Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksgo*

....when you know it's time to leave the main HFB trade forums.

TBF everyone has proposed every player almost in the damn NHL on the possible trade block for Trouba. Pages after pages, and pages. Jets fans haven't come to an agreement on one. Is it really the HF board community who is being stubborn? Or the Jets fan base being realistic regarding Troubas value.

I read some very good offers this entire thread value for value and they get turned down almost immediately. And this is coming from a neutral fan.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
TBF everyone has proposed every player almost in the damn NHL on the possible trade block for Trouba. Pages after pages, and pages. Jets fans haven't come to an agreement on one. Is it really the HF board community who is being stubborn? Or the Jets fan base being realistic regarding Troubas value.

I read some very good offers this entire thread value for value and they get turned down almost immediately. And this is coming from a neutral fan.

Some offers have been fair, some even very good. But what a neutral fan considers fair when most have no clue what the Jets needs are and how good Trouba really is b/c they haven't done their homework are very different things.

Jets have lots of options, really comes down to do they go for the BPA or BPA that fills LHD need. The difference could be significant.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Unless you plan on retaining 50% for JVR it wont work cap wise for Anaheim for Fowler once they resign both Rakell and Lindholm.

Depends on the Cowen buyout. ..and with Robidas retiring and the news that Lupul is unable to play (probably LTIR) we probably could retain 50%.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
So yeah, Winnipeg and detroit aren't great trade partners, but if detroit can help out Anaheim by giving them tatar plus, and getting back fowler, pretty much all wings fans are down, apparently....
I still would rather give you nyquist but if any fan base has ever been so accommodating and accepting of each others needs, you'd think a deal had already been done for a few years.

And troubas nice, everyone likes him, but that price seems like madness. Even if it is your guys teams ideal situation...

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Moving Gardiner would very much depend on what kind of contract Trouba wants.

He wouldn't get a penny more than Rielly, if that.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Moving Gardiner would very much depend on what kind of contract Trouba wants.

He wouldn't get a penny more than Rielly, if that.

He doesn't deserve more than gardiner right now, let alone reilly. I get trouba has a higher ceiling than jg, but he hasn't proven more yet...

It seems like no matter what happens, someone is going to be upset by the end result.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
EJ + Cal Pickard

Uh... thats a solid deal for Trouba. You've got unrealistic expectations if that isn't considered enough . :laugh:

No interest or need for goalies.

EJ no interest b/c of his age and huge contract. Plus he's a right handed shot, we need a lefty

No thx (not calling Avs players bad, just not right fit)

Please see Chevy's demand as return, that offer doesn't fit.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
No interest or need for goalies.

EJ no interest b/c of his age and huge contract. Plus he's a right handed shot, we need a lefty

No thx (not calling Avs players bad, just not right fit)

Please see Chevy's demand as return, that offer doesn't fit.

Ah ok. I missed that.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Don't see why the Leafs need to add anything to Jake Gardiner.

Trouba could end up being better but right now Jake IS better... and signed... for 4 million

If there is a plus, it should be coming from Winnipeg.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Don't see why the Leafs need to add anything to Jake Gardiner.

Trouba could end up being better but right now Jake IS better... and signed... for 4 million

If there is a plus, it should be coming from Winnipeg.

That's why.

Leafs definitely add to Gardiner, and this is coming from a huge Gardiner supporter.

Gardiner + Kapanen + draft pick is what I'd offer, nothing more

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
That's why.

Leafs definitely add to Gardiner, and this is coming from a huge Gardiner supporter.

That's a very fair trade, I would be more then happy with it. Of course not all posters or Jets/Leafs will agree.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
That's why.

Trouba might be as good as Gardiner in the next three or four years but he's definitely going to cost a lot more in terms of cap hit.

You don't add Kapanen and a draft pick to Gardiner for a maybe Gardiner.

Jake Gardiner at 21 was as good as Trouba was at 21. There is no reason to think Trouba can be better than Gardiner.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
What??

Some leafs fan think Gardiner is better than Trouba??

Get your heads out of the sand for **** sake.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
What??

Some of us are saying adding Kasperi Kapanen and a draft pick + Gardiner is not a smart trade.

I don't see how that is saying Gardiner is better.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
What??

Gardiner is the Leafs' best d-man. He's better than Rielly and the advanced stats really, really like Gardiner. Most Jets fans would probably say Gardiner is better than Trouba too.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Trouba might be as good as Gardiner in the next three or four years but he's definitely going to cost a lot more in terms of cap hit.

You don't add Kapanen and a draft pick to Gardiner for a maybe Gardiner.

Jake Gardiner at 21 was as good as Trouba was at 21. There is no reason to think Trouba can be better than Gardiner.
What are you talking about? Trouba has always been better than Gardiner at any stage.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
What are you talking about? Trouba has always been better than Gardiner at any stage.

Up until this past season.

Trouba was also scratched at the World Cup and played very limited minutes.

The longer the Jets hang on to an unhappy Trouba, the more likely it is his development stalls and the assets value decreases.

He's always been one of my favourite young defencemen but I'm not trading Gardiner++ for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad