Proposal: Trouba to Toronto

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Browny may as well have a no trade clause. We are trying to keep Ontario kids.

I would do it if you subbed Brown for Kappy but Jets fans will say it's not enough. I am pretty sure they want a LHD back like Rielly or Gardiner which defeats the purpose for us.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Winnipeg fans won't like it. I see it as brown whos a 20-20 3rd liner(now) and Dermott whos essentially Rielly lite and p much a lock to be a top 4 lhd plus a 1st. I think value favours Toronto only because Dermott isn't proven at the NHL level but his play in the AHL and preseason(nhl) speak for itself. Offer this to WPG in 2 years and they would do the deal I think.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Pretty terrible for Winnipeg. A young top pair D for a bottom 6 player an ok D prospect and a mid first.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Players don't negotiate a contract with another team about contract. It doesn't happen. Why do folks keep on including this nonsensical clauses in a trade? Trouba has set himself up to be a UFA in the summer of 2020. Summer of 2018 and 2019 he is arbitration eligible. And with the Leafs cap situation, the Leaf couldn't really afford a 5.5m player. The Leafs want no bonus performance carryover in the summer of 2019 when the big three have to be resigned, and Kapanen and UFA Gardiner.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Leafs not going to be able to fit Trouba's contract in without moving a big contract of our own. This trade doesn't make Winnipeg better now, which they are looking to do.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Trouba is way over rated on these boards. Winnipeg is one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they expect other GMs to trade high end cost, controlled assets for a player that can't help his own team succeed? If the first few games are any indication of his play this year, the Jets would be very lucky to get a 1st for him.

Reactions: The ORB and RCS

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
So now Conner is a bottom 6 huh. 20 goal rookie season last year with no hints of slowing down. Try Top 6.

That’s all he had? Wasn’t he playing with Matthews? either way he’s not a guy you want in your top 6, so therefore he’s a bottom 6 guy.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Trouba is way over rated on these boards. Winnipeg is one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they expect other GMs to trade high end cost, controlled assets for a player that can't help his own team succeed? If the first few games are any indication of his play this year, the Jets would be very lucky to get a 1st for him.

I think you meant to say "Any player not on my team is way over rated on these boards."

I'm sure GMs know that 1 player doesn't make a team succeed and also know that "the first few games" aren't an indication of the value for a guy that's been in the league 5 years.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
To Toronto: Trouba

To Winipeg: Brown + Dermott + 2018 1st

But before the trade happens the Leafs are given permission to ask if the money is right would he resign in Toronto

Really? Another Trouba to the Leafs thread? Ugh

Brown would be a nice addition to our 3rd line, but would never get a sniff of the top 6 barring injuries. Not a guy you trade a top pairing young D for.

Mid range 1st holds virtually no value to us.

Dermott isn't NHL ready and has a lot to prove if can ever become a top 4 guy.

Absolutely no interest in this trade offer from the Jets. Terrible overall.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Mar 26, 2010
That’s all he had? Wasn’t he playing with Matthews? either way he’s not a guy you want in your top 6, so therefore he’s a bottom 6 guy.
All he had? That is the equal that your beloved McDavid had in his rookie season, 20 goals.

No, Conner did not play the entire season with Matthews. Top 6 on the Oilers easily. No depth in Edmonton.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I honestly don't think that's good for Winnipeg at all, as much 'potential' Brown and Dermott are.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
All he had? That is the equal that your beloved McDavid had in his rookie season, 20 goals.

No, Conner did not play the entire season with Matthews. Top 6 on the Oilers easily. No depth in Edmonton.

Mcdvaid played half a season and is not a goal scorer, Brown would not be anywhere near the top 6 in Edmonton he might have a place on the 4th line but nothing higher than that.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

I mean he’s only better than Pakarinen and Kharia but they’re strictly 4th pker effort players. He’s not playing ahead of drai, nuge, strome, kassian, slepyshev so that leaves the 4th line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is EDM's top 9: Drai, McDavid,Maroon - Lucic, RNH Kassian/Yamamoto - Jokinen,Strome, Caggiula?

I would think Brown would play over Kassian/Yamamoto or even Caggiula, no?

Anyhow, that's getting OT. I don't see any way WPG would do this deal. Not sure Leafs could afford Trouba with his next contract either.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad