger with solid potential.

Reactions: Hunter368

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Is EDM's top 9: Drai, McDavid,Maroon - Lucic, RNH Kassian/Yamamoto - Jokinen,Strome, Caggiula?

I would think Brown would play over Kassian/Yamamoto or even Caggiula, no?

Anyhow, that's getting OT. I don't see any way WPG would do this deal. Not sure Leafs could afford Trouba with his next contract either.

Yes 100% Brown is better than Kassian, Yamamoto, Jokinen, Caggiula and probably even Strome. Maroon would only play above because of chemistry with McDavid. He's a 2nd/3rd line guy right now, but people will see him playing on Toronto's 4th line and instantly call him a bum

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The value isn't that far off, unless you really want to take the hard stance that Trouba is a #1 guy (which he ain't). Harmonic and Hamilton were each traded for 1st + 2nds and Brown and Dermott at this point hold more value each than an individual 2nd.

I can see that Jes may not want to take the deal but in terms of abstract value it's fair.

Reactions: david999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad