Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Stop it, Hamomic isn't being traded, especially with picks ADDED. Troubas upside likely is Hamomic. Would move de Haan for him if Boychuk continues to have injury issues, but then it pushes Pulock down the depth chart. Boychuk would have to go in any Trouba deal.

I think you need to check his proposal again

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
yes, they do.

possession and shot supression arent even close

Gardiner has a CA/60 of 53.32, 53.5% Corsi and 3.7%relTM

Trouba has a CA/60 of 52.53, 51.9% Corsi and a 1.6% relTM while playing much harder minutes.

Be honest, did you even look up the numbers before you posted?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Gardiner turned 26 two months ago. his advanced stats blow troubas out of the water

Your being logical and every jets fan here believes that Trouba is the second coming of Jesus. Look I get it, the kid is 22, a RHD with size and could be something special but he is not that yet.

To the Jets fan Gardiner is a 26 year old puck moving LHD who has amazing advanced stats that as you stated blow Trouba out of the water, can play on the PP, and is making just a hair over 4 million for the next 4 years.

Its obviously not a straight 1 4 1 based on potential of Trouba but its a decent foundation, if the add isn't Kap then its another pick or player not named Matthews, Marner, Nylander or Dermott/Neilson.

As said I wouldn't have an issue throwin in a top 10 protected first at the Jets provided Trouba would sign for a Reilly type deal. If he is truly looking for crazy money then the most I offer is 6 but we get him for 8yrs. If he is looking for more then i stay the course with Gardiner.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Your being logical and every jets fan here believes that Trouba is the second coming of Jesus. Look I get it, the kid is 22, a RHD with size and could be something special but he is not that yet.

To the Jets fan Gardiner is a 26 year old puck moving LHD who has amazing advanced stats that as you stated blow Trouba out of the water, can play on the PP, and is making just a hair over 4 million for the next 4 years.

Its obviously not a straight 1 4 1 based on potential of Trouba but its a decent foundation, if the add isn't Kap then its another pick or player not named Matthews, Marner, Nylander or Dermott/Neilson.

As said I wouldn't have an issue throwin in a top 10 protected first at the Jets provided Trouba would sign for a Reilly type deal. If he is truly looking for crazy money then the most I offer is 6 but we get him for 8yrs. If he is looking for more then i stay the course with Gardiner.

Leafs fans can make this claim all they want, but repeating it constantly isn't going to make it true

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Trouba has a CA/60 of 52.53, 51.9% Corsi and a 1.6% relTM while playing much harder minutes.

so gardiner has the edge in every category there, but somehow his 20mins / night are easier than troubas? lol.

right you are one of those who thinks he only plays against 4th liners.

check out shot supression. Gardiner is one of the best in the league in that and Trouba is well below average. but I guess that is against soft competetion right? :laugh:

waiting for the typical trouba=rielly jets fan to chime in.

hopefully leafs go nowhere near trouba at the price he will likely command. He has been pretty meh after a strong rookie season. leafs fans have been down that path before (Luke Schenn). we happyil keep Matthews,Marner,Nylander,JVR, Gardiner etc

let the jets/ whoever he gets traded to worry about that dumpster fire of a situation

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
so gardiner has the edge in every category there, but somehow his 20mins / night are easier than troubas? lol.

right you are one of those who thinks he only plays against 4th liners.

check out shot supression. Gardiner is one of the best in the league in that and Trouba is well below average. but I guess that is against soft competetion right? :laugh:
Check out shot suppression? I literally compared their CA/60. If you want to check out and see that their shot suppression numbers are nearly identical feel free to read the post you quoted.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs fans can make this claim all they want, but repeating it constantly isn't going to make it true

warrior chart. check it out. Corsi for is very similar, Corsi against isnt because Trouba is terrible in his own end

Rel CA/60 over the past 3 seasons. Gardiner is #2 in the NHL

Player GP CA60 Rel
Giordano 207 -8.84
Gardiner 238 -7.92
Ekholm 224 -7.74
Diaz 119 -7.37
Stralman 236 -7.28
Campbell 246 -7.25
Brodie 232 -7.18
Orlov 136 -6.77
Ekman-Larsson 237 -6.4
Tanev 203 -6.08

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
warrior chart. check it out. Corsi for is very similar, Corsi against isnt because Trouba is terrible in his own end

But Gardiner has a corsi against of 53.32/60 and Trouba has a Corsi against of 52.53.

Trouba literally gives up .8 more shot attempts over 60 minutes than Gardiner. Wanna tell me again how Gardiner's shot suppression 'blows Trouba out of the water'?

:laugh: :laugh: Warrior Charts :laugh: :laugh:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Brendan smith has amazing advanced stats... Brendan smith/trouba swap maybe? I mean look at the advanced stats!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
But Gardiner has a corsi against of 53.32/60 and Trouba has a Corsi against of 52.53.

Trouba literally gives up .8 more shot attempts over 60 minutes than Gardiner. Wanna tell me again how Gardiner's shot suppression 'blows Trouba out of the water'?

:laugh: :laugh: Warrior Charts :laugh: :laugh:

yeah. they are only good when they support your argument right?

http://i.imgur.com/9AkvAYE.png

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

That's a rather large gap though. QoC and ZS% generally don't have enough effect to bridge that gap. Note the word generally, as it can be different on a case-to-case basis. Personally I think the measures we use for context are too general to really capture individual playing situations well.

Trouba has been a really good PK piece, so I think that evens things up though. And Trouba is of course younger. I'm not sold on his upside though, to be honest. I'm generally cautious when projecting players that mature as players early, and then start to stagnate.

As I see things, Gardiner would be a good catch as a main piece for Trouba. He's good, he's an LD and he's cost-controlled for a good number of years. However, Toronto doing the trade just fills a hole on the RD by opening up one on the LD. They'd still be reliant on prospects stepping up in either scenario, so making the trade doesn't really address anything.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

9AkvAYE.png

Warrior charts are good for a quick overview, if you want to claim that someone has better numbers it's generally smart to look at the actual numbers and not just a crude representation of them.

Interesting that you never explained how Gardiner's shot suppression numbers are 'far better' than Trouba's when the difference between the two is literally less than one shot attempt against over 60 minutes

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That's a rather large gap though. QoC and ZS% generally don't have enough effect to bridge that gap. Note the word generally, as it can be different on a case-to-case basis. Personally I think the measures we use for context are too general to really capture individual playing situations well.

Trouba has been a really good PK piece, so I think that evens things up though. And Trouba is of course younger. I'm not sold on his upside though, to be honest. I'm generally cautious when projecting players that mature as players early, and then start to stagnate.

As I see things, Gardiner would be a good catch as a main piece for Trouba. He's good, he's an LD and he's cost-controlled for a good number of years. However, Toronto doing the trade just fills a hole on the RD by opening up one on the LD. They'd still be reliant on prospects stepping up in either scenario, so making the trade doesn't really address anything.

this guy thinks Gardiner is nowhere close to Trouba though. check a few posts back.

the stats say otherwise. I havent seen a single stat that shows Trouba as being better, let alone in a completely different tier than gardiner:laugh:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Warrior charts are good for a quick overview, if you want to claim that someone has better numbers it's generally smart to look at the actual numbers and not just a crude representation of them.

Interesting that you never explained how Gardiner's shot suppression numbers are 'far better' than Trouba's when the difference between the two is literally less than one shot attempt against over 60 minutes

please explain how Gardiner is nowhere close to Trouba when every stat you have thrown up in Troubas defense still shows Gardiner as the better player?

oh right, quality of competition right? because only Rielly played against anyone decent. not like trouba had guys like Byfuglien and Myers to go up against the top players.

what a fitting screen name. lol

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
this guy thinks Gardiner is nowhere close to Trouba though. check a few posts back.

the stats say otherwise. I havent seen a single stat that shows Trouba as being better, let alone in a completely different tier than gardiner:laugh:

I never once said that Trouba was miles better than Gardiner or in a different tier skillwise. The only one making foolish statements along those lines is you

English isn't your first language perhaps?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/9AkvAYE.png

Warrior charts are trash for valuing defenders.

I mean, why Corsi instead of Fenwick? Especially concerning that shotblocking is key job for a D-man?

Why only 1 defensive stat, and even that is aggragate corsi?

Why there is no metric to measure the quality of opponents? "Who plays against Toews/Crosby in homegames" is THE one relevant blueliner metric.

Why the offensive stats are not on 5v5? Why the points are not primary points per 60?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I never once said that Trouba was miles better than Gardiner or in a different tier skillwise. The only one making foolish statements along those lines is you

English isn't your first language perhaps?

Bottom line....pretty much every stat has Gardiner as the better player (even if only marginally). So the fact that most Leaf fans are willing to add to Gardiner should be a blessing for you......

Or you can keep on defending the player that has asked to be traded from your team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bottom line....pretty much every stat has Gardiner as the better player (even if only marginally). So the fact that most Leaf fans are willing to add to Gardiner should be a blessing for you......

Or you can keep on defending the player that has asked to be traded from your team.

We will give you fowler + stoner for trouba

your welcome :sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hey...we already have a JVR/Fowler deal worked out!

True... plus if trouba wants right side... we prob arnt a good destination.

I'm still not suree Jvr for fowler works right now for Anaheim unless Toronto is taking like stoner with him(or some sort of contract despres/bieska etc) and were adding a pick or something... I'm guessing our main concern is clearing space to sign lindholm and rakell and jvr for fowler doesn't exactly do that on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad