Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I read over and over again if Jets don´t trade Trouba his value will decrease..

My question is will it? Just why will it? He is in good shape, traning hard and just played some meaningsfull games. Noone screams that a players value takes a hit when the player get injured in the begining of a camp etc etc. Jets will get what they want if it takes a year or 2, meanwhile Trouba loses money....

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'll say it again.... Vancouver Calgary Edmonton Toronto Ottawa Montreal are not options. If trouba plays in Canada it will be with the Jets. Cuz reality here... this is not about not wanting to be just in winnipeg. It's about his family who owns his ass wanting him to play in the States.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Here's the thing... Jets don't and won't trade him until they get what they want in return. They want a young LHD who is similar aka the same age and calibre of trouba.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Oh stop. Just seriously stop. Hutton wouldn't even get Troubas jock strap in real life. Your fantasy land thoughts are amusing tho

Because....draft picks.
Stefan > Laine

All jokes aside, I agree that Trouba is more valuable than Hutton. But the gap between them isn't exactly as big as you might think. Hutton put up 25 points in 75 games as a rookie on a dumpster fire team.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Oh stop. Just seriously stop. Hutton wouldn't even get Troubas jock strap in real life. Your fantasy land thoughts are amusing tho

Got a source for this or are you just straight making stuff up and trying to present it as fact?

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I'll say it again.... Vancouver Calgary Edmonton Toronto Ottawa Montreal are not options. If trouba plays in Canada it will be with the Jets. Cuz reality here... this is not about not wanting to be just in winnipeg. It's about his family who owns his ass wanting him to play in the States.

"Got a source for this or are you just straight making stuff up and trying to present it as fact?"

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Here's the thing... Jets don't and won't trade him until they get what they want in return. They want a young LHD who is similar aka the same age and calibre of trouba.
I'm afraid you're forgetting the minute his trade request went public his stock got knocked a level.

Pre public request he may have gotten Ryan Murray.
Post public request you may have to take Derrick Pouliot.

Personally, I think Winnipeg plays hardball with him, nobody is buying his reason for leaving of positional play, he wants out of the city plain and simple. It won't be pretty for the franchise if he gets his request without a long battle.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm afraid you're forgetting the minute his trade request went public his stock got knocked a level.

Personally, I think Winnipeg plays hardball with him, nobody is buying his reason for leaving of positional play, he wants out of the city plain and simple. It won't be pretty for the franchise if he gets his request without a long battle.

Wait pre trade request he would get a defenseman of the same age that is younger than him, better than him, smarter than him, and already fills a need in his current team?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This Leaf fan would absolutely add to Gardiner in a Trouba deal. I wouldnt blink at a Gardiner and Kapanen centric offer. I think Trouba has massive upside. I'd honestly love to have him, but competition for his services is inevitable...

I'd personally keep Kapanen. Would rather give up someone like Carrick. I doubt the Leafs move Gardiner unless they are convinced about someone like Fowler to replace him in a separate deal or if Marincin is good enough, even if Trouba comes the other way. It'll be a very complicated process that is for sure. I wouldn't count on anything being done any time soon unless the Jets already had an offer lined up from before. Even then, the more they wait, the more his value drops.

At least it is something big to keep tabs on.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Is it maybe another level knocked off from his stock that he got this sort of management (for the new team to deal with in the future) and seems not to be content to play ball with the standard variety "team dictates all" approach of the NHL?

Whether or not he has a legit grievance for being misused and whether or not it is of team's own making, the teams as a rule don't wish or cheer for this kind of grievances.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I don't understand this logic. You think that a team that wants Trouba enough to trade a player like Murray will lose interest because of the public trade request? It's not like Chevy is going to call back and say "okay, I'll take less value now that the public knows". Chevy will establish a value and then take the best offer he gets from the multiple teams that are interested. Any team that decides that they want to lowball because of the trade request just gets filtered out of the conversation early.

Other GMs have known he's was on the market for months, according to his agent. How does him going public change anything? If a team wants him they know they have to come up with something that Chevy feels is sufficient value, and more importantly, it has to beat all the other teams' offers. If they aren't willing to do that, they don't want him enough. His public trade request doesn't change the basic equation.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Because....draft picks.
Stefan > Laine

All jokes aside, I agree that Trouba is more valuable than Hutton. But the gap between them isn't exactly as big as you might think. Hutton put up 25 points in 75 games as a rookie on a dumpster fire team.

Trouba put up 29 points (10 goals) in 65 games as a rookie on a dumpster fire team, and he was 3 years younger when he did it.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
from the isles i would offer hamonic for trouba and a 2nd and 3rd.

Hamonic might not be needed on the jets right side but he would have less qualms of playing the left side. He is older more established and cheaper. The 2nd and 3rd attempt to address the uncertainty of troubas next contract.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Gardiner + Kapanen + Draft Pick + $2M in Cap Space > Trouba

It really isn't. Gardiner being the most valuable piece from the Leafs end and he is nowhere near the same caliber player as Trouba in the long term. Kapanen has been horrendous in every WJC I've seen him play. Just disappointment after disappointment. He's a borderline future NHL player at this point and I hate to say that as a Finn.

The Jets are not looking for quantity nor short term cap space, but a D man of Trouba's caliber. They are the ones holding the cards right now as well and if you look at Leafs and what they have to offer, there really is no good deal to be made that would benefit both sides (since I don't see why they would be parting with Rielly).

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
LOL. You clearly need to watch Hutton, then.

hutton is not as good as trouba. waiting for a non canucks fan to agree with you but unlikely to happen.

werent you the guy saying Hutton was gonna be a #1 while Rielly was gonna be a #2?

lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
It really isn't. Gardiner being the most valuable piece from the Leafs end and he is nowhere near the same caliber player as Trouba in the long term. Kapanen has been horrendous in every WJC I've seen him play. Just disappointment after disappointment. He's a borderline future NHL player at this point and I hate to say that as a Finn.

The Jets are not looking for quantity nor short term cap space, but a D man of Trouba's caliber. They are the ones holding the cards right now as well and if you look at Leafs and what they have to offer, there really is no good deal to be made that would benefit both sides (since I don't see why they would be parting with Rielly).

Gardiner turned 26 two months ago. his advanced stats blow troubas out of the water

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
from the isles i would offer hamonic for trouba and a 2nd and 3rd.

Hamonic might not be needed on the jets right side but he would have less qualms of playing the left side. He is older more established and cheaper. The 2nd and 3rd attempt to address the uncertainty of troubas next contract.

Stop it, Hamomic isn't being traded, especially with picks ADDED. Troubas upside likely is Hamomic. Would move de Haan for him if Boychuk continues to have injury issues, but then it pushes Pulock down the depth chart. Boychuk would have to go in any Trouba deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad