Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Of course there is interest. There was also interest in Jonathan Drouin, but they couldn't get fair value for him, so they kept him. This should be interesting to see how it unfolds.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
And why would Anaheim do a Lindholm for Trouba+ deal? No way is BM dealing Lindholm especially not with Trouba coming back.

Just wondering. Do you hang around on this thread shooting down any proposal that isn't Trouba to Detroit? I hope you know that it'll never happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Just wondering. Do you hang around on this thread shooting down any proposal that isn't Trouba to Detroit? I hope you know that it'll never happen.

Because a Lindholm for Trouba+ deal just isn't happening maybe i'm more of a realist then others. Lindholm is better then Trouba. How do you know? A Trouba to Detroit deal is more realistic then a Trouba to Anaheim. I hope you know that a Trouba to Anaheim and Lindholm to Winnipeg will never happen either.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Because a Lindholm for Trouba+ deal just isn't happening maybe i'm more of a realist then others. Lindholm is better then Trouba. How do you know? A Trouba to Detroit deal is more realistic then a Trouba to Anaheim. I hope you know that a Trouba to Anaheim and Lindholm to Winnipeg will never happen either.

never say never.. they would just have to take a bad contract back and add a pick or underpaid prospect

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Tell me which assets Holland will offer for Trouba? Hicketts?:laugh:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yup no options, jets are screwed.....better get ready, according to some, to accept 25 cents on a dollar for Trouba. :laugh:

It's as though people haven't paid attention to the tendencies of jets ownership and management for 6 years. Actually when you think about it closer to 20.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The goal is to help the team by getting the deal they want.

If they get pieces they don't need how is Chevy helping the team?

He has made it clear what the price is. If a team actually wants Trouba, they'll meet that price.

If they have no comparable left d (such as Detroit) then he's willing to accept other pieces but they have to be substantial. Detroit wasn't willing to do that (I don't blame them).

The only one who has misplayed his hand is Trouba.

Chevy won't get a top 4, young LHD for Trouba, they are not available. Chevy can let him sit, but that is bad asset management for the Jets. The return isn't all of a sudden going to be Max value/list price now. Think about anything in high demand that has been for sale for a while and does not sell? Must be priced to high. I think Chevy will get a good return for Trouba but not anything near what jets fans are expecting, as that type of deal would have been done by now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chevy won't get a top 4, young LHD for Trouba, they are not available. Chevy can let him sit, but that is bad asset management for the Jets. The return isn't all of a sudden going to be Max value/list price now. Think about anything in high demand that has been for sale for a while and does not sell? Must be priced to high. I think Chevy will get a good return for Trouba but not anything near what jets fans are expecting, as that type of deal would have been done by now.

Love these types of comments.

Ok tell us what "Jets fans" are all expecting.

Please tell us

buttman*

And he is no different than an injured player except for the fact we do not have to pay him anything. Here is a bonus for you, he will resign and play for the jets. After that time, the jets may trade him if they get the value they want.

It is not the same as an injury. It says much about his attitude. Also, good luck with the resigning thing. :laugh:

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
If Winnipeg fans aren't concerned, why would other fans be?

Most of us have accepted the current situation and are fine letting it play out. I suggest other concerned fans do the same.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Trouba might prefer to go to Detroit but bottom line he Is a RFA with basically no say in the matter. I think Detroit is only an option if a third team is involved cuz the Wings don't have or want to trade the assets (Larkin) it would take.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If Winnipeg fans aren't concerned, why would other fans be?

Most of us have accepted the current situation and are fine letting it play out. I suggest other concerned fans do the same.

Well said.

They have Morrissey and a group of kids and can sit Trouba all year as the team plays out the games. Winnipeg isn't going anywhere and neither is Trouba and he should learn that early.

I don't see Chevy getting desperate because he knows this is a young team and not playoff bound.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Trouba might prefer to go to Detroit but bottom line he Is a RFA with basically no say in the matter. I think Detroit is only an option if a third team is involved cuz the Wings don't have or want to trade the assets (Larkin) it would take.

That won't stop Wings fans from hanging around here trying to convince themselves that the Jets have to accept some sub-par offer they have for Trouba because "his value is getting lower each day" and he'll only sign with Detroit.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Well said.

They have Morrissey and a group of kids and can sit Trouba all year as the team plays out the games. Winnipeg isn't going anywhere and neither is Trouba and he should learn that early.

I don't see Chevy getting desperate because he knows this is a young team and not playoff bound.

Someone gets it:)

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
How long those he hold out until he caves? He already missed training camp and will probably behind the others who already have some games under their belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad