Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Still thinking Trouba is not traded and not getting his wonderful asked from anywhere in the league.

One big sham by Chev.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Still thinking Trouba is not traded and not getting his wonderful asked from anywhere in the league.

One big sham by Chev.

Monday, September 10, 12:10pm. Trouba traded to mystery team that's the only NHL team in central Canada

Mark this date on your calendar, this train has no brakes!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Monday, September 10, 12:10pm. Trouba traded to mystery team that's the only NHL team in central Canada

Mark this date on your calendar, this train has no brakes!

1) September 10 is long gone.

2) Central Canada has 3 NHL teams.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
1) September 10 is long gone.

2) Central Canada has 3 NHL teams.

I never said September and there's only 1 team in central Canada. Get a map of Canada and poke a hole in the central with a pencil. Spin it around like a top, tell me again there's 3 teams that just got stabbed.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I never said September and there's only 1 team in central Canada. Get a map of Canada and poke a hole in the central with a pencil. Spin it around like a top, tell me again there's 3 teams that just got stabbed.

But Trouba only wants to be in USA, so noone computes...

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Open up your nearest garbage can and start eating coffee grounds and apple cores. That's the gist of it.

Quite accurate. Not as painful as the International threads, but about 2nd worst thread on the board in September.

Maybe we can out do the ranting in this one?

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012

Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal

Everyone knows Toronto is the center of Canada silly

member 157595

Would love him in Toronto but we'd have to give up Gardiner+ and I don't know if we could afford to do that, especially if the + is significant. I'm not saying Gardiner and Trouba have equal trade value (they don't) but moving Gardiner leaves a huge gap down the left side after Rielly.

Winnipeg needs a LD that can play right now back as part of the package or it makes no sense for them to trade him. I wonder if they can make a Fowler-based trade with the Ducks? They could help Anaheim out with the finances so that they can re-sign Lindholm and Rakell, and Cheveldayoff could then move Trouba to the highest bidder? Just spitballing here.

Open up your nearest garbage can and start eating coffee grounds and apple cores. That's the gist of it.

:laugh:

This is great.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Arguably, if Morrissey shows over the next few weeks that he an capably hold down an LHD spot, perhaps that opens up what the Jets are willingly to take back positionally for trading Trouba (i.e., Chevy may wait this out until Dec 1)

member 157595

Arguably, if Morrissey shows over the next few weeks that he an capably hold down an LHD spot, perhaps that opens up what the Jets are willingly to take back positionally for trading Trouba (i.e., Chevy may wait this out until Dec 1)

Meaning no slight to Morrissey, but I doubt your GM's going to count on a rookie to fill Trouba's role this year. Not in that murderous hellhole of a division.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Meaning no slight to Morrissey, but I doubt your GM's going to count on a rookie to fill Trouba's role this year. Not in that murderous hellhole of a division.

Very true. I mean, most Jets fans already see him as the fix after a couple of preseason games (although he has been fantastic), but you don't patch the hole that easily. If he can stick around for a season and, you know, be a #4 or something close to that, we should be happy. Anything on top of that is a plus. But no matter what he is, the likely outcome is that he won't be playing Trouba's tough minutes. Someone capable of PKing and taking on some of the tougher matchups would be needed, and that's what I would look for. Would I pay Trouba for that? Depends on the player, obviously. But even a short term fix would be welcomed.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

The Jets are not a contender this year. We're not looking at him as an equal replacement for Trouba.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
D. Hamilton for Trouba

Just to gauge value here. How much would Winnipeg have to add if anything, to make a Dougie Hamilton for Jacob Trouba trade to work? Probably wouldn't make sense for Treliving to look at, but if Trouba came in at a long term deal under $5 million, it might hold some weight.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn't add anything if I was Winnipeg. Not sure Dougie is a great fit in Winnipeg though though to be honest.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Another righty is not what the Jets need. Why would Cal do this anyhow? They wouldn't.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No need for more rhd, pointless discussion

Yanda

Apr 9, 2014
Trouba's value is very low right now, to get Hamilton they would have to add Ehlers or something of equal or higher value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad