Proposal: Trouba Mega thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Miller + Skjei + pick

I'm obviously in the minority, but I actually don't mind the offer as much as other Jets fans. I think Miller and Skjei are both being underrated here. IMO Miller has 25-25 ability while providing versatility (can play all F positions). I also believe Skjei has top 4 ability and have watched a lot of him since before he was drafted, so I'm probably a lot more aware of his abilities and expectations, than most Jets fans. He's also expansion exempt, which would allow the Jets to protect 7/3/1.

IMO the odds of the Jets getting an equal LD is very unlikely. Might as well explore other options.

All depends what else is included in that deal, but IMO thats not such a bad base as well. Skjei, who knows -- if he definitely has top 4 abilities, thats something we'll need real bad in a very short time (post Enstrom). Miller though, just don't see the need for another winger or an iffy C. Comes down to what else they can afford to put in there that we might need.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
All depends what else is included in that deal, but IMO thats not such a bad base as well. Skjei, who knows -- if he definitely has top 4 abilities, thats something we'll need real bad in a very short time (post Enstrom). Miller though, just don't see the need for another winger or an iffy C. Comes down to what else they can afford to put in there that we might need.

IMO Miller isn't a iffy C, he's the better of the two pieces quality and proven wise, problem is the best piece (Miller) fills the least need on the team (middle six forwards), while the smaller (value/potential wise) of the two pieces (Skjei) is the greatest need (LHD). Just not ideal offer IMO compared to our needs.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007

I don't think Skjei +Miller + pick is such a bad value. I understand that every Jets fan prefer a 1 for 1 swap, but I just can't see who the trading partner would be, but who knows.

Skjei definitely has top 4 potential and he is developing really good. Miller reminds me a bit of Dubinsky and I think he'll establish himself as a 40-50 point player. Add a pick on top of that and I think value is not that far off.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
IMO Miller isn't a iffy C, he's the better of the two pieces quality and proven wise, problem is the best piece (Miller) fills the least need on the team (middle six forwards), while the smaller (value/potential wise) of the two pieces (Skjei) is the greatest need (LHD). Just not ideal offer IMO compared to our needs.

Sure thats what I meant to say, but I'm not even convinced he fills the role of 3C on our club when Little returns.

As I said, if the + was of sufficient quality, then maybe Chevy bites. Graves has been mentioned before & might be enough to push this deal through. Or maybe we throw in a decent player like Burmistrov, who we can't protect in the expansion draft anyway, and we haggle over the + even more.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
Already posted on this multi times. I never lhd is the only way to get full value, I've stated many times Chevy might not, but doesn't mean he doesn't get full value. My point is any deal Chevy makes won't be for 3-4 minors pieces/picks like many of these offers are.....it will be quality for quality or Trouba will be forced to sit or sign. Nash is totally different, different ages, different Era in the NHL, not even comparable now.

Imo there will be a trade before Dec 1st, will be for a lhd or BPA I'm not sure......but it won't be 50-75 cents on the dollar.
Different era? Lol different era would be like using the Lindros trade as a comparison. It was only a few years ago. It wasn't meant as a comparison anyway. Just an example to the point that most of the time on HFBoards the return fans think must happen don't. There's no doubt Trouba is going to fetch a good return if he's traded. There certainly is a difference though in value though when a player asks for a trade. There's a difference between trading Trouba just because the team wants to and say has him signed at 5.5 per for 6 years and trading him as an RFA because he has asked for a trade.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

Let's talk hypotheticals regarding the expansion draft.

In the 4/4/1 we most likely protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault/Armia
Exempt: Laine, Ehlers and Connor

Byfuglien
Myers
Trouba
Enstrom
Exempt: Morrissey

Hellebuyck

In the 7/3/1 we most likely protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Lowry

Byfuglien
Enstrom
Myers/Trouba (trade?)

Hellebuyck

I would hate to lose a good player like Perreault or Armia in the 4/4/1 scenario.

In the 7/3/1 scenario we would protect more forwards, but would need to trade Myers or Trouba (likely).

That's one of the reasons I'd also consider a Miller + Skjei (exempt) + pick deal.

IMO Miller + Skjei + pick + keeping Perreault/Armia + one of Dano/Lowry > Trouba

I would then go 7/3/1.

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Miller
Dano/Lowry

Byfuglien
Myers
Enstrom
Exempt: Morrissey and Skjei

Hellebuyck

We would have a ton of quality depth after the expansion draft. To me, it's something I'd consider.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Rangers seems to be pretty high on Trouba. Wonder what Jets need to add to get Mcdonagh.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Rangers seems to be pretty high on Trouba. Wonder what Jets need to add to get Mcdonagh.

The reason for Rangers to do it would be to get younger on D which is a need, but I'm having a hard time believing that we would trade our captain and best D for that reason only. But who thought Suban would be traded for Weber...

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Miller, McIllraith, Holden, 2nd for Trouba, a minor league plug and a low pick
Not totally fair value but life sucks with a pointed Gun at your head
Think Bruins might come with The best offer though
Detroit hot too

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Detroit hot too

A horrible offer. Depth is not the problem, it's the top end. You're offering nothing of value for us.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Detroit hot too

Value isn't there.

Miller is good, McIlrath is of little value, Holden is trash and NYR don't own a 2017 2nd either (2018 2nd brings value down even more). Very easy pass.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
IT is what I would offer at this point. Miller has been playing top 6 already. Like I said, there will likely be better offers from other Clubs. Watch

The problem for Winnipeg is that they don't a need or even a place for someone who is middle-6 player.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Let's talk hypotheticals regarding the expansion draft.

In the 4/4/1 we most likely protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault/Armia

Byfuglien
Myers
Trouba
Enstrom
Exempt: Morrissey

Hellebuyck

In the 7/3/1 we most likely protect...

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Lowry

Byfuglien
Enstrom
Myers/Trouba (trade?)

Hellebuyck

I would hate to lose a good player like Perreault or Armia in the 4/4/1 scenario.

In the 7/3/1 scenario we would protect more forwards, but would need to trade Myers or Trouba (likely).

That's one of the reasons I'd also consider a Miller + Skjei (exempt) + pick deal.

IMO Miller + Skjei + pick + keeping Perreault/Armia + one of Dano/Lowry > Trouba

I would then go 7/3/1.

Wheeler
Scheifele
Little
Perreault
Armia
Miller
Dano/Lowry

Byfuglien
Myers
Enstrom
Exempt: Morrissey and Skjei

Hellebuyck

We would have a ton of quality depth after the expansion draft. To me, it's something I'd consider.

I fully understand the idea/option and have stated similar solutions.....IMO this type of trade is more likely then one for one including a lhd. My only point about this option is Miller & Skjei ability/potential is ideally reversed. Skjei just isn't a great solution on our lhd and is a significant step down from Trouba now and in potential. As I stated before it's not horrible, but it's also not ideal/great. Maybe we throw in a Burmi or similar and the plus on top of those two would be a 1st Rd pick (which ends up as a late Rd pick).

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit hot too

Winnipeg easily declines this offer, Miller is decent but not a need. Winnipeg could've claimed McIllrath on waivers if they wanted him but didn't. Holden meh none of this is value for Winnipeg. I've pretty much said that unless McDonagh is involved the Rangers wont have the pieces to entice Chevy. And Gorton isn't trading his captain McDonagh.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Detroit hot too

Chevy wouldn't even consider that, that's very bad.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Detroit hot too

what would/could or are you hearing boston or detroit have or would offer?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
NHL is a deadline driven league, no reason for anyone to put their best offer forward yet. The fact Chevy hasn't pulled the trigger on any of the many offers yet, testifies none have been good enough yet.

Fans only can speculate, Chevy is the only one person who knows what all the offers have been.....none have been good enough yet. Clearly he expects better offers or will force Trouba to sign/sit. Completely agree with Chevy. No team is getting Trouba for 50 or 75 cents on the dollar, we will get full value or Trouba will play in the Peg. Otherwise a deal would of been done months ago

There is no dead line for anyone but Chevy. Trouba will require assets going back, so this is not a TDL rental type of a trade. None of the offers have been accepted yet which tells me Chevy might be way off base in terms of value. Before December 1st comes along, Chevy will be taking the best package available. His options are to let Trouba sit which does the Jets zero good now or in the future, or have him sign a deal and have a player that doesn't want to play on the Jets. Both of those are way worse options than trading Trouba for the best package available. The closer we get to the December 1st date, the more it forces Chevy's hand but not any other GM's.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Detroit hot too

Still garbage, utter garbage.

A player the Jets don't need (Miller), a ridiculously bad d-man (Holden - pretty sure the Jets would laugh openly at that given his past play for Colorado against the Jets), and a guy in McIllraith that the entire league just took a pass on this past week at the low price of a waiver claim.

Not only could the Bruins and Detroit beat that, but a good chunk of the league could by simply offering futures (which are preferable to present day garbage).

McIllraith - LOL

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit hot too

Doubt that Krug is involved with Boston, So unless it's a a deal around Mcavoy and other pieces i'm not sure what Boston can deal for Trouba. Edit never mind Mcavoy is a RHD and Chevy wants a LHD doubt it works.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I fully understand the idea/option and have stated similar solutions.....IMO this type of trade is more likely then one for one including a lhd. My only point about this option is Miller & Skjei ability/potential is ideally reversed. Skjei just isn't a great solution on our lhd and is a significant step down from Trouba now and in potential. As I stated before it's not horrible, but it's also not ideal/great. Maybe we throw in a Burmi or similar and the plus on top of those two would be a 1st Rd pick (which ends up as a late Rd pick).

I hope we can get a LD as good or better than Trouba, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I just don't see the 1 for 1 most would like.

I remember when most Jets fans (myself included) thought Kane would go 1 for 1 in a trade. Instead we got a package, which looks like a win for the Jets.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I hope we can get a LD as good or better than Trouba, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I just don't see the 1 for 1 most would like.

I remember when most Jets fans (myself included) thought Kane would go 1 for 1 in a trade. Instead we got a package, which looks like a win for the Jets.

I don't remember the Kane situation the same way. Chevy stated his price early and got it. Top 6 forward, 1st and a prospect. Not sure why anyone would of thought Kane one for one when our GM didn't state that, he stated the opposite.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I don't remember the Kane situation the same way. Chevy stated his price early and got it. Top 6 forward, 1st and a prospect. Not sure why anyone would of thought Kane one for one when our GM didn't state that, he stated the opposite.

Have a look through the archives, if you want.

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
There is no dead line for anyone but Chevy. Trouba will require assets going back, so this is not a TDL rental type of a trade. None of the offers have been accepted yet which tells me Chevy might be way off base in terms of value. Before December 1st comes along, Chevy will be taking the best package available. His options are to let Trouba sit which does the Jets zero good now or in the future, or have him sign a deal and have a player that doesn't want to play on the Jets. Both of those are way worse options than trading Trouba for the best package available. The closer we get to the December 1st date, the more it forces Chevy's hand but not any other GM's.

Obviously random poster as yourself can believe whatever you like. But clearly the real GM and billionaire owner believe/know more of the facts, especially when they've seen all the offers (while you've seen zero) dating back to May. If what your saying was true the deal would of done months ago. But feel free to believe what you like. Sounds like your suggesting Chevy has already overplayed his hand and will be forced to accept 50 cents on the dollar or worse which is amusing. I'm not saying (see dozens of my posts) Chevy will get his original price of a lhd, no doubt he set the bar high to maximize his return. But as I've stated many times I think he will be traded for BPA or BPA + (meaning a forward or forward & D prospect)......either way he will get full/very good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad