Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Next year's draft isn't looking as strong as the last few, I would be very willing to give up a top 5 protected 1st towards Trouba, just not on top of Gardiner.

The Leafs have went out of their way to add character guys recently, so I doubt Trouba has been endearing himself to Lou lately.
Besides, Overhardt is poisonous.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I never once said that Trouba was miles better than Gardiner or in a different tier skillwise. The only one making foolish statements along those lines is you

English isn't your first language perhaps?

I would love to someday see a post where you aren't being completely obnoxious.
Wishful thinking, I suppose.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
hutton is not as good as trouba. waiting for a non canucks fan to agree with you but unlikely to happen.

werent you the guy saying Hutton was gonna be a #1 while Rielly was gonna be a #2?

lol

Trouba just has more NHL experience. Hutton will be the 'better player' or as good when he equals Trouba's GP. I have no doubt about this. Call me a homer, whatever you want, but Hutt is something special. He has the look of a #1 d-man or at the very least a top pairing d-man in the making. He's a solid top 4 right as we speak, and he's only going to improve and mature. His vision is incredible.

I think Trouba is really nice defensively, but I think long term, Hutton is going to have the offensive edge in pretty much every way except for shot. It depends what you want in a d-man.

And no. That was Lindholm vs Hutton, not Rielly. I think Rielly is going to be a Norris-level d-man pretty damn soon. Could Hutton get there one day? Certainly, but I think Rielly will be better for the majority of his career. Incredible tools on that kid.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Leafs have went out of their way to add character guys recently, so I doubt Trouba has been endearing himself to Lou lately.
Besides, Overhardt is poisonous.

I really don't buy the character argument in this type of situation. Is Hamilton a cancer in Calgary? What about Turris in Ottawa? Nope, on their new teams there have been no problems.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Trouba just has more NHL experience. Hutton will be the 'better player' or as good when he equals Trouba's GP. I have no doubt about this. Call me a homer, whatever you want, but Hutt is something special. He has the look of a #1 d-man or at the very least a top pairing d-man in the making. He's a solid top 4 right as we speak, and he's only going to improve and mature. His vision is incredible.

I think Trouba is really nice defensively, but I think long term, Hutton is going to have the offensive edge in pretty much every way except for shot. It depends what you want in a d-man.

And no. That was Lindholm vs Hutton, not Rielly. I think Rielly is going to be a Norris-level d-man pretty damn soon. Could Hutton get there one day? Certainly, but I think Rielly will be better for the majority of his career. Incredible tools on that kid.

Lindholm vs hutton makes that statement even more ridiculous lol.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Lindholm vs hutton makes that statement even more ridiculous lol.

9325080020.jpg

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Not sure there are a lot of options out there for Winnipeg if they want something specific:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure there are a lot of options out there for Winnipeg if they want something specific:

I don't think trouba is worth either of them... would take a decent add to even get the attention of the Ducks or buffalo I'd think

But I'd give Fowler for him :) and I'm sure buffalo would give Ennis and a 2nd :)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
warrior chart. check it out. Corsi for is very similar, Corsi against isnt because Trouba is terrible in his own end

Rel CA/60 over the past 3 seasons. Gardiner is #2 in the NHL

Player GP CA60 Rel
Giordano 207 -8.84
Gardiner 238 -7.92
Ekholm 224 -7.74
Diaz 119 -7.37
Stralman 236 -7.28
Campbell 246 -7.25
Brodie 232 -7.18
Orlov 136 -6.77
Ekman-Larsson 237 -6.4
Tanev 203 -6.08

Central > Atlantic......

So can you please provide corsi for Gardiner and Trouba per division, it would be really intressting and give a deeper and more analytics approch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->